Call it what you want … you need to move on from Collaros

Mike

9 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Removed a couple of posts. Please - let's dial back the hyperbole about players. 

I bet moderating Politics threads is a walk in the park compared to moderating... well every thread post Grey Cup loss.

😆

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

Just now, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I bet moderating Politics threads is a walk in the park compared to moderating... well every thread post Grey Cup loss.

A GC loss has far fewer personal attacks.

I will say this - it wouldn't hurt to realize that we are eating crow about Fajardo right now

Perhaps that should inspire a little more moderation, when it comes to commenting.

7 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

A GC loss has far fewer personal attacks.

I will say this - it wouldn't hurt to realize that we are eating crow about Fajardo right now

Perhaps that should inspire a little more moderation, when it comes to commenting.

no-noooo.gif

Sorry sport, I can't do that. I am happy for all the Als and that org-

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS45EL-dhMtC9y3mHeGugr

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Booch said:

yup a chip or a 50 block then move to next level is his only asset....anything else he gets over powered or just doesn't have the combo of size and power to handle any stunts or speed rushes and move it away....was a weak spot all yr despite all this praise...

Maybe he should be the Fullback then. 

Tui Eli isn't going anywhere, he is under contract through 2025, he's plainly been the heir apparent since the day he was signed. Kola's contract is expiring. It seems obvious to me Eli is getting the job at C barring any unforeseen extensions or FA signings. It's been the plan for a while it seems to me

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Despise the Als and that organization and Faj did nothing yesterday that makes me think any more of him. He is exactly who we knew he was.... and we crapped our pants on the biggest stage, for the second year in a row. That's on us, not him. 

C'mon Noeller, Fajardo threw for 290 yards & 2 touchdowns & made some great throws. He didn't throw a lot of picks & was a very good game manager. If he had played for anyone other than the Riders, fans would be happy for him. It's time fans here gave the guy credit where credit is due. He reminded me of Sean Salisbury when we won the GC in 1988 coming out of nowhere at 9-9 as the third seed in the East. Salisbury knew his limitaions & played within them game managing the Bomber offense letting others make the big play. He beat Hamilton in Hamilton, then the Argos in Toronto at Exhibition Stadium & a BC Lions team in the GC in Ottawa led by Matt Dunigan. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Tui Eli isn't going anywhere, he is under contract through 2025, he's plainly been the heir apparent since the day he was signed. Kola's contract is expiring. It seems obvious to me Eli is getting the job at C barring any unforeseen extensions or FA signings. It's been the plan for a while it seems to me

And he shouldn’t be. Eli is a quality player 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Agree but to say Fajardo is still a sack of **** is ridiculous. He isn't. 

I’m eating a ton of crow, but no he is not a bad QB. Still a goof, but he played well. Credit. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yeah....most dont know what they looking at, or what the responsibilities are for most part....and if you know a basic blocking scheme it's easy to spot the whoopsies where a guy messes up, but makes it seems someone else screwed up

Eli just moves guys....plain and simple and is in shape similar to when at Hawaii...He has to be at centre next year.....Dobson as well....just needs to be put in a spot and allowed to grow into it....like you said....withing 3 games he would be totally where he needs to be.

You have talented interior talent...that's young and coming into their prime....You don't let them walk.

The size and power gain to the inside with those two is insane. Brady will be averaging 13 yards per carry lol. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Our secondary used to come flying down on everything and lay out big hits, right up until the beginning of last year. 
BA’s been playing much softer since his injury and they don’t really have any big hitters to make up for it. 
Parker can do it when he’s  coached to. So can Nichols.  The rest, I’m not sure either way. 

It all starts on the DL. We were big & physical. The Bombers defensively are a shell of themselves today. We gave up 184 points in 14 games in 2021. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It all starts on the DL. We were big & physical. The Bombers defensively are a shell of themselves today. We gave up 184 points in 14 games in 2021. 

For me the DL issue is the interior. Since Stove left, they don’t push the pocket at all from the middle. Either the ends collapse it or the QB gets all day. 

Furthermore, without Willie and all his knockdowns I’d bet the D would be dead last in yards allowed. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

For me. The DL issue is the interior. Since Stove left, they don’t push the pocket at all from the middle. Either the ends collapse it or the QB gets all day, 

We've brought no one in. NO ONE in 2 years. There have been free agents we could have signed but didn't. LIke WTF??? Once he left, we became soft again like we were in 2016. Our D is no better than what we had under Ritchie Hall 5 or 6 years ago. 

26 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

So if that's the case why the **** wasn't he already starting?

19 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Agree but to say Fajardo is still a sack of **** is ridiculous. He isn't. 

But he still is,  for unexplained reasons Hall didn't challenge him at all. Fajardo is a one read and throw or tuck and run qb. Why did Hall do his one read defense? Played into the hands of a limited qb.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I can only speculate. Maybe Eli couldn't read a defense in film as consistently as Kola? Maye O'Shea has multiple love affairs? He's a busy guy not sure how he makes the time. Honestly, I don't know?

Is it easier to believe O'Shea has a love affair with numerous men on his roster or that Kola has some redeeming qualities beyond his wicked beard and hair? Eli looks promising. Whether anyone agrees with me that Kola played better than reported here is beside the point, we surely at least agree Eli is the future, until proven otherwise

44 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

C'mon Noeller, Fajardo threw for 290 yards & 2 touchdowns & made some great throws. He didn't throw a lot of picks & was a very good game manager. If he had played for anyone other than the Riders, fans would be happy for him. It's time fans here gave the guy credit where credit is due. He reminded me of Sean Salisbury when we won the GC in 1988 coming out of nowhere at 9-9 as the third seed in the East. Salisbury knew his limitaions & played within them game managing the Bomber offense letting others make the big play. He beat Hamilton in Hamilton, then the Argos in Toronto at Exhibition Stadium & a BC Lions team in the GC in Ottawa led by Matt Dunigan. 

I will eat crow. Guy played a great game and got it done in the clutch.

32 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But he still is,  for unexplained reasons Hall didn't challenge him at all. Fajardo is a one read and throw or tuck and run qb. Why did Hall do his one read defense? Played into the hands of a limited qb.

Your guess is as good as mine. 
There’s a quite a few stupid reasons for it, and very few good ones. 

I don’t know that I’ve seen an OL get consistently knocked on his can as much as Kolo. Idgaf what John Hodge says. The guy’s sub-par and we all know it. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Rose when he got back in lineup was more than fine....and didn't whiff on tackles over and over

Brady's yards were not a result of Kolo...he's an undersized guy who was on the street for 2 yrs that nobody wanted...and was basically a emergency sign...Eli was a top 3 ranked centre in the NCAA and was likely to be a 4th..5th round pick in NFL draft

And what newer guys?...we never replaced any, and let any potential talent walk in TC...or the ones we kept let sit on PR all yr and not play

walby wrong then ?  ok.

new defensive backs..... I am referring to the  last three or so years.  at least three left the team.  alford, jones, guy that went to the lions.

and I'm out.

Edited by Mark F

8 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Taken from another site. Are these accurate?

Collaros playoffs as a Bomber -
9 starts 6 tds 8 ints 1854 yards(206 yards per game) 144/209 (68.89%, 8.87 ypa)

Yup. And further - since the covid season in 6 playoff games ZC has just 4 TDs and 8 INTs.

1:2 TD:INT. Unacceptable for a rookie, never mind the highest paid player in the league.   

Fajardo is a 3rd stringer cosplaying a starter and nothing more. He scored 2 FGs against us in two whole games during the regular season! He didn't just all of a sudden figure it out. He's a career back up who fell ass backwards into being the only guy healthy enough to start when he was 29 years old. He is not all of a sudden a quality QB. He's the same useless *** that he's always been, we just made him look like more than that yesterday because we were ******* embarrassingly awful at times.

Edited by Noeller