Which Vets do we cut next season

Brandon

18 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm always amazed at the hate people have for Fajardo. He did kill us. That last drive drove a spike through all of our hearts. 

What galls me the most about that loss was that a retread, mediocre  quarterback who spread failure everywhere he went did it to us. Had it been Adams, I would have been much more at peace. And I do not hate Fajardo- I hate that he was allowed to win.

Just now, Tracker said:

What galls me the most about that loss was that a retread, mediocre  quarterback who spread failure everywhere he went did it to us. Had it been Adams, I would have been much more at peace. And I do not hate Fajardo- I hate that he was allowed to win.

That's on our DC for playing the defense he does. And on our HC for his roster decisions. No one will be held accountable, though. I'd really like to see Ritchie ride off into the sunset & promote Jordan Younger to DC. 

23 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Fajardo sure played well thaat one day. This may & I say with a bit of trepidation as I know some will laugh in disbelief that it may be a turning point in his career. Maybe he finally gets the inner confidence & takes the next step up. Or he doesn't. Time will tell. 

See confidence was never fajardos problem. An excess of confidence was. He believed the smoke the rider media blew up his ass. That's why he was such a whiny ***** about struggling. He legit thinks he's a star qb. He's never going to be a smart qb and he's never going to have an arm that scares anyone. 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

See confidence was never fajardos problem. An excess of confidence was. He believed the smoke the rider media blew up his ass. That's why he was such a whiny ***** about struggling. He legit thinks he's a star qb. He's never going to be a smart qb and he's never going to have an arm that scares anyone. 

Interesting as I saw it differently. I saw a guy who played well when things were going well & a guy who could quickly lose his confidence when things went bad. If he plays smart then it doesn't matter if he has a strong arm or not. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's on our DC for playing the defense he does. And on our HC for his roster decisions. No one will be held accountable, though. I'd really like to see Ritchie ride off into the sunset & promote Jordan Younger to DC. 

Don't always agree with you ,but here I do 100 percent. And ,like I said before Osh can follow them............

Fajardo sure played well thaat one day. This may & I say with a bit of trepidation as I know some will laugh in disbelief that it may be a turning point in his career. Maybe he finally gets the inner confidence & takes the next step up. Or he doesn't. Time will tell. 

Wasn't just that game, he played decently in a few games down the stretch, threw some nice passes too.  Given a good game plan and some decent weapons, Fajardo can be reasonably effective.

Faj is worse than useless. Career 3rd stringer cosplaying a starter. The fact that he accomplished what he did on November 19th is an embarrassment on the Bombers organization forever. We will never live this down. It's like the Losers 13th Man debacle for us ....

The guy is a pro qb. Fajardo beat us. Get used to it. He also gets paid to win. Some of us here sound like whiners. 

Not whiners. He won sure, and the Bombers defense should feel great Shane for that. Faj still sucks though. Dumb qb with a shitty arm. Give him broken plays or one read and he can do some things but the second you make it hard he fails. Ritchie Hall really let the team down in the Grey Cup. Blitzing isn't how you beat him, if you simply make him hold the ball past his first read he will find some defender to run into.

3 hours ago, Captain Blue said:

I feel like many here just too heavily discounted Montreal's passing offense. Even with Fajardo they have tons of useful receivers and use them to their strengths. Mack, Philpot and Snead are really good. 

Also Kaion Julien-Grant one of the best Natl. receivers in the league, who spent most of last season on the 6 game.

18 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Interesting as I saw it differently. I saw a guy who played well when things were going well & a guy who could quickly lose his confidence when things went bad. If he plays smart then it doesn't matter if he has a strong arm or not. 

I agree. He's like Glenn. Rattle him early and he's done.

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Faj managed exactly 6 points....... on 2 FGs...... during the regular season, against us. Faj is not good..... Faj is not copmetent. That game is a permanent blight on the Bombers organization. 

No. It's a team game. CF didn't beat us. Mtl's team did. CF contributed for sure but wasn't the primary reason. Yes CF is a professional football QB but he grades out as average at best supported by stats. That's not whining.

4 hours ago, Stickem said:

I will always view the last Cup game as a 'we beat ourselves' with poor decisions,and roster wise and 'not up to par' play calling loss...IF we had played up to our potential we would have notched our 13th Cup win....and Faj would still be the same qb. we all know he is

And if the Bombers had ended up winning, he would have still played a decent game. The guy passed for almost 300 yards. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Faj managed exactly 6 points....... on 2 FGs...... during the regular season, against us. Faj is not good..... Faj is not copmetent. That game is a permanent blight on the Bombers organization. 

Remember when people crapped on guys like MBT because they piled yards and fancy stats during non important games and garbage time.  

Why doesn't that same logic apply to our team?

People are calling for Zach to be cut despite him having fantastic stats during the regular season.  It's more important how you play when it matters. 

47 minutes ago, Brandon said:

People are calling for Zach to be cut despite him having fantastic stats during the regular season.  It's more important how you play when it matters. 

It mattered in the east final too and faj was ****. Just because Ritchie Hall fell and hit his head while preparing the game plan doesn't change a damn thing about fajardo as a quarterback. 

17 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Not whiners. He won sure, and the Bombers defense should feel great Shane for that. Faj still sucks though. Dumb qb with a shitty arm. Give him broken plays or one read and he can do some things but the second you make it hard he fails. Ritchie Hall really let the team down in the Grey Cup. Blitzing isn't how you beat him, if you simply make him hold the ball past his first read he will find some defender to run into.

Ritchie needs to go.