Call it what you want … you need to move on from Collaros

Mike

8 minutes ago, Jesse said:

That's a hindsight call. Lawler was open and the defensive play was spectacular.

You don't throw short when got open guy in the endzone. But the D is paid to make plays too. 

On both those plays the receivers waited and didn't high point it.  Wolitarsky didn't adjust to the ball at all just kept getting depth even as the DB stepped in front.  Lawler adjusted but mistimed the leap.

I had no issue with either of those throws.  Put it out there for receivers to make plays.  They didn't.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If Fajardo played for us tonight,  we our cup Champs. Let that one sink in 

Noel Thorp's defense would have ripped his face off.  It would have been a much more lopsided victory for the Als if we had Cofaj starting. The fact he won say more about our defense and defensive scheme than it does about his play.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I just don't understand how Ritchie Hall came in with such a piss poor offensive game plan. He knows what Fajardo can and can't do. 

This is what drives me the most insane about tonight. He called a perfect game a week ago.

He knows what he's doing. He knows Fajardo sucks. I can't understand what was going through his mind tonight. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I just don't understand how Ritchie Hall came in with such a piss poor offensive game plan. He knows what Fajardo can and can't do. 

It’s honestly like how they’ve played the first half against most of these type of QBs but there was no adjustment.

And just running a blitz into max protect when they show you 2nd down after each that’s what they will do just turns the advantage over to the O.

21 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It’s honestly like how they’ve played the first half against most of these type of QBs but there was no adjustment.

And just running a blitz into max protect when they show you 2nd down after each that’s what they will do just turns the advantage over to the O.

And it's not like Osh is going to tell him to change things. 

21 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I think he did.  The D just didn't execute the plan. 

The Als made halftime adjustments we didn't.

I said at the half whoever adjusts better over halftime will win. The Als seemed to have something figured out offensively, and continued to exploit it. The Bombers didn’t adjust well enough.

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

Just here to say the sun will rise today, boys. Don't dwell on it too much, there are more important things in life than football.

I hear you, but save the platitudes right now man. We’re all going to hear this all day today. 
We all know there are more important things in life.  

Most, if not all on here, are lifelong fans of this game. We love the Bombers because our fathers, mothers, grandparents, whoever. We love the game because someone we cherish loved the game before us. 

For better and worse, we love the game and the team more than the average fan, and everyone on here gets why. We spent nearly 30 years dreaming of something, and are now having it agonizingly ripped away in slow motion. Sometimes even by the very people who were meant to deliver it. 

We were collectively slapped in the face last night in so many ways. 

I (and possibly others on here too) am also personally dealing with the slow realization that a single television network is completely ruining the game I love. 

This place right now is for us to vent and hurt with others who truly get it. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

7 hours ago, Jesse said:

Sure - but the post I responded to also advocated for the removal of the whole coaching staff.

People are getting idiotic tonight. 

we’ve seen full staff wipes or close to it on contenders in the past who couldn’t get over the hump. Not just in the cfl either. Nba coach of the year then fired, nfl teams etc. 

it is over the top of fire all of them. Most of the asts are good. Mos is a double edged sword and unlikely to go in any event. After tonight and two gcs like this in a row it is legitimate to talk about mos, hall and bucks job saftey imo.  Of those 3 buck should be the safest. He didn’t do too bad considering Zach again just didn’t deliver. 

6 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I was losing my mind on the final td pass when I saw them show full blitz again. Normally hall wakes up at half and knocks the stupid stuff off. This time he gave us one of the worst clutch moment calls on D since edm went cover 0 and gave up a game winning 100 yard td to milt. 

9 starts 6 tds 8 ints 1854 yards(206 yards per game) 144/209 (68.89%, 8.87 ypa) in a full season of his play off games he’d be on track for 12 tds 16 picks 3707 yards. 

11/21 193 1 td

17/25 267 1 td

17/23 170

17/21 229 1td 3 ints

21/32 240 2tds 2 ints

14/20 178 1td 1int

14/23 183      1int

14/21 158

19/23 236.    1int

8 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

On both those plays the receivers waited and didn't high point it.  Wolitarsky didn't adjust to the ball at all just kept getting depth even as the DB stepped in front.  Lawler adjusted but mistimed the leap.

I had no issue with either of those throws.  Put it out there for receivers to make plays.  They didn't.

It didn’t look like Lawler and Collaros were on the same page on that play. A throw further to the corner of the end zone would have been a TD 100%. The play looked especially bad since Demski was so wide open for an easy pitch-and-catch on the same side of the field.

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I hear you, but save the platitudes right now man. We’re all going to hear this all day today. 
We all know there are more important things in life.  

Most, if not all on here, are lifelong fans of this game. We love the Bombers because our fathers, mothers, grandparents, whoever. We love the game because someone we cherish loved the game before us. 

For better and worse, we love the game and the team more than the average fan, and everyone on here gets why. We spent nearly 30 years dreaming of something, and are now having it agonizingly ripped away in slow motion. Sometimes even by the very people who were meant to deliver it. 

We were collectively slapped in the face last night in so many ways. 

I (and possibly others on here too) am also personally dealing with the slow realization that a single television network is completely ruining the game I love. 

This place right now is for us to vent and hurt with others who truly get it. 

This sums it up for me and likely many here. Great post.

8 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I have no issues with the throws themselves either. The play call...well...I may have run the ball.

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I have no issues with the throws themselves either. The play call...well...I may have run the ball.

They were stuffing Brady on a good number of his runs. That's a really good front 7 over there.  In those weather conditions, it did make sense pass the ball.  IMO, ZC has struggled due to the additional hits he's been taking - he got at least one good smack last night. 

As pissed as I am at Zach, make a play "dark side". Two years in a row you can't stop an inferior offense from taking the game from you. The Crum-back game was a warning sign, and the Dolegala labour day game was the clincher. In a close game, this defense can't be counted on anymore to get it done.

And the comments from Biggie and Schoen show both of them were as surprised they were playing as we were, so Oshea needs to explain to the rest of his roster and an entire city why those two guys feelings are more important.

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

As pissed as I am at Zach, make a play "dark side". Two years in a row you can't stop an inferior offense from taking the game from you. The Crum-back game was a warning sign, and the Dolegala labour day game was the clincher. In a close game, this defense can't be counted on anymore to get it done.

And the comments from Biggie and Schoen show both of them were as surprised they were playing as we were, so Oshea needs to explain to the rest of his roster and an entire city why those two guys feelings are more important.

I wasn't aware of their comments. Can you elaborate?