Hall most likely to be new DC (Now Official)

Mr. Perfect

Maybe Benevides and Hall will split the position of DC - one being D and one being C?

But really, this is quite the unusual situation I would submit. Especially for us.

Last year? Empty shelves.

This year? Two of the better coordinator coaches in the running for DC.

Talk about all of a sudden being rich.

And don't take that as an endorsement Of Hall over Mike.

In the meantime….over in Sask…..the phone remains quiet….sitting beside the offer sheet for Benevides

I really think there has to be only one defensive coordinator to determine the style, pace, and plays called.   How would that work with co-defensive coordinators?  One designs the playbook and the other calls the plays?

Wonder if BENEVIDES is still in the running because he doesn't want to be reunited with Chapdelaine in SASK. 

I think Benevides is still in the running because he doesn't necessarily want to be united with Chamblin. Lot of talk that Chamblin is not a great guy to work with. His history of changing coordinators and taking over their duties seems to back this up.

my wish... :D

Mike Benevides - Co-Defensive Coordinator / Linebackers

Richie Hall / Co-Defensive Coordinator / Defensive Backs

Mike Sinclair or Carl Hairston - Defensive Line

I like it, defense by committee. 

However, has this co-defensive coordinator approach ever been done before in the CFL? I've always assumed offense and defense as one man in charge with head coach oversight.

Or is this a wish that will always stay a wish?

However, has this co-defensive coordinator approach ever been done before in the CFL? I've always assumed offense and defense as one man in charge with head coach oversight.

I believe that this is a wish...that should not even be wished for. It's important that the players have one system and one guy to buy into. Can't see how two coordinators would do anything but confuse.

would make very little sense.

Hall and Benevides are about as far apart in philosophy as two coordinators can be.

truley...I don't think so...both have their merits.  My thoughts is we can't go wrong with either..too bad this didnt occur last year and we would be in our second season with the staff...building onto what we created.

Expensive with little prospect of being a better solution.

Is there a consensus pick among the smart guys here of who would be the better DC?

Im not very smart at all but id think its what kind of D you prefer ...

Mike Benevides  runs a more aggressive system.... Richie Hall  runs a more layed back bend dont break kinda system.

Id take Bene just because i like a more aggressive type D but im sure either will do fine and a better then Etch.

This poll, while a month old now, had Benevides as the choice of the forum. Hall was a distant 2nd and almost tied with Claybrooks..   Though no requirement to be "smart" to vote. 

http://morningbigblue.com/community/topic/6269-poll-who-should-be-the-bombers-new-dc/

Benevides   59.3%

Hall             16.48%

Claybrooks 15.38%

These continual talks between the interested parties is really interesting and must be very in-depth.

These two guys have a lot of knowledge and whomever we choose will be a win IMO.

Their insight, at this time, with our current roster, is important, as Walters is going down south in meetings with our Scouting staff, and he could be going with a wish list with roster suggestions by the "new" coordinator.