Jump to content

2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)


Noeller

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mike said:

BA being back is about as notable as Bighill to me … a big meh. 

I've been wondering what's happening with Bighill. I'd welcome strong MLB competition as BH ain't no spring chicken and has shown regression.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I wonder if Grant isn't brought back and they go with a kid like Aron Cruickshank ?

Grant was late to sign last year, almost at the FA deadline if I recall. He might think he's worth more than the club is willing to offer. Esp after such a long rehab last season Bombers might be hedging their bets. He's such a dynamic returner though. The whole kick return squad was wonky last season and you wonder if that's partly Boudreau? Hope #80 is back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Grant was late to sign last year, almost at the FA deadline if I recall. He might think he's worth more than the club is willing to offer. Esp after such a long rehab last season Bombers might be hedging their bets. He's such a dynamic returner though. The whole kick return squad was wonky last season and you wonder if that's partly Boudreau? Hope #80 is back. 

Janarion always waits to sign. IF the Bombers want him back I am sure he will sign when he gets around to it. JG is the best returner in the game but I have serious doubts about his durability. I would think the Bombers also will want to ponder that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

I hope your right....Cuz like Mike said ,hes one player i wanted gone......

 

I can see if he was over 34..35....and totally a liability....He's not tho...and I wanna see if he is actually 100 percent healthy and has tossed the brace away.....and part of it I also think was whatever it was we were trying to do with the scheme there...Let him compete, and prove he top 2...3 again....if not we need to have more the cut-throat mentality and cur guys loose, as opposed to the old way of rewards for tender

10 hours ago, Geebrr said:

They do say a knee injury takes 2 years to fully recover. 

I have gone through 2 full rebuilds, and depending on the severity of the rebuild you are correct....and the fact he was still in a brace leads me to believe he wasn't 100% physically or mentally healed...so I wanna see this yr what he's got going on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Booch said:

I can see if he was over 34..35....and totally a liability....He's not tho...and I wanna see if he is actually 100 percent healthy and has tossed the brace away.....and part of it I also think was whatever it was we were trying to do with the scheme there...Let him compete, and prove he top 2...3 again....if not we need to have more the cut-throat mentality and cur guys loose, as opposed to the old way of rewards for tender

I have gone through 2 full rebuilds, and depending on the severity of the rebuild you are correct....and the fact he was still in a brace leads me to believe he wasn't 100% physically or mentally healed...so I wanna see this yr what he's got going on

I don't hate BA being back. He is no longer the league's best S, but he is far from the worst. I don't see a problem at all with bringing him to TC and seeing what he's got left in the tank. MOS has shown that if a player isn't making the cut, even a veteran, and we have other options that he will make the change. Winston Rose found that out last year.

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

I don't hate BA being back. He is no longer the league's best S, but he is far from the worst. I don't see a problem at all with bringing him to TC and seeing what he's got left in the tank. MOS has shown that if a player isn't making the cut, even a veteran, and we have other options that he will make the change. Winston Rose found that out last year.

tho with the football reporters of Canada being who they are...BA was a West All-star....means diddly, but he's far from bad....and Rose should have been in before Houston....so sometimes Osh plays guys for odd reasons when they not necessarily the better option...I had no issues with Rose at all...Houston had holes all over...Poor tackler....not good in run support...gambled way too much for the juice being worth the squeeze...and probably the least physical guy we had on the field...was never a fan...factor in Rose been there done that and seen it all...was not lured into errors like Houston....all DB's will get tricked...but Houston's were more from a lack of understanding it all yet, and his penchant for the pick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Booch said:

also wouldnt be surprised to see us  maybe bring Mike Jones back if price works...be a nice piece who can play HB/CB and knows the CFL well...and still under 30

I guess we will see on Jones, but I doubt we circle back to him now unless he comes at a good price.

55 minutes ago, Booch said:

tho with the football reporters of Canada being who they are...BA was a West All-star....means diddly, but he's far from bad....and Rose should have been in before Houston....so sometimes Osh plays guys for odd reasons when they not necessarily the better option...I had no issues with Rose at all...Houston had holes all over...Poor tackler....not good in run support...gambled way too much for the juice being worth the squeeze...and probably the least physical guy we had on the field...was never a fan...factor in Rose been there done that and seen it all...was not lured into errors like Houston....all DB's will get tricked...but Houston's were more from a lack of understanding it all yet, and his penchant for the pick

Houston did have some real timely picks for us, and that is worth something as well. His overall game is definitely over rated for sure but I can definitely see the logic of dressing him over Rose against a historically inaccurate passer like Fajardo. Anytime we play Fajardo it is nice to have a ballhawk in the lineup because if anyone is subject to tossing errant balls it's him. Just so happens he was dialled in a bit more than usual, and his receivers really saved his butt on his real bad throws, but I would think that won't be a regular occurrence with him.

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Booch said:

I can see if he was over 34..35....and totally a liability....He's not tho...and I wanna see if he is actually 100 percent healthy and has tossed the brace away.....and part of it I also think was whatever it was we were trying to do with the scheme there...Let him compete, and prove he top 2...3 again....if not we need to have more the cut-throat mentality and cur guys loose, as opposed to the old way of rewards for tender

I have gone through 2 full rebuilds, and depending on the severity of the rebuild you are correct....and the fact he was still in a brace leads me to believe he wasn't 100% physically or mentally healed...so I wanna see this yr what he's got going on

I guess your right. Wait and see, if not ,I believe Holm would make a decent safety. That is ,if he resigns here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Piggy 1 said:

That would really suck if Grant doesn't re -up.

It feels like someone else will give him more money and try to integrate him into their passing game. Unless he's part of our receiving plans or no one else seems him as part of theirs, I just don't see him returning (no pun intended). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Janarion always waits to sign. IF the Bombers want him back I am sure he will sign when he gets around to it. JG is the best returner in the game but I have serious doubts about his durability. I would think the Bombers also will want to ponder that.

He got injured on a dumb play call last season, IIRC. Looked like a high ankle sprain plus getting stepped on, on a carry up the gut. He's a receiver-returner not an inside ball carrier. Very unfortunate. He re-habbed forever and wasn't the same after.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone above mentioned his name and I agree that if the numbers don't look too bad, I could see Christmas developing into a good D-lineman. I know we seem to hate Rider cast-offs here, but he showed flashes, has some experience and shouldn't command to high of a dollar amount. 

Regards to BA, my 2 cents if his knee is better than last year, he should be good. He wasn't bad last year, just maybe not as good as he has been, perhaps it was related to his previous injury? Indications were he was a very, very smart and solid leader, sometimes those attributes need to also be taken into consideration in regard to overall value.

I think there will be some decent dollar value guys available in the next week or so after the tampering and first couple days of FA, it seems most teams have been in on the "high ticket" guys already. 

Overall, yes losing Hardrick not just the player but the energy and Aura he brought is a tough loss, but good for him to cash in like he did. Again my 2 cents we have done a great job retaining guys. We could use some depth along both lines...but it's only Feb. and based off history we will be just fine...besides just like Booch has been hoping for all along this opens up a spot for Jackson to get more reps along the D-line.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 3rdand1.5 said:

Someone above mentioned his name and I agree that if the numbers don't look too bad, I could see Christmas developing into a good D-lineman. I know we seem to hate Rider cast-offs here, but he showed flashes, has some experience and shouldn't command to high of a dollar amount. 

Rider "cast-offs" have done quite well here. Recent ones being Hardrick, Jefferson, Collaros. They just can't evaluate talent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...