2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mike said:

More Bombers news:

we signed both Halletts … Nick was a pending FA and I think Noah finished the year on the PR?

Did Noah come back? I remember he had a bad injury and was injury released. 
 We are deep at kick cover safety’s that’s for sure. I wonder if we try to move exhume (if he’s back) or Kelly to Sam to back up Kramdi. 

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I’m not sure how we got to a point where Dru Brown is anywhere near as reliably good as Collaros. It is debatable whether Masoli will be ready to play a snap this year. 

Potential doesn’t out rank proven. I’ll go with our guys and hope Barriere can show something to stick around. 

OL has  :

Bryant and Richmond at Tackle

Neufeld; Eli; Dobson at Guard 

Kolankowski and Eli at Centre 

Without doing anything else that is the best starting six in the league. 

I’m good with what is taking place in those areas. 

didn’t say he did, last word masoli was coming back and well on track. That’s an incredible amount of talent ott has at qb. And more young guys with experience than you can shake a stick at. 

It isn’t though. Especially not with the lack of continuity having reps together. 

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

I wonder if the Bombers are considering going Canadian at safety.

Hope not. None of our Ss are guys who can cover that much ground and make plays in the pass game. If ford comes back that’s a great spot to flip. Other wise I’d go after an ni lber but we won’t. 

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Did Noah come back? I remember he had a bad injury and was injury released. 
 We are deep at kick cover safety’s that’s for sure. I wonder if we try to move exhume (if he’s back) or Kelly to Sam to back up Kramdi. 

didn’t say he did, last word masoli was coming back and well on track. That’s an incredible amount of talent ott has at qb. And more young guys with experience than you can shake a stick at. 

It isn’t though. Especially not with the lack of continuity having reps together. 

Hope not. None of our Ss are guys who can cover that much ground and make plays in the pass game. If ford comes back that’s a great spot to flip. Other wise I’d go after an ni lber but we won’t. 

I'd like to see Ford ..Kramdi or player X who is Canadian battle for that spot and best player get it ..not who's been here longer or who "works hard" in practice...as they should all be or they should be gone.

If Holmie is back he's your safety ..we don't need a heavy hitter there...need a guy to track and close on balls in the air.

Work with 3 online and Demski and Woli as your nationals on offense...A Canadian SAM and a Canadian rotating on the DLine... Lawson is a lock...hopefully one of Mason Bennett or Kongbo can be the other guy..

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Some of you need to realize that they are not giving Brady a blank cheque no matter what the SMS situation is. 

Exactly.  You can't give him the best money that's out there. Not when so many other have taken discounts to help the team. He's going to have to accept at the very least slightly less then whats being offered. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

every damn spot should be up for competition...and if it isn't and best player gets it, then something is seriously flawed...nothing should be given in football...it has to be earned..then maintained

It would be cool to line up the depth chart for a week in May, set up a ring at midfield and everyone fight to see who survives in helmets and shorts.

But everyone knows that isn't how it works.  There's a handful of rookies/discards fighting for how ever many spots are left, coaches monitoring their habits, fit into team and pretty much everything else is locked in.

This isn't only in this sport or this level.  Everyone is preparing to play games.  Not replacing half their roster the week before the season.  

Opportunity knocks when it does.  Guys get chances to play due to injury or poor performance, work onto roster, work into roles.  The major roster movement happens this time of year.  If it's happening in May to November the team is probably ****** from the jump.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I’m torn because I don’t really know what any of it looks like and I don’t really know what our approach is going to be short term vs long term.

I won’t lie and say I’m a huge believer in Zach at this stage of his career and I certainly don’t believe Streveler is a better pure backup than Dru, but I do have hope that Streveler will bring an element to our offense that will help Zach. It’s a lot of moving parts.

I think if it plays out how I expect it to, I’d want Zach over Dru at this point, but I’m scared that we are going to be in serious trouble at some point if Strevy hasn’t evolved as a passer.

Kinda feel the same but am confident that if we do get into trouble that Walter's will get us out. Therefore, I want ZC over Brown because he is still our best shot at winning the Grey Cup.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Richmond in for Hardrick is probably one of the easiest decisions we can make as a team. 

People are going to question the effect it may have on the locker room, but if those guys don’t rally around a guy like Richmond finally getting his shot after being on the PR for 4 years (especially with him being about as stand up of a guy as it gets) then that’s on them 

I think Strev is a big locker room add that would help offset the loss of Yoshi as well. That being said I want Yoshi back but not with any significant raise. If that means Richmond I can live with that no problem.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I'd like to see Ford ..Kramdi or player X who is Canadian battle for that spot and best player get it ..not who's been here longer or who "works hard" in practice...as they should all be or they should be gone.

If Holmie is back he's your safety ..we don't need a heavy hitter there...need a guy to track and close on balls in the air.

Work with 3 online and Demski and Woli as your nationals on offense...A Canadian SAM and a Canadian rotating on the DLine... Lawson is a lock...hopefully one of Mason Bennett or Kongbo can be the other guy..

Actually I do really like the idea of Holm at safety 

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

The alternative is 2008. Remember posts like....Oh Canada he's back?

I read that in all caps. 

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm definitely good with RedHawk at SAM and not averse to a Hallett at S... I think most of us felt like Kramdi got better and better with each snap. 

Yeah I’ll admit I thought he was awful in spot duty. 
I think he’s developed into a quality starter in the right group. 

13 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Exactly.  You can't give him the best money that's out there. Not when so many other have taken discounts to help the team. He's going to have to accept at the very least slightly less then whats being offered. 

Do you imagine that that has actually happened?

14 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Kongbo and kramdi

Get kongbo back and ford. Tons of versatility. 

Apparently naylor says Brady wanted 300k. And came down to 250. 
 If it’s true, which isn’t far off the numbers every one was thinking he’d ask, It makes sense why a deal isn’t done. If no one else grabs him at 250 in the first week I actually like our chances of getting a reasonable 200k ish with incentives included. 
I can see some one giving him 250k possibly though. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Get kongbo back and ford. Tons of versatility. 

Apparently naylor says Brady wanted 300k. And came down to 250. 
 If it’s true, which isn’t far off the numbers every one was thinking he’d ask, It makes sense why a deal isn’t done. If no one else grabs him at 250 in the first week I actually like our chances of getting a reasonable 200k ish with incentives included. 
I can see some one giving him 250k possibly though. 

We get Kongbo or Bennet...along with Ford as that NFL pipe dream has sailed we have nice defensive versatility and no need for the RB position to be Canadian....I never heard the 300k number...Ihad heard the 250k was his line in the sand...Can't see it happening....But some team may be stupid enough.

I dont want him here for anything more than 180k Maxed out....I'd throw the 250k at Schoen, with a 3 yr deal and big increase yr 3 with guaranteed cash, and let BO's Agent know we have 180k for him.....if and when he ready to sign...If not Oullette welcome aboard, or we go fresh faced import for less than half that 180 and throw the balance at a defensive stud in FA

Edited by Booch

33 minutes ago, bluto said:

Do you imagine that that has actually happened?

A handful of guys league wide have renegotiated deals to get more upfront money and less salary as if some how reduces their taxes. Even in those moves it doesn’t seem like big cap savings. Maybe 1/3rd of a base rookie contract. 
  I don’t think any one, other than strev, has taken an extremely team friendly deal. Strev as much has bet on him self in this contract as well. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

A handful of guys league wide have renegotiated deals to get more upfront money and less salary as if some how reduces their taxes. Even in those moves it doesn’t seem like big cap savings. Maybe 1/3rd of a base rookie contract. 
  I don’t think any one, other than strev, has taken an extremely team friendly deal. Strev as much has bet on him self in this contract as well. 

Strev was only gonna sign here basically unless someone blew their wad on him....He helped the team out now, for compensation later...He's as solid a FIFO guy there is, and he will get his here....

1 minute ago, Booch said:

We get Kongbo or Bennet...along with Ford as that NFL pipe dream has sailed we have nice defensive versatility and no need for the RB position to be Canadian....I never heard the 300k number...Ihad heard the 250k was his line in the sand...Can't see it happening....But some team may be stupid enough.

I dont want him here for anything more than 180k Maxed out....I'd throw the 250k at Schoen, with a 3 yr deal and big increase yr 3 with guaranteed cash, and let BO's Agent know we have 180k for him.....if and when he ready to sign...If not Oullette welcome aboard, or we go fresh faced import for more than half that 180 and throw the balance at a defensive stud in FA

Yeah I heard it was tweeted I think by naylor so extreme grain of salt. Though it does make sense. 

how crazy would it be if bo went to to and oullette came here? Also does make sense  though  tbh if we go away from Brady, I’d rather bring in a crop of cheap rookies and a cheap incentive laden flyer on a vet like Carey  

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Strev was only gonna sign here basically unless someone blew their wad on him....He helped the team out now, for compensation later...He's as solid a FIFO guy there is, and he will get his here....

I love that deal for him and for us. That’s a win win. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Yeah I heard it was tweeted I think by naylor so extreme grain of salt. Though it does make sense. 

how crazy would it be if bo went to to and oullette came here? Also does make sense  though  tbh if we go away from Brady, I’d rather bring in a crop of cheap rookies and a cheap incentive laden flyer on a vet like Carey  

I'd be game for that..Carey would rip it up here....I yr deal while the rookie gets his feet wet