2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

5 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Terrible news :(

I would of thought that retired NFL players had some kind of enhanced medical coverage?  If not then they should.  

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Good on his former coach Joe Gibbs donating 10k.

7 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Joe Gibbs with a 10k donation, pure class. Iirc he only had mike for a year or two. 
 Heart breaking though and makes me wonder how it isn’t covered. He got deep into his pension with all his nfl games. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Joe Gibbs with a 10k donation, pure class. Iirc he only had mike for a year or two. 
 Heart breaking though and makes me wonder how it isn’t covered. He got deep into his pension with all his nfl games. 

On the gofundme page, his wife says she’ll be taking a leave from work and she’s hoping to raise money for living expenses. Perhaps he is covered to a certain extent but they still need to live.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I was thinking Kenny Randall....long day....lol

I’d take him too lol. 

Like this pick up a lot though. A ton of high level experience with tons of versatility. With the athleticism to play te and the physicality to play guard and start at both for bama no less. Says a lot about him not transferring to start else where and try to get reps for a better nfl look. 
 Not hard to see his fit here. Be fun to see him in camp. Also be interesting to see if he’s a project or more pro ready. 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

On the gofundme page, his wife says she’ll be taking a leave from work and she’s hoping to raise money for living expenses. Perhaps he is covered to a certain extent but they still need to live.

Yeah. Soo sad, hope they get every thing they need. 
 He’s got an incredibly bright career still as a coach too. Hope he can recover fully. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I’d take him too lol. 

Like this pick up a lot though. A ton of high level experience with tons of versatility. With the athleticism to play te and the physicality to play guard and start at both for bama no less. Says a lot about him not transferring to start else where and try to get reps for a better nfl look. 
 Not hard to see his fit here. Be fun to see him in camp. Also be interesting to see if he’s a project or more pro ready. 

Yeah. Soo sad, hope they get every thing they need. 
 He’s got an incredibly bright career still as a coach too. Hope he can recover fully. 

Love this signing....and we do have Kenneth Randall under contract for TC....Looking forward to what he has to show this yr...I think we let him go quietly before to pursue NFL opportunities

On 2024-02-21 at 2:01 PM, Brandon said:

Terrible news :(

I would of thought that retired NFL players had some kind of enhanced medical coverage?  If not then they should.  

That was the focus of the last season of the Rock's show on HBO.

On 2024-02-21 at 6:35 AM, JohnnyAbonny said:

Taman was the most bush league GM in modern CFL history.
Not all his fault mind you as the club was broke, and being run by the inept BOD. 

If not for Milt, I sincerely believe the team would have folded by 2005, and if not for Wade Miller would still be a bottom feeder now, if even in existence. 
In retrospect it’s amazing they made it through. 

Watching Calgary going through now what we went through 20 years ago.  Amazing how teams cycle through history, never seeming to learn anything from others or past mistakes.  Calgary needs a new facility, so bad.

13 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

That was the focus of the last season of the Rock's show on HBO.

Watching Calgary going through now what we went through 20 years ago.  Amazing how teams cycle through history, never seeming to learn anything from others or past mistakes.  Calgary needs a new facility, so bad.

And Dave hires Craig. Like WTH??? He's a consultant. Stamps would have been better off hiring another position coach.

On 2024-02-20 at 1:44 PM, Fatty Liver said:

This is the edited version of the same video, addressing this year's contract negotiation.

Thanks for posting.  Interesting that no team was really interested in signing him.  I guess they feel he's just too injury-prone now.  Saddened to hear (at the 9 minute mark) that he was thinking of playing in Sask but with Yoshi there I guess it would have made it somewhat tolerable.  I like the interviewer's comment "They don't like nobody there" lol....

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

So Craig Dickenson was ab abject failure as a head coach, but the guy was still a good special teams coordinator. In the right role he isn't useless.

Meanwhile, Mark Killam has been the Stamps STC for 15 years. Huff fired Craig in 2009 & replaced him with Killam. Would Dave fire Killam for his brother? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27