2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

1 minute ago, Dirty30 said:

Kind of frustrating not hearing that the Bombers are talking to any other teams free agents.  I’m sure they have had some discussions, but as a fan it would be nice to hear something.  

Why? Free agent champions almost never win anything. Over paying veteran guys looking for a big pay day rarely works out. We did our part by getting Oliveria and Schoen inked, now we rely on our scouting, and once teams like the Riders, Redblacks, and Ti Cats are done spending stupid money we can usually be on the hunt for some good players without getting into a bidding war. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Sure...however at what point they are is also very highly debateable. I will go with the coach's call on that because everyone outside of that dressing room is only talking out their ass. He saw how they were moving in practice. None of us did.

thats practice....game movement...intensity and need to be explosive is a totally different cat....and in "practice" to show how you look you don't/can't replicate that...and won't...this comes from being there and done that....and we saw in the game...3 guys did not have it.....why people keep trying to deflect and not throw blame at Osh is baffling...and as a coach of his pedigree and success should have known better, and put team first and not player loyalties..was a bad bad decision...Hopefully was also a lesson learned moving forward

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

Why? Free agent champions almost never win anything. Over paying veteran guys looking for a big pay day rarely works out. We did our part by getting Oliveria and Schoen inked, now we rely on our scouting, and once teams like the Riders, Redblacks, and Ti Cats are done spending stupid money we can usually be on the hunt for some good players without getting into a bidding war. 

overpaying and just tossing money out the door...is desperation management....and thats what Sask is fully in on right now

1 minute ago, JCon said:

There are a lot of miles on that body. 

agree...but not to be stupid here and all...but theres a 1 yr stop gap to plug beside lawson and Fox for 8 to 10 snaps a game as we develop another guy from within.....and DA him in Jackson's spot for those 6 reps, as he has yrs experience in jumbo packages with Edm and Mtl.....guy is till effective and with a part time role....and offers more use/value than a Seal does

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

There is not much about any team 

True.  I suppose I’m just getting excited about the upcoming season and curious how they’re going to fill some of these holes. As difficult it is to see some of the older guys go a transition was much needed. I guess this is phase 1.

Just now, Dirty30 said:

True.  I suppose I’m just getting excited about the upcoming season and curious how they’re going to fill some of these holes. As difficult it is to see some of the older guys go a transition was much needed. I guess this is phase 1.

def some culling of the heard here this yr, mind you some of it should have happened last yr already, but good to see, as waiting one more yr would have created a huge roster turn over at a bad time

keep in mind, FA doesn't actually open until next Tuesday. This year there just seems to be a lot more information during the "tampering" week than normal, so it maybe feels like there should be more information...... but I'm sure this time next week we'll know a lot more. 

45 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Sure...however at what point they are is also very highly debateable. I will go with the coach's call on that because everyone outside of that dressing room is only talking out their ass. He saw how they were moving in practice. None of us did.

Well then coach needs his eyes checked because those guys never should have been on the field in the Grey cup.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Oh I definitely agree. I suppose I just maybe be the minority that every off-season I am trying to picture who will be the on the game day roster and who will be filling in the vacant positions. I’ve heard a little bit of bomber news and I guess now I’m getting a bit greedy.   It’s been a long off season lol. 

Edited by Dirty30

4 hours ago, JCon said:

It feels like someone else will give him more money and try to integrate him into their passing game. Unless he's part of our receiving plans or no one else seems him as part of theirs, I just don't see him returning (no pun intended). 

I don't think anyone will use him on offense at all.  He's shown that he has very limited ability as a receiver.  He got to start a run of games here with some injuries and could do nothing.  Even McCrae was far better on offense.  He's a pure returner.  Injuries are going to be the issue with getting paid for him.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

looked him up online... he's a monster... looks built like Alan Ritchson (Reacher)........

Yeah, that’s a great description. It’s hard to tell how big he is currently. 260,267 bigger even. If he is close to or 270 he might even be the dt spot for us. Seems like one of those hard to quantify athletes. Iowa is a good place to be recruiting dl too  

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

keep in mind, FA doesn't actually open until next Tuesday. This year there just seems to be a lot more information during the "tampering" week than normal, so it maybe feels like there should be more information...... but I'm sure this time next week we'll know a lot more. 

I bet atleast 1 guy renegs on his agreement.