2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

Feels like either nothing will happen to Chad Kelly, or he and John Murphy both will be out of the CFL depending on what happens. But they need to make moves fast and if it does drag along, the league should not let Kelly play in any games until the situation is resolved.

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Yeah it does look like a lot of foot 'foot dragging' with regard to the league and argo's.....The 'special investigator' better get a move on and why isn't this guy named and who selected him.....was it Randy??

Don't see why this guy matters at all, it's either a civil or criminal case, the CFL can react appropriately after the official verdict is rendered, instead of trying to implement corrective action ahead of time.

4 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Don't see why this guy matters at all, it's either a civil or criminal case, the CFL can react appropriately after the official verdict is rendered, instead of trying to implement corrective action ahead of time.

The plaintiff could lose the civil or criminal case and the CFL could still decide that what happened has violated their code of conduct policies.  

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

If it's true that the commish is dismissive of this and not taking it seriously, then I might just be joining the bandwagon calling for his head. That's inexcusable and good on the women who quit over it.

If true my unhealthy hate of the Argos and Leafs gets me thinking if this had been any other team outside of Ontario the Commissioner might not be as dismissive.

My guess is the longer this drags out with no resolution increases the chances of CK walking away from the CFL. That might be best. 

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

If it's true that the commish is dismissive of this and not taking it seriously, then I might just be joining the bandwagon calling for his head. That's inexcusable and good on the women who quit over it.

I wonder if this could be the final nail in his coffin sure as hell should be. The hypocrisy of the league trying to be progressive and inclusive plus coming down harder than before on creeps then acting like this is insane. Unless the league has some kind of hard evidence that this is all fabricated, wagons should start circling. 

maybe the league could hire Buono to source and investigate candidates for a new comish lol 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

I wonder if this could be the final nail in his coffin sure as hell should be. The hypocrisy of the league trying to be progressive and inclusive plus coming down harder than before on creeps then acting like this is insane. Unless the league has some kind of hard evidence that this is all fabricated, wagons should start circling. 

maybe the league could hire Buono to source and investigate candidates for a new comish lol 

Or Buono as the new Commish . . .

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Or Buono as the new Commish . . .

Wouldn’t say no to that. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Can we have a commish that isn't 100 years old.   

any one worth a damn would be nice in the short term. Long term though yeah. Some one who could do the job for 10+ years would be great. 

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Wade would be an interesting choice, but I don't want to lose him from the Bombers.

id make that sacrifice for the league. I’m not sure if wade would want it though. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

This. Needs to be someone in their mid 40s with some football and business experience. 

Did cohon didn’t come with football experience. I’d be really open, we could take a sports business guy like him, or say victor cui, and pair him with a guy like Buono for a few years to bring them a long. 

It’s been no secret that I’m but on cui, hed for sure be on my short list. A long with wade, pinball (out side of all this Kelly stuff) would be good. a huge sleeper pick he probably wouldn’t want it and no one out side of the bomber fan base would think it, but Doug brown would be a fantastic guy to groom for it. I could see Austin being in the mix, and huffer too. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

he's not leaving Winnipeg any time soon.... and you have to live in or around Toronto to have that gig, I think. 

Nope, or his gig selling surgical stuff. He’s one of the most under utilized assets around Canadian football. 
 I do believe you are right and that the commish has to live in gta for head offices. 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Doug Brown as Commish. Not sure how well that would go over west of us given some of his comments.

I think bc would be good with it. Ssk honestly hates randy enough that they’d take Doug or wade happily. Bc I think would be good with him, Alberta wouldn’t like him but they are two dumpster fires with fractional fan bases rn. 

pinball in reality would likely get the first shot at that job. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Nope, or his gig selling surgical stuff. He’s one of the most under utilized assets around Canadian football. 
 I do believe you are right and that the commish has to live in gta for head offices. 

I think bc would be good with it. Ssk honestly hates randy enough that they’d take Doug or wade happily. Bc I think would be good with him, Alberta wouldn’t like him but they are two dumpster fires with fractional fan bases rn. 

No matter who replaced Ambrosie, the Rider fans and management would sour on him/her almost immediately unless the new Commissioner lived in Regina.

Edited by Tracker

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I for one would really love to see Pinball as commish of the CFL but maybe first he runs for mayor of Calgary and gets a new stadium built there for the Stamps. 😜

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I for one would really love to see Pinball as commish of the CFL but maybe first he runs for mayor of Calgary and gets a new stadium built there for the Stamps. 😜

Pinball is a very personable individual but no one is saying he has the acumen to run a league which is roughly equivalent to herding cats. A LOT of cats.