Miles or Marshall...

Floyd

hqdefault.jpg

LOL nice one.

Why would Miles stay as a DB coach with the Riders when he'd probably make more coin here as a DC?

Because Saskatchewan is the place to be! They just won the Cup, and they have potash!!

My guess is his contract would allow for a walkaway for a bigger job elsewhere unless he himself isnt ready..

Well, fans bitched when the BOD's leaked info to the media. Can't have it both ways.

Bingo.

Everyone complains about leaks from inside the organization, but other than things that have been leaked by agents or other sources around the league / general situations that can't be avoided (i.e. O'Shea being spotted in a hotel before he was officially named HC) the organization has been tight lipped since Wade Miller took over.

I'd say there is a difference between leaks from the org and rumours in CFL circles...  plus the O'Shea rumour floated around well before he was spotted in Winnipeg...

I wouldn't say I'm overly concerned but we do really need our coaching staff in place before free agency starts...

Barron Miles signs a 2 year extension with the Riders......does this mean the road is clear for Greg Marshall to return? 

The start date of this thread saying it was either Miles or Marshall was Dec 27 which was 2 weeks after the Riders announced their defensive coaching staff. Presumably he signed the extension before the announcement yet the rumours didn't stop and there haven't been any comments from Miles saying he isn't going anywhere. 

Lowell Ullrich (@FifthQtr) reports DB coach Barron Miles has signed a 2-year extension with the #Riders. So won't be #Bombers DC.

...word that Miles is out seems to be gaining traction...

The only other potential #Bombers DC names out there right now are Greg Marshall and Gary Etcheverry.

I am officially starting the Craig Dickenson for DC campaign. Please donate.

Over on the Sask Roughriders forum, the Bombers are getting made fun of pretty bad like we are a huge joke.  Saying no coaches wanna come here and that Mike O'Shea will regret coming here, amongst other insults.  Really hope we land Wylie now that it seems we have lost out on Miles.

CFL News @CFL_News53m

Either Barron Miles or Greg Marshall will be the new defensive co-ordinator for the #Bombers. #CFL

If it's Miles, it will be defensive coordinating by committee with O'Shea's background and all.

What makes you say that?  Just because O'S used to be a linebacker?  He's never coached positionally before, let alone coordinated a defense. 

Despite that, the sense I'm getting from him anyways, is that he is the type to just let his guys do their jobs.  He'll have his plate full enough. 

True but by your logic O'Shea shouldn't be a head coach either just because he's been a special teams coordinator. As well, coaching by committee can work if done appropriately. It's not about the head coach wearing multiple hats (like lapo did with his head coaching duties and the offense), it's about the coaching team actually operating as high performing team where each individual knows when to lead, knows when to follow and knows when the get the he'll out of the way. All coaches need to be receptive to other coaches inputs but not obligated to enact it. O'Shea can provide input and empower his coaches. It can be done if he has that special skill set to do it.

That's not my logic at all.  I'm not saying that Miles shouldn't be a DC. I'm also not saying that "coaching by committee" doesn't work.  What I am saying is that we have a rookie HC that will be busy instilling his own culture and philosophies into this team.  He should be working hard at building a coaching staff that can run their departments effectively. O'Shea is not in a position to be worrying about involving himself with the defense, regardless if he would be qualified to do so or not.