Arland Bruce, classy as always

O2L

We already have the thought police in Canada - human "rights" commissions. 

careful you're going to start a giant rant

Lol bring it pinkos.  I agree with Max, you can't win on this topic unless you are morally outraged, and that's fine. Bruce will never play professional football again, and that's punishment enough for his stupidity. He can go stock shelves at Target now.

I don't want to live in a world where jbr is from... You wouldn't be able to speak a word without offending someone.

Essentially every person on here would be labelled ignorant for the mean spirited things they have said about Mack, Burke, Kelly, Buck, Friesen etc...

You're right.  There is no difference between judging people on their character, personality, judgement and poor management/writing and judging people based solely on elements of their humanity that they don't control like gender, race and sexuality. 

I don't want to live in a world where jbr is from... You wouldn't be able to speak a word without offending someone.

Essentially every person on here would be labelled ignorant for the mean spirited things they have said about Mack, Burke, Kelly, Buck, Friesen etc...

Good point. I've always found his football comments to be enjoyable and informative, while his political comments have inspired the exact opposite feelings.

Lol bring it pinkos.  I agree with Max, you can't win on this topic unless you are morally outraged, and that's fine. Bruce will never play professional football again, and that's punishment enough for his stupidity. He can go stock shelves at Target now.

The only folks who seem "morally outraged" are the ones who don't think Turner's comments should be lumped in with Bruce's.

The only folks who seem "morally outraged" are the ones who don't think Turner's comments should be lumped in with Bruce's.

Ahhh...not from where I am standing. Anyway, what Turner said was wrong.  Should not have said it.  I totally agree with that.  I'm done.

I love how people convert "show respect to everyone, regardless of sexual preference" to "thought police" and "PC message."

Does Bryant Turner deserve to be calling abusive terms because of the colour of his skin? Or is it okay to attack sexual preference but not race?

I am also noticing what I think is an age-divide here, though I can't be sure.  Can't say it reflects well on the older generation.

It was something to the effect that he wouldn't walk around naked in the locker room with a gay guy in there. That he'd have to wear a robe to be around him. It was really stupid, for sure, and he deleted quickly.

Serious question: Is he not allowed to feel that way?  Or is it just that it's not PC so they shouldn't say things that will bring heat on themselves and the CFL by the over-reacters?

Well, you're *allowed* to hate black people but you sure as heck dont voice that idiotic opinion.  You're *allowed* to hate women but you sure as heck dont voice that one either.  So yeah, you're *allowed* to think people choose to be gay but you really have to be a backwords moron in this day and age to feel that way.

Its not ignorant if that is how he feels. Its ignorant to push your own beliefs just because someone doesn't agree with you.

For the record I work with lots of lesbian women and this HAS been an issue with other straight women feeling uncomfortable in our gyms change room being gawked and harassed to a point where they had to modify the showers to be individual stalls.

For the men it's a non issue and plenty of helicoptering is done on a daily basis.

If he made a nasty racist remark would you defend that as "not ignorant if thats how he feels?"  Subtle homophobia is still homophobia and *is* ignorant.  In this day and age you dont get to hide behind "opinion" to express a hateful remark.  Dont even try.

The example you stated sounds dubious at best and if its true then one of two things is to blame.  1) the women doing the harrassing which has no bearing on gay people in general and 2) the straight women's homophobia creating a sense of uncomfortableness.

I wonder how many players are really upset when a female reporter or team executive is around the locker room.  And anyone who thinks there is ONE gay player in the NFL (or about to enter the NFL) you're crazy. 

It was something to the effect that he wouldn't walk around naked in the locker room with a gay guy in there. That he'd have to wear a robe to be around him. It was really stupid, for sure, and he deleted quickly.

Serious question: Is he not allowed to feel that way?  Or is it just that it's not PC so they shouldn't say things that will bring heat on themselves and the CFL by the over-reacters?

Well, you're *allowed* to hate black people but you sure as heck dont voice that idiotic opinion.  You're *allowed* to hate women but you sure as heck dont voice that one either.  So yeah, you're *allowed* to think people choose to be gay but you really have to be a backwords moron in this day and age to feel that way.

Well you clearly didn't even understand my post at all. So I guess I'm not the backwards moron here.

It's obvious you can't have a civil conversation about this in our society anymore. So have fun everyone spewing your intolerance at other people's "intolerance".

Homophobia is, by all reports, a BIG thing in the NFL, NBA and MLB, so it wouldn't be a big stretch to see Sam get drafted in late rounds and decide to come to CFL in order to make his rep and force the NFL to notice him. It happened to Doug Flutie, Warren Moon and other players who did not fit the NFL profile.

The US of A  is a very regressive place in many instances. All you need do is get off the interstates in Alabama or Mississippi and visit some of the small towns.

Troy Westwood talked about this yesterday and agrees that Sam will have trouble with many players.  He talked about the influence of American players on the CFL and their Christian faith, though clearly they choose certain aspects of Christianity to embrace.  There are still racists among us today but we dont tolerate it in police society.  No doubt racists exist in pro sports but overt racism is simply not tolerated.

Is Bruce an idiot?  Absolutely.  He's actually a two-time loser.  1) for having those backwards opinions and 2) for being stupid enough to express them in public. 

Well you clearly didn't even understand my post at all. So I guess I'm not the backwards moron here.

It's obvious you can't have a civil conversation about this in our society anymore. So have fun everyone spewing your intolerance at other people's "intolerance".

I wasnt calling you a  moron but I was belittling your point. 

Can we have a civil conversation about which enthicity is superior?  I mean come on...

You're right. There is no difference between judging people on their character, personality, judgement and poor management/writing and judging people based solely on elements of their humanity that they don't control like gender, race and sexuality.
You can have sex changes, change your outward appearance and you can choose your sexual preferences at any time. Your points are invalid.

Lots of people took personal shots at Kelly. How many fat jokes were cracked about Lawless. What Roberts and his personal life decisions we mocked in the past. Maybe he couldn't help chasing big girls and smoking all the time.

in your world these people didn't choose to be the way they are.

You're right. There is no difference between judging people on their character, personality, judgement and poor management/writing and judging people based solely on elements of their humanity that they don't control like gender, race and sexuality.
You can have sex changes, change your outward appearance and you can choose your sexual preferences at any time. Your points are invalid.

Lots of people took personal shots at Kelly. How many fat jokes were cracked about Lawless. What Roberts and his personal life decisions we mocked in the past. Maybe he couldn't help chasing big girls and smoking all the time.

Hearty LOL at 'choosing sexual preferences.'

Too funny.

Oh my...

in your world these people didn't choose to

Holy smokes.  Where to begin....  "choose your sexual preference".  Good God