Miles or Marshall...

Floyd

Speaking of Lancaster Bomber ... with a name like this I gotta try this some time ...

It's horribly bitter. My Grandpa was on a Lancaster in WWII so I felt compelled to try one. It was a mistake...

So, you're saying it's the perfect beer to celebrate the year we've just had.

Especially if your one of many posters on this board and tep.

Don't think so, Jacquie. He can work on any team in the CFL. Last season was a disaster & he was an unlucky participant. I don't think he had any idea that things would unravel here the way they did. Have you heard any rumours he wanted to come back? No one has said anything that he wants to be on O'Shea's staff. Now, maybe he will. But all the stories I've heard is he's going to Edmonton. 

I've only heard one story, and it was reported by Arash Madani.  Take that with a grain of salt, but I guess technically that is all the stories I've heard as well.

Biggest factor in where Dickenson coaches lies in whether he wants total autonomy with the ST unit, or whether he wants the opportunity for 2 of the CFL's best ST coaches to collaborate.  He's unlikely to get total autonomy here, so if he wants that, he's probably out. 

CFL News @CFL_News53m

Either Barron Miles or Greg Marshall will be the new defensive co-ordinator for the #Bombers. #CFL

If it's Miles, it will be defensive coordinating by committee with O'Shea's background and all.

What makes you say that?  Just because O'S used to be a linebacker?  He's never coached positionally before, let alone coordinated a defense.  

Despite that, the sense I'm getting from him anyways, is that he is the type to just let his guys do their jobs.  He'll have his plate full enough.

CFL News @CFL_News53m

Either Barron Miles or Greg Marshall will be the new defensive co-ordinator for the #Bombers. #CFL

If it's Miles, it will be defensive coordinating by committee with O'Shea's background and all.

What makes you say that?  Just because O'S used to be a linebacker?  He's never coached positionally before, let alone coordinated a defense.  

Despite that, the sense I'm getting from him anyways, is that he is the type to just let his guys do their jobs.  He'll have his plate full enough.

Biggest mistake any head coach (let alone a rookie one) can make is trying to wear too many hats .. O'Shea doesn't seem like that person to me.

Biggest mistake any head coach (let alone a rookie one) can make is trying to wear too many hats .. O'Shea doesn't seem like that person to me.

yeah was really unhappy with Lapo trying to do too many jobs, really get the impression that O'Shea isn't that kind of person and I'm glad. Burke wasn't that kind of person either but he failed because he wound up really doing nothing. 

Burke wasn't that kind of person either but he failed because he wound up really doing nothing.

I think I could have coached the Bombers this year just like Tim Burke, because I can point the finger at everyone else and shrug a lot as good as anybody I've ever seen.

I don't know, that hollow, empty look he frequently had in his eyes is hard to match. 

Burke wasn't that kind of person either but he failed because he wound up really doing nothing.

I think I could have coached the Bombers this year just like Tim Burke, because I can point the finger at everyone else and shrug a lot as good as anybody I've ever seen.

image.png

I wonder which year we will stop all the Burke bashing.

When we actually see a coach worse than him... Considering I have never seen a coach as bad as him with this team that could be a long long wait. That's right, Tim Burke was a worse head coach than Mike Kelly, Jim Daley and Jeff Reinbold, quite an accomplishment. He deserves every single bit of bashing he gets because he led the consistently led the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked onto the field.

I won't defend him as a HC but I think it's time to move on. Unlike Kelly, Burke had some class. One of the finest DC'a in the CFL. I just think we could show a bit more class around here. The Burke era is over.

I wasn't aware of blaming everyone except yourself is considered class.....   while he didn't make a fool of himself like Reed did....  he also didn't show any emotion or really ever was honest with Bob or the fans in general.  

yeah I think Reinbold had a lot less to work with on this team (also because of his failures as a GM) but at least the team seemed to play for him. No one played for Burke, they just seemed to never be prepared to start a game, seemed to lack a lot of effort and desire. Burke just came across as the least inspiring coach ever. 

All i gotta say is a head coach can only be as good as his QB. For sure he didnt help his cause in many ways but he was hooped from the get go in some ways...

Ever the apologist. what did Burke do that made him look even the least bit qualified to be a head coach? Lapo had the same qbs and his teams never looked so out of it as Burke did. 

All i gotta say is a head coach can only be as good as his QB. For sure he didnt help his cause in many ways but he was hooped from the get go in some ways...

Ever the apologist. what did Burke do that made him look even the least bit qualified to be a head coach? Lapo had the same qbs and his teams never looked so out of it as Burke did.
His history as a DC, his ability to get those defenses to play outstanding. He obviously was out of his element and out of his depth here but I don't think he was given the tools to succeed.. Not apologizing, just passing along some food for thought.. QBs being shitty are an acceptable reason (when combined with all factors yes) for a coach being shitcanned in the NFL, why is it not a consideration for a rookie HC in the CFL? a functioning offense would have covered up for the other inconsistencies a bit (lipstick on a pig and I wouldn't have been happy about it, just so you know) and I doubt a mike Reilly or Tate/Mitchell would have fixed our woes... Just that it is something to think of..