Miles or Marshall...

Floyd

maybe we just don't hire a DC this year and just run the Chewbacca defense all year instead.

“”Cochran ...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!Gerald Broflovski Damn it!... He's using the Chewbacca defense!Cochran Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.."
And I'm the one drinking too much caffeine?

;)

Well, ya. You've seen the south park episode this is referenced from, right? If not, quick synopsis is that johnny cochran uses this "defense" to get OJ Simpson aquitted..

actually he uses it to prosecute Chef, then in the end uses it again to help Chef win his case. In his last argument, he pulls out a puppet and shows it to a juror and the juror's head explodes.

I do think the past regime & their actions are hurting us now recruiting great coaches but... if we can improve on the field & have a business like professional approach by the organization to winning we will eventually get the great coaches to come here. But I do think that qualified coaches are holding off coming here until they see proof of change. I think that is what BriceDream is trying to say. The key to winning is to look after the little things as well as the big ones.

This is a really well-thought out and explained post that I do agree with.  Just don't agree that canning your coaches after one year (when it's a good one) improves the outlook of the Bombers organization to the coaching pool.

No, you misunderstood.

I didn't suggest canning OS after one season (unless he's Mike Kelly/Tim Burke Reloaded), I said getting new/better co-ordinators when they become available and actually want to work here. 

Co-ordiantors only sign on for one year at a time anyway. Upgrading at OC or DC at year-end as options present themselves.

Unless, of course, the guys we have this year do great. Which I think is unlikely. But you never know. 

Spuds loses points for getting the context of the reference wrong AND for seemingly doing a copy pasta on the quote as well. No geek points for you.

Course i hack jobbed it and i misqouted myself.. Ment to say they used it on south park to make fun of what defenses cochane used to get oj aquitted..

Mah bad.. S'ok tho, i got lotsa internets banked up but really woulda liked the geek pointz...oh welps