Miles or Marshall...

Floyd

Hey, who knows why Burke said what he did? Mack & Burke was a **** show. Provide the link to what Burke said so I can read it as I never recalled reading or hearing it.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Stamps+rookie+Brett+Jones+been+revelation+could+freshman/9050470/story.html

It was on one of the CJOB coaches shows. Two posters on here recall Burke saying this. Sorry I don't have a full day to listen to every show to find the link for you. If you want to hear it go to the CJOB audio vault and listen to this seasons shows. It's there.

Well, I think from the video of Jones as well as the story in the Calgary Herald it's pretty clear that he didn't tell anyone on any CFL team he would only play for Calgary. Once teams  knew he had applied to the Faculty of Medicine at the U of R they backed off. The Bombers decided to pass on him as did 6 other CFL teams except Calgary. Turns out he never got into medical school & is  now enrolled in engineering at  the U of C. No idea why Burke would say what he did about Jones.

Well, I think from the video of Jones as well as the story in the Calgary Herald it's pretty clear that he didn't tell anyone on any CFL team he would only play for Calgary. Once teams  knew he had applied to the Faculty of Medicine at the U of R they backed off. The Bombers decided to pass on him as did 6 other CFL teams except Calgary. Turns out he never got into medical school & is  now enrolled in engineering at  the U of C. No idea why Burke would say what he did about Jones.

maybe that's why he said he'd only go to Calgary, wanted to go to university there. 

The thing about Jones is true. Calgary was the only city that offered him an opportunity to obtain work in his field as part of a co-op program to tide him over until medical school.

And no, I'm not getting a link because I don't feel like playing internet detective today.

Brendan Taman said exactly that on H & L. I don't know when exactly, but it was either just before or just after the Grey Cup.

Well, that's pretty interesting that people are saying that now but not at the time. I wouldn't be surprised if people like Taman & Burke are covering their tracks because the guy never got into medical school & turned into a CFL All Star. Especially Taman in Regina. And Mike, nobody asked you to be Internet Detective so relax. I'll just remember that quote next time I say something you don't agree with which is always & you want proof.

The thing about Jones is true. Calgary was the only city that offered him an opportunity to obtain work in his field as part of a co-op program to tide him over until medical school.

And no, I'm not getting a link because I don't feel like playing internet detective today.

7978bffb08801e9daa54da018ecb52ff09e579a9

This thread has spiralled out of control.  Miles or Marshall.  Not Jones, Mack, the Draft etc.

I hate to be that guy, but I want to read opinions about Miles or Marshall in a thread titled as such.

well there's only so much we can say about that and it was all covered in the first part of the thread, because it's the offseason and new material is scarce the conversation here has simply evolved, it happens, my advice would be to deal with it.