Ugly or Wonderful ... your gut hunch for 2015

BigBlue

I go into each year with such lofty expectations of the Blue ... and lately I have been so disappointed

I know what my heart says

We all have our analytics about how the Bombers look for the coming season ... but that's left brain

What is your right brain telling you about what's ahead?

Etch being gone is a big plus. Now the Bombers need to keep Willy upright. The Willy that started the season in June could drop a football into a barrel in a 55 yard radius. The throws he was making at the start of the season were deadly accurate. The Willy that finished the season couldn't hit the side of a barn. Something has to change in that regard. It's time our offense was feared once again.

I look at how much success Pittsburgh has had this year - on most plays Roethlisberger can knit a sweater in the pocket they make for him. We need that. Willy with time to throw will be deadly. Everything else will follow from it, including wins.

I think we sign Holmes, Hickman and Jonathon Williams in FA, draft Waud and Ackie, Hall ends up as DC, Khari Jones as QB Coach

Willy starts the season, Marve ends it... Moore has breakout season, Teague Sherman wins WIL out of camp, Briggs-Wild rotate at MLB

11-7, we lose the grey cup to Edmonton

...or I have no idea... either one.

With Marcel still firmly planted in the wheel house of the offence my imagination can't  conceive the Bombers doing better than .500 at this time.  I don't see them making the playoffs next year unless another Western team tanks and puts them there.  A weak team in BC is the logical hope but with a new coach and a surprise QB solution in the works it could turn out that 2014 may have been the Lion's bottom out season.  Time will tell.

We could be better and we could be worse...  Watch us be worse.  We sucked stinky ass the whole second half this year and were getting worse.  Only won the last game because The Stamps did not care at all about the game.  Other wise we get blown out that game.

I really really hope not though

At this point i would say we are much the same as last year, maybe with one or two more wins. We will be better but we have to remember that some of the close early wins we got last year were against a weak Eastern division. However Hamilton and Montreal got better as the year went on and Ottawa can only get better in 2015.

And of those 5 early wins, 3 of them we barely squeaked out the victory.  We could have easily been 4-14.