GDT: Winnipeg @ Hamilton

Rich

It's game day!

The 4 -1 Bombers take on the 1 - 3 Tiger-Cats.   Can the boys in blue build on the momentum from last game?   The defense allowed only two field games against the Lions, and now they take on the Hamilton Offense run by Dan LeFevour.    LeFevour rushed for over 100 yards last game.  Can the Bombers D contain him?

Forecast in Hamilton tonight is rain in the afternoon which should be clearing for game time, with a game time temperature of 21 degrees Celcius and a SW 15 km/h wind.

Chris Cuthbert and Glenn Suitor will be calling the game tonight for TSN.

As always, join us in the chat room during the game!

It's game day!

The 4 -1 Bombers take on the 1 - 3 Tiger-Cats.   Can the boys in blue build on the momentum from last game?   The defense allowed only two field games against the Lions, and now they take on the Hamilton Offense run by Dan LeFevour.    LeFevour rushed for over 100 yards last game.  Can the Bombers D contain him?

Forecast in Hamilton tonight is rain in the afternoon which should be clearing for game time, with a game time temperature of 21 degrees Celcius and a SW 15 km/h wind.

Chris Cuthbert and Glenn Suitor will be calling the game tonight for TSN.

As always, join us in the chat room during the game!

This is the best part!!!

As for the game.  A tied for Second in the West Vs. a team tied for First in the East.  Great matchup!

Play contain instead of focussing on hits and sacks...

Just better tackling fundamentals period.  Instead of delivering a shot and hoping to knock a guy down .. wrap him up and make sure he's on the turf.   Defense can't let the LeFevour's, Gable's or Gigeure's of the world look like all-stars.

I hate to be positive, but it seems to me that the media is wildly overrating Hamilton and Lefevour based on his one start against Ottawa.  At least I hope. I remember being excited about the Bombers playing Calgary's 3rd stringer last year, and then Bo Levi turned out to be the real deal.

I don't think Hamilton is as bad as their record indicates. They fought Edmonton right to the final whistle and also gave Calgary a good run. They had to start off with three road games out West which is never fun. I won't be surprised to see this game go right down to the wire.

I don't think Hamilton is as bad as their record indicates. They fought Edmonton right to the final whistle and also gave Calgary a good run. They had to start off with three road games out West which is never fun. I won't be surprised to see this game go right down to the wire.

Totally agree.  Hamilton is not that bad.  Especially with some injured players coming back.  The question is whether LeFevour can keep up the pace from the last game or if he comes crashing back to Earth in his second game like so many other QB's have in the past.

nice problem you have, website so popular during games, it's hard to get in sometimes…

well done, you're doing a great job here.

There is something goofy going on during games which I believe is tied to the chat room, and it isn't tied to the number of people hitting the website.  We should have no problems keeping up with any kind of traffic this site would get.   I've noticed it during both away games now so it isn't a coincidence. (not home during home games so I'm not monitoring it).

I logged a ticket with our hosting company during the last game, they didn't get to it until after the game was over, but they did say that the logs indicated that the server was running out of memory and constantly rebooting.   They tried changing a few optimizations and have a few other ideas to try if it doesn't get fixed.

People already in the chat room aren't affected as the chat room is hosted off site.

We didn't see this last year as we were on a different hosting company and setup at the time.

So, if you have problems with the site tonight during the game, please have patience, I'll be monitoring it and trying to get it fixed.

If you want in the chat room, best to get in a little early before the game.  If we are experiencing difficulties again, be patient and keep trying, the server will reboot and you will be able to get in before it runs out of memory and goes down again :)

One thing I believe will help us is O'Shea's apparent ability to keep the guys on an even keel and not feeling they have won the game before it's even played à la Swaggerville and their belief they can come back should that be needed. 

I hate to be positive, but it seems to me that the media is wildly overrating Hamilton and Lefevour based on his one start against Ottawa.  At least I hope. I remember being excited about the Bombers playing Calgary's 3rd stringer last year, and then Bo Levi turned out to be the real deal.

They definitely are. It's ironic how everyone wants to slag on the east (and rightfully so) but yet tooting Hamilton's horn from last week. Ottawa stuck with them almost the entire way despite Lefevour putting up the numbers he did. Ontop of that the Redblacks defence ranks at the bottom or near the bottom in almost every defensive category. 

Been back in the province since Sat and loving the vibe. Even down at Victoria Beach everyone had Bomber gear on and wanted to talk about the team. Hit up River City for some Jets gear at KP mall, now off to the Bomber Store to grab stuff there. Apparently Shark Club at CityPlace is the place to be tonight so hopefully its good n rowdy! #GoBlue #SoGoodToBeHome

Not much talk on here on stopping CJ Gable if you stop him then it makes stopping LeFavour a lot easier.

I agree. just like when we played Edmonton both Reilly and White killed us on the ground.

We need to stop both Lefevour and Gable from gaining yards and let Lefevour go through the air.

Not much talk on here on stopping CJ Gable if you stop him then it makes stopping LeFavour a lot easier.

I agree. just like when we played Edmonton both Reilly and White killed us on the ground.

We need to stop both Lefevour and Gable from gaining yards and let Lefevour go through the air.

Yup. If we keep LeFevour and Gable on their side of the line of scrimmage, we have the Tabbies by the short curlies. I don't think LeFevour's arm is as suspect as many think, but if the passing game is all they have, this just might be a stomping.