GDT: Winnipeg @ Hamilton

Rich

There are no haters & no one here should be pointing accusing fingers at anyone because we all whine & ***** constantly with each other about coaches & players. Most of us here are educated fans & know when a player isn't doing his job for the most part. At the end of the day we want this team to win & we take it personally when they don't or even play poorly. We also take it personally when they win. Can't say any of us didn't have their chest puffed out a bit this morning after we woke up & thought about that last winning drive Drew Willy put together & had a little smile thinking about Kent Austin exploding after.

I honestly want to say that Zach Anderson is our best D-lineman.... but I'm afraid to.... cuz Bryant Turner will find out.... and he'll find me.... and as we all know he has a very particular set of skills... skills that he has acquired over a very long career... skills that make him a nightmare for people like me... 

I think this group is the best I have seen in a while that work as one unit. Five guys that get push up the field and all have big time motors. Hardest working bunch of Dline men I have seen. So far I think this is the strongest group on the team.

That's pretty much how Doug Brown described them on the CJOB pre-game show.  Lunch bucket crew without any big stars, just  a hard working bunch with good motors.

I've said this before but I can't stop thinking about it. All the free agent players & coaches who sneered & didn't want to come here in the off season because they thought they were too good for us, all of them can shove it up their you know what. Especially Hamilton stealing Collaros & Marcel Desjardins in Ottawa who said smugly that there weren't any players good enough from the Bombers to draft in the last round of the expansion draft & then stole Hank from us. Hey, I'm glad Collaros & Burris signed elsewhere but just the total lack of disrespect shown to the Bombers has left me with a long memory. Seeing us beat Hamilton like that knowing how upset Austin is was worth it for me. That was sweet. I know we were a bad team in 2013 & really we didn't have a lot of good players but to have it shoved in our face like that made me very angry. And just the way Desjardins was so smug...  I'll be honest, I want to whip every team's ass this season but Hamilton & Ottawa especially. Payback is a *****. 

I've said this before but I can't stop thinking about it. All the free agent players & coaches who sneered & didn't want to come here in the off season because they thought they were too good for us, all of them can shove it up their you know what. Especially Hamilton stealing Collaros & Marcel Desjardins in Ottawa who said smugly that there weren't any players good enough from the Bombers to draft in the last round of the expansion draft & then stole Hank from us. Hey, I'm glad Collaros & Burris signed elsewhere but just the total lack of disrespect shown to the Bombers has left me with a long memory. Seeing us beat Hamilton like that knowing how upset Austin is was worth it for me. That was sweet. I know we were a bad team in 2013 & really we didn't have a lot of good players but to have it shoved in our face like that made me very angry. And just the way Desjardins was so smug...  I'll be honest, I want to whip every team's ass this season but Hamilton & Ottawa especially. Payback is a *****. 

I didn't want Burris here but I hope he looks at what Winnipeg is doing and pouts every night. Same with Collaros, him especially I think figured he was hopping into a great situation and to have it blow up in his face is just great karma. 

I didn't want Burris here but I hope he looks at what Winnipeg is doing and pouts every night. Same with Collaros, him especially I think figured he was hopping into a great situation and to have it blow up in his face is just great karma. 

I think Hank is just counting his money right now and his good fortune that he found someone dumb enough to pay him $400K a season at his age.

Collaros's comments about our new stadium just added insult to injury. And of course, Ti Cats fans mocked our problems with IGF but at least we still had Canad Inns around to fall back on. Not a dinky 5,000 seat CIS stadium. Oh & another delay today. THF won't be ready until (maybe) Labour Day. LOL!! It all looks good on Hamilton & their fans. I'll give Zontar a pass here as he isn't a bad guy who posts here. 

January 21st, 2014 - The Bombers sign a 6ft., 200 pound receiver who was drafted 38th overall in 2011.

As a starter for LavalRouge et Or, the two-time all-Canadian finished as the second-leading receiver in CIS history with 238 receptions.

He went back to school in 2011, but in 2012 was a member of the Argos…used mainly as a special-teamer.

Julian Feoli-Gudino

Doing everything this year that we were hoping young Etienne would do.

And doing it in the utmost clutch situations.

Need a 1st down? JFG

Need a clutch catch to keep the drive going? JFG

Need a heroic TD to win the game? JFG

If you look up the translation of Spanish to English, Feoli-Gudino translates into…..Feoli-Gudino but really, in this year, the Bomber translation is Feel-Good

Julian Feel-Good story of the year.

Here's the pace of our receivers, RB and QB through 6 games.

Nick Moore: 75 catches 1088 yards *adjusted for missed game

Clarence Denmark: 63 catches 924 yards

Aaron Kelly:  72 catches 1092 yards *adjusted for missed games

Julian Feoli-Gudino: 60 catches 543 yards

Rory Kohlert: 33 catches 393 yards

Nic Grigsby: 69 catches 670 yards 

240 carries 1029 yards

Drew Willy: 381-582 4986 yards 21 TDs 12 INTs

JFG - gets the job done.  One of the best surprises of the 2014 season so far.

Kid deserves his props. Sure made up for that fumble.Nice to see Willy show confidence in JFG after he put the ball on the ground. That's how qbs build chemistry with their receivers.

240 carries 1029 yards

These are pretty well the numbers I wrote down for these players, taking into account possible games missed, here and there.

Now, if I could only find that paper I wrote those numbers on for proof….

Those numbers are very encouraging for a 'newly' forged attack and are miles ahead of what we could have expected and reflect what can happen when you have a good QB to distribute the ball.

And I certainly can't fail to mention MB's role in all of this for recognizing what he has in this offence and the roles he has set for these players.

**Put this all together with Wylie's help and get the ball out fast for Willy and these are the numbers we're getting.

240 carries 1029 yards

Looks like a pretty good and balanced offense to me. 

This game wasn't as close as the score made it out to be, The bombers absolutely dominated the cats in every aspect of the game. Bombers deserved to win and Hamilton was lucky it was as close as it was. Bombers took the gas off the pedal in the third and allowed the cats to catch up and take the lead but the bombers definitely deserved the win..  Bombers played for 45 minutes, ticats played for 15. 

What is up with Hamilton though, to come out so unprepared like that... just mind boggling really. Playing in their "own" university stadium and to come out and get dominated like that in the first half was crazy.. how many people were at the game? cuz in the first half, i didn't hear anybody at all. 

That pass to gable for the touchdown was really the only thing the hamilton offence did all game long. 

how many people were at the game? cuz in the first half, i didn't hear anybody at all. 

I heard there was an accident that blocked roads and really slowed traffic so it took longer to get to the game.