2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

I'm gonna just not take a stand one way or another until we have enough evidence. Other than "well he doesn't have the measurables that I want to see in a DL" we have nothing to go on. He hasn't had enough game time to judge with any certainty. He might be ****, he might be good. I'll wait and see. 

Honestly the narrative in here is pretty amusing - you think management is considering firing or even "reining in" Mike O'Shea while the team is in a period of unprecedented prosperity? When they are selling out games while the Jets' attendance is the subject of league wide consternation in the NHL? While half the teams in the CFL (at least) have sub-20000 crowds on a nightly basis? No one in the Bombers front office is even considering suggesting a change to Mike O'Shea. When the casual sports fans in Winnipeg are saying "why can't the Jets be more like the Bombers?" that means the team is doing okay. There are five Bomber fans unhappy and they are all localized within this forum. O'Shea will do exactly as he pleases, as long as he wants.

12 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Honestly the narrative in here is pretty amusing - you think management is considering firing or even "reining in" Mike O'Shea while the team is in a period of unprecedented prosperity? When they are selling out games while the Jets' attendance is the subject of league wide consternation in the NHL? While half the teams in the CFL (at least) have sub-20000 crowds on a nightly basis? No one in the Bombers front office is even considering suggesting a change to Mike O'Shea. When the casual sports fans in Winnipeg are saying "why can't the Jets be more like the Bombers?" that means the team is doing okay. There are five Bomber fans unhappy and they are all localized within this forum. O'Shea will do exactly as he pleases, as long as he wants.

Preach brother 🙌🏻 positivity will prevail

38 minutes ago, Atomic said:

While I do agree with some of what Booch and Mike are saying, I do believe this post is correct as well.... Average Joe Sports Fan sees no issues with what's happening at Fort Hew....

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Just because sometimes I want to see the world burn... I'll just leave this here....

Human bowling ball? lol. Isn’t he like 6’2 290? 
he was playing with a ruthless aggression though. The way he played he could’ve been an ol draft pick for us lol. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’ll eat crow with a smile on my face if he turns out to be the every down pocket pusher  we’ve been missing. Just give us a monster DT and I’ll be happily wrong any day. 

100%. If he out performs Thomas and or Lawson this year I’ll buy his damn jersey have him sign it at fan appreciation day and gladly eat crow in person. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Forgot bout him.

I still have some optimism too...it has initially looked different...and we actually brought in some legit talent..that being scared the injury issues scare the crap out of me into falling right back into that complacency and familiarity thing we leaned on too much...and listening to Osh talk on the Bonfire clip...made me feel even less optometric...I hope some the studs we brought in really push the bar all week and in the home preseason game...and make it impossible not to be kept and push some dead weight either onto the PR or right out the door...if we don't...we will be making a buttload of changes for next yr Grey Cup at home run...and that likely won't end well...make the bulk of the transition now

yep, I’m anticipating cut down day more than the last pre season game because that is going to be the big indicator of this season. 
 Though we have frequently taken a couple weeks to get the right guys in, if the top talent is at least on the pr I’ll consider it a win. 

49 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It already happened when we cut a guy he rostered in the gc and most of last season. 
 If you think Walter’s and wade didn’t take action after we were out coached in the gc for the second time in a row idk what to say. You can argue the Symantec’s of reigning in, I’m sure mos is wanting to improve and do better as much as any one, but you  can tell easily from this off season it happened. 

People like to think osh runs the kingdom...he doesn't...not how sports hierarchy works...well any for that matter....he has to answer to people above him and yes...at times follow a directive and fall in line....not the other way around...to think otherwise just proves many don't have a clue

He's the face of the organization so to speak ...but every face is controlled by something...

Edited by Booch

You'd hope that if Osh wants to start 10 Canadians on the opening day roster that both Walters & Miller would be concerned. I think what happened last year was Walters contract situation was so up in the air that he thought he wasn't coming back. So, Osh just had free reign to do what he wanted since our GM & scouting staff didn't even know where they'd be right now. This year is different.  Everyone is under contract now management wise. You'd hope Osh would answer to those above him for questionable roster moves. 

Yeah, the Damien Jackson release was *big* in the front office I bet. A player under contract for next season, on a minimum salary, filling a very specific role that we had nobody else for.

and they said goodbye. 

Pretty telling, in my opinion

People fail to realize that when this regime started...it was a mess...and Miller grabbed the whole pile of steaming crap by the collar..and said from this moment on this is what we are gonna be...this is how we are going to do things..and this is what we will be about....MOS came into his interview and was sure asked his philosophy etc...but was also asked can you do what we are wanting...same with Walter's....and they liked what they saw and decided to give a young guy his chance...it wasn't the other way around...and truth be told I'd be more worried if Miller and Walter's were to walk away than Osh...we'd be just fine with a new coach as this regime wouldn't insert a buffoon...this highly respected coach had one foot out of door...and likely would have been gone if not for upper management suggesting to him to make a few changes before our run..which he smartly did but took long enough doing it..this turn around was a team effort...but it started at the top and was filtered down...it's comical to think many think it was a bottom up thing...but understandable when very few here have ever been in the room and or had dealings with management and how teams...successful teams where people have to answer to someone operate...just look at what happens when they don't...Hi there Chris Jones for example...I shudder to think if Osh was given 100 percent control of everything. 

Edited by Booch

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I'm excited to see how the #1 offense looks with ZC next week. Hopefully it allows us to see who the 5th WR is going to be.

Also looking forward to watching how the various pieces on D look.

Looking forward to seeing who wins that battle. I saw Ed Tait wrote about it yesterday but O’Shea gave zero information and said “they’re all good” so I’m as lost as ever

if I was a betting guy would say It's Mitchell....or Wilson....then again they may go with someone who has had no press....not really showed anything all camp but like for some particular reason...and possibly not from being best talent, and they be largely ignored in the scheme....Offence basically is that one spot so not expecting a world beater guy brought on, asthat doesnt seem to be how we integrate...and certain Lofton gets the nod at RT ...again as we seem to rely on not giving a true rookie a shot unless we have no choice....Interior I think whoever we put there we will be fine....we have the option of being O.K...as well as being dominant....wonder which option we choose....that being said I hope and think we just go with 1 extra oline guy this year as 7 is a waste...I'd rather we use that spot on a Canadian for defence/teams to fill out the roster..

Defence is a crapshoot now due to injury's and am prepared to be dissapointed with what we do...and if we roster more than 5 capable Dlineman this yr, I will be utterly shocked...but it will be a good shock....I bet we will see Haba and WJ flanking fox....and Thomas/Schmeck and Hubert as rotation...and that would be just pathetic

Wouldn't be surprised if Mitchell, Wilson, and Case all stick around in some capacity on the PR or active roster.  Case may get on the roster as a returner depending how they choose to go there. 

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

@DTonOB noted on Twitter that Josh Johnson was working with the 1s yesterday too. That kind of came out of left field for me.

Did he even play in the first preseason game? Honestly no idea who that is

11 hours ago, Atomic said:

I see nothing wrong with the criticism of MOS flaws. However, I do agree that the insinuation that these are flaw fatales, or that they warrant consideration about his continued employment is farfetched. The good far outweighs the bad with MOS and that isn't even debatable. We are lucky to have him as our HC.

14 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

So here's what MBB would look like if we weren't say debating the roster

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9522rh502gx8huwptur1ad

For sure, I said it last year and I'll say it this year that if the dominant concern on any football forum's site is the bottom of the roster usage then that team is in great shape.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You'd hope that if Osh wants to start 10 Canadians on the opening day roster that both Walters & Miller would be concerned. I think what happened last year was Walters contract situation was so up in the air that he thought he wasn't coming back. So, Osh just had free reign to do what he wanted since our GM & scouting staff didn't even know where they'd be right now. This year is different.  Everyone is under contract now management wise. You'd hope Osh would answer to those above him for questionable roster moves. 

You should never be concerned about starting more Canadians.  Sick of this narrative, that Americans are somehow better.

14 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I dunno, I largely agree that there are some roster management issues that the team falls into, I also think that the constant harping on it is getting to be a bit much. I mean we haven't even seen any cuts yet! It's a new year, let's wait until **** actually happens to get all angsty about it.

I expect roster controversy to remain a hot topic here for a while. MOS builds his roster to reinforce the culture, and doesn't have the luxury of black and white thinking like a fan does.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

if I was a betting guy would say It's Mitchell....or Wilson....then again they may go with someone who has had no press....not really showed anything all camp but like for some particular reason...and possibly not from being best talent, and they be largely ignored in the scheme....Offence basically is that one spot so not expecting a world beater guy brought on, asthat doesnt seem to be how we integrate...and certain Lofton gets the nod at RT ...again as we seem to rely on not giving a true rookie a shot unless we have no choice....Interior I think whoever we put there we will be fine....we have the option of being O.K...as well as being dominant....wonder which option we choose....that being said I hope and think we just go with 1 extra oline guy this year as 7 is a waste...I'd rather we use that spot on a Canadian for defence/teams to fill out the roster..

Defence is a crapshoot now due to injury's and am prepared to be dissapointed with what we do...and if we roster more than 5 capable Dlineman this yr, I will be utterly shocked...but it will be a good shock....I bet we will see Haba and WJ flanking fox....and Thomas/Schmeck and Hubert as rotation...and that would be just pathetic

Not pathetic at all.  Stop putting down Canadian talent.