Arland Bruce, classy as always

O2L

This is unbelievable. Personally, I don't think a fine is enough of a punishment, but that's just me...

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=443568

ALS' BRUCE DIRECTS OFFENSIVE MESSAGE TO GAY PROSPECT SAM

While most professional football players showed support on social media for NFL prospect Michael Sam after announcinng he was gay, Arland Bruce was not among them.

Montreal Alouettes receiver wrote an offensive message towards Sam over Instagram on Tuesday night, suggesting that the Missouri defensive end Sam should "submit to God."

"YOW!," he wrote. "Mr/MSam you scared to rub on ------- and --- and ------- you gaey. Man up and do some --- push UPS and get on your knees and submit to God fully. Come out of her" Americas Trap. Lil homie don't go thru with it it's a trap bruh."

It isn't the first time Bruce has been in the centre of controversy. In 2009, he performed a touchdown celebration by removing his helmet, shoulder pads, and uniform top and laying down in the end zone as a tribute to Michael Jackson after scoring.

The CFL has fined players for questionable and offensive messages posted on social media.

Stupid is as stupid does. I've been around long enough to remember when blacks were excluded from playing certain positions on football teams and were not even considered for coaching or management because they were "not smart enough". The same bigots who feel that God has franchised them to discriminate against one group or another are the same ones who would have been stoning infidels in the streets not that long ago.

Arland checkered past really should prevent him from talking about anyone else's life choices.

being gay isnt a life choice.

And if that gibberish translates to what it seems like it does, I would release him.  Maybe thats crazy but its a dispicable hateful attack.  CFL better lay down a huge fine on this idiot.

Arland checkered past really should prevent him from talking about anyone else's life choices.

being gay isnt a life choice.

And if that gibberish translates to what it seems like it does, I would release him.  Maybe thats crazy but its a dispicable hateful attack.  CFL better lay down a huge fine on this idiot.

Exactly. The probability that there are multiple gay people in the Alouettes organization, from players, to coaches, to administration, is pretty likely, and Bruce's comments have just ostracized them. To not release him suggests that the organization supports this type of discrimination. It's not a matter of freedom of speech, it's human rights. I'd have to imagine that if he had used a racial slur there wouldn't even be any hesitation to dump him, and I see this as no different.

Such a moron. Rob Murphy had a really good tweet response to it today, too. Calling him an ass-clown. Man, I hate the fundies...

Runakoreth or when he was just a piss ant practice squad player in SF...Arland Bruce...Is an absolute ass clown..But this isnt breaking news

It was something to the effect that he wouldn't walk around naked in the locker room with a gay guy in there. That he'd have to wear a robe to be around him. It was really stupid, for sure, and he deleted quickly.

Serious question: Is he not allowed to feel that way?  Or is it just that it's not PC so they shouldn't say things that will bring heat on themselves and the CFL by the over-reacters?

It was something to the effect that he wouldn't walk around naked in the locker room with a gay guy in there. That he'd have to wear a robe to be around him. It was really stupid, for sure, and he deleted quickly.

That's hugely disappointing.