2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

Just now, GCn20 said:

Yea...Dunk doesn't put his name on any rumor unless it's pretty legit sourced. He gives the dubious rumors to Hodge to report.

Stronson saying Buck was never offered the job and that Dunk, Blair, etc were all wrong because apparently he sits in on Rider meetings or something. lmao

that guy is the biggest clown on there...and a majority just cling to his every word...or if in doubt ask what he thinks...hahahaha.....blind leading the blind....in a dumb vaccum

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Booch said:

that guy is the biggest clown on there...and a majority just cling to his every word...or if in doubt ask what he thinks...hahahaha.....blind leading the blind....in a dumb vaccum

He posts predictions and makes definitive statements saying he is an insider, then when they are proven to be false he deletes them and bans anyone who dares to bring it up.

8 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Holly crap, Ballsy is having it out with Naylor. He's not making friends within CFL cirlces.

The bigger issue here is it exemplifies once again the current climate we find ourselves in. Back in the day this kind of behaviour was quickly, immediately and swiftly condoned and put back under the rock where it belonged.

Nowadays, posturing and blithering absurdness is a strategy to get likes and grift money off/build a coalition of people who share similar approaches of what presenting other viewpoints looks like.  

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The bigger issue here is it exemplifies once again the current climate we find ourselves in. Back in the day this kind of behaviour was quickly, immediately and swiftly condoned and put back under the rock where it belonged.

Nowadays, posturing and blithering absurdness is a strategy to get likes and grift money off/build a coalition of people who share similar approaches of what presenting other viewpoints looks like.  

I don't think Michael Ball has any constituency to pander towards, even Rider fans think he is a grade A tool....and that's a tough thing to pull off.

Today is a pretty awesome day to be a Bomber fan. Buck tells them he'd rather be a coordinator in Winnipeg than a HC in Regina. Life doesn't get any better than that. I mean how bad of a sink hole does a team need to be when a guy won't take a promotion and a 200k salary bump to go there. Two words...TIRE FIRE.

Edited by GCn20

Dumpster fire...tire fire...it all fits....The fan base there has to be the most delusional, uninformed and sheep like in the league...Even when presented with facts about the Buck rejection of their position , they try to twist into a message that disparages Buck.....I hope Corey Mace has really thought  about his future there......After hearing he was second best ,the welcoming he expected just had cold water thrown all over it

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Dumpster fire...tire fire...it all fits....The fan base there has to be the most delusional, uninformed and sheep like in the league...Even when presented with facts about the Buck rejection of their position , they try to twist into a message that disparages Buck.....I hope Corey Mace has really thought  about his future there......After hearing he was second best ,the welcoming he expected just had cold water thrown all over it

Nope. Mace was top choice. Buck was never under consideration and only withdrew after Mace was negotiating a contract. 

Signed.

Rider Stronson

(Delusional seems to fit alright.)

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

it is EXACTLY what we knew happened.........haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! I ******* love this so much. Once again, the Riders were left with their pants down and had to double back and beg forgiveness on the guy they told "no thanks..." Incredible. I ******* LOVE Coach Buck so much... it's a bucket list item for me to get out ice fishing with him on LW one day. He's a diehard...

Riders keep their pants down in the hopes of getting lucky. 

14 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I would love to see the Bombers draft Ball's kid out of spite so he has a rooting interest in their success.

Good god no....I would not want Ball to have any connection to our team in any way shape of form. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Riders keep their pants down in the hopes of getting lucky. 

They are like the ugly chick at closing time puckering their lips and then bragging about the drunk they snagged the night before.

Edited by GCn20

Just read that whole thread over there...amusing to say the least...not sure what the combined IQ is...but not very high....And one does not withdraw their name from a position they were not going to get...thats more laughable than anything....and they sure hoping that all the Argo's are gonna leave to follow Mace....which wont happen....Why would they with no guarantee to even be a playoff team, where right now...are a shoe in likely for first again, and live in a city with paved roads....dentists and doctors.....internet thats not dial up....and no sister brother luvin

47 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Clearly a bunch of players will want to leave Toronto to play in Regina. I mean while play in a world class, cosmopolition city when you can play in an isolated dump in the middle of nowhere.

But the Riders have the nicest dressing room in the league and a barber shop. Why would a player want to go anywhere else?

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I think this is normal early on in a hcs career. I think buck and maybe hall were both guys wade/walters wanted. 
 It makes sense from the gm/president/board perspective as well to want to have an ast coach that is a candidate to step in if the hc fails. 
 If Edmonton had that with Chris jones, they may well have already fired him. But as is they are cap crunched with no one on staff who can take over for him. A guy like that likes to keep every one around him, below him. 
 Imo at the same time, mos is not that guy. He doesn’t consider him self the smartest guy in the room or need to feel that way. I don’t think mos has ever felt threatened by working with plop, Wylie, hall or any one else. 

I remember an interview OSH gave with the media after LaPolice was re-hired in 2016. It was noted that he had two former head coaches on his staff now, and didn’t that cause him some concern for his job (especially after the bad 2015 season and more than a few fans calling for his head) that there were two ready replacements to step in easily and take over, as opposed to hiring underlings at co-ordinator who weren’t a threat to his job security? His comment essentially was that it was the opposite - he wanted the best minds possible and the most experience possible, and the best thing for his job security was to surround himself with the smartest and most competent people around to help him so that the team could be the best it could be, rather than sabotage the team success by hiring lesser people out of some misguided need to protect himself. THAT, he said, was the quickest way to find himself in the unemployment line. He wanted the best collection of ideas working with him and challenging him to being the best product out on the field, and it would be silly to be intimidated by it and try to silence that input and ignore that creativity in the hopes that it would give him a safety net for his job. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever