Which Vets do we cut next season

Brandon

10 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Might be worth going after Ante Milanovic-Litre, real FB who can run, block and catch.

I wouldn’t mind it, I’ve always liked his game. Though he’d probably run us 100k. If we could draft a guy like him for half I’d be thrilled. If we can’t and sign a guy like him I’d be happy.  Well worth saving a roster spot. Especially a di. 

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I wouldn’t mind it, I’ve always liked his game. Though he’d probably run us 100k. If we could draft a guy like him for half I’d be thrilled. If we can’t and sign a guy like him I’d be happy.  Well worth saving a roster spot. Especially a di. 

Ya but is he a navy seal?  Does he have GRIT and character??

4 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I don't know about lemmings off a cliff. More like a bunch of lemons in a car heading slowly towards a cliff for 6 months, all of us screaming at the driver to adjust course, but the driver smugly going straight off the cliff anyways because he knows best.

The driver is Osh.

We are the lemmings.

This analogy sucks.

you nailed the smug part 100 percent....and are not far off with the analogy

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Might be worth going after Ante Milanovic-Litre, real FB who can run, block and catch.

I would even go after Awachie out of Sask.....he good on teams as well, and he has the right passport and would be cheaper

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

he was in cub scouts and that should count....lol

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Me too...just kind of funny that our draft pick in 2022 ended up catching the winning TD.

we probably would not have drafted him anyway....we rarely take skilled position guys early...we would have prob grabbed some sand bagger who's special teams tape gave Osh a big ol Boner...and that would be that

On 2023-11-19 at 10:29 PM, Mike said:

No, but did I watch a crippled Bighill get torched on a touchdown tonight? Yes. Did I watch our pass rush get gassed by the time it came down to crunch time? Yes. Did I see us dress multiple players that didn’t take a single rep? Yes.

Now tell me - why am I watching all of that? And could fixing any of it have possibly helped us cover up our offensive woes?

I just finished reading a rather scorching piece from Paul Friesen about dressing Biggie and Schoen. And how that loyalty hurt us. I'm interested to see how many guys depart. I'm expecting Thomas to retire, and perhaps Bryant as well.  What I would really like to see is Dobson and Eli full time on the line. Kolo had 1 bad play I recall. And I'm doing whatever I need to do to bring back Schoen, Bailey, Demski and Holm. And I'm calling Brinks to see what they have on hand for Brady because we're gonna be paying him some big money.

10 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Our mantra is going to be awkward for next season. Maybe something like:

This year we mean it, we are going to reclaim the throne. And if we don't, at least we aren't the Argo's.

Or something like that.

I am going to let my lawn sign freeze into the ground so it get slowly buried all winter.

26 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

This year we mean it, we are going to reclaim the throne. And if we don't, at least we aren't the Argo's.

Or something like that.

like we definitely really ...really mean it this time.....no foolin' around we're really serious ...Sounds about right.....I think we're going to be 'whistling past the graveyard' in 24' and hope like hell we can put together a respectable team after the house cleaning

41 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Or something like that.

I hated the reclaim the throne theme, reminded me too much of unfinished business! 

36 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I hated the reclaim the throne theme, reminded me too much of unfinished business! 

I was thinking about that last night... in the moment, I was in on the theme, because everyone agreed that last year was a fluke and no chance that's happening again. Well, guess what? Now, I don't want to see any more bullshit about how anything belongs to us or it's our right or blah blah blah. Over the history of this franchise, we choke in the big game. That's our MO... it's who we are. Most appearances in the big game ever, and most losses. So no more of this "where the cup belongs" bullshit.... it never has. 

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

BRB going to steal some valour for ni FBs. 

44 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Truth. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Or something like that.

Mantra next season is gonna be, building for 25. Then building for the future. Then rebuilding again. Jk, least I hope it doesn’t end up that way. 

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was thinking about that last night... in the moment, I was in on the theme, because everyone agreed that last year was a fluke and no chance that's happening again. Well, guess what? Now, I don't want to see any more bullshit about how anything belongs to us or it's our right or blah blah blah. Over the history of this franchise, we choke in the big game. That's our MO... it's who we are. Most appearances in the big game ever, and most losses. So no more of this "where the cup belongs" bullshit.... it never has. 

First off... quite emotional still two days later... I know I'm as passionate a Bomber fan as there is... and I'm settled down by now... other than the haunting nightmares of a 3rd and 5 lame duck pass that should've been knocked down... but I digress....

Anyways... yeah the 12-18 record isn't ideal, especially considering we could easily be 14-16... and that's not even considering 2007 (no Glenn), 2001 and 1993 (no Dunnigan)... but, it could always be worse...

Bombers: 12-18 = .400 win percentage
Hamilton: 8-14 = .363 win percentage
Ottawa: 1-2 (yeah I know, small sample size) = .333 win percentage

and the cream of the crap... Sask: 4-15 = .211 win percentage 😁

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

First off... quite emotional still two days later... I know I'm as passionate a Bomber fan as there is... and I'm settled down by now... other than the haunting nightmares of a 3rd and 5 lame duck pass that should've been knocked down... but I digress....

Anyways... yeah the 12-18 record isn't ideal, especially considering we could easily be 14-16... and that's not even considering 2007 (no Glenn), 2001 and 1993 (no Dunnigan)... but, it could always be worse...

Bombers: 12-18 = .400 win percentage
Hamilton: 8-14 = .363 win percentage
Ottawa: 1-2 (yeah I know, small sample size) = .333 win percentage

and the cream of the crap... Sask: 4-15 = .211 win percentage 😁

I'm no math whiz but the websites I visit say the Bombers have been to 26 GC's and won 12 of them.  You've got them going to 4 more GC's then I remember reading about or seeing.

In my lifetime I've seen the Bombers go to 12 GC's, and win five of them.  That's not great.

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The problem is if we had "reclaimed the Throne" we look like King Viserys from House of Dragons....time to get a lot younger, very soon.

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I'm no math whiz but the websites I visit say the Bombers have been to 26 GC's and won 12 of them.  You've got them going to 4 more GC's then I remember reading about or seeing.

In my lifetime I've seen the Bombers go to 12 GC's, and win five of them.  That's not great.

5 of 12 is only one away from a coin flip, which, to be honest, the Grey Cup kind of is. You have two teams that got there after either being the best all year or getting hot at the right time. You have injuries, hype, emotions, weather, usually a neutral site/crowd, and the any given Sunday aspect. I honestly think 50% is about as good as you can hope for.

I think the only thing that might tilt it one way or the other is if one team plays at home.

17 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

This was my source... is this incorrect?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Cup#Champions

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I hope the Bombers scrub their website clean of those smarmy bullshit videos with the soul stirring music and burn them in hell.  If Ed Tait ever approves of **** like that again, I'm going to hunt him down like a Newfie in wild pursuit of a Harp seal!!!

57 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'd rather be successful in getting to the Big Game and choke than choking throughout the season to not even get there. 

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

This was my source... is this incorrect?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Cup#Champions

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have made the most appearances (26), while the Toronto Argonauts have won the most championships (18) and have the best record in the Grey Cup composite standings (18-6). Despite the CFL's brief U.S. expansion era in the mid-1990s, the Grey Cup has never been played outside of Canada. The Baltimore Stallions were the only American team to appear in the Grey Cup (twice, losing in 1994 and winning the following year).

List of Grey Cup champions - Wikipedia

It's Wikipedia, who knows.  I just don't think the Bombers have been in 30 Grey Cups, but I'll happily retract that statement if I'm wrong.