Grey Cup - Game Week Thread

Mark H.

14 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

They couldn't stop Brady in either game in the regular season. Ouellete was at about 5 yards per carry on Saturday.

Two of his top 4 rushing performances this season came against Montreal. Could be another long day of Bully-Ball for the Alouettes......

7 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Two of his top 4 rushing performances this season came against Montreal. Could be another long day of Bully-Ball for the Alouettes......

I was really disappointed in the OL after the 1st Q but hopefully they can play 4 quarters of Bully Ball vs Montreal.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was really disappointed in the OL after the 1st Q but hopefully they can play 4 quarters of Bully Ball vs Montreal.

Yeah the Lions did a good job of loading the box in the 2nd half. Zach needs to make Montreal pay if they do the same.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

36 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

BC stacked the box heavy. 

Ya in house I was really grumpy about it but when we eventually got back to the house and watched the PVR it made more sense. I'm just so used to our OL imposing their will on the final drive to kill the clock, and was really chapped when we couldn't but the Lions really loaded up to take it away, and physically there's only so much you can do.

Just now, Noeller said:

Ya in house I was really grumpy about it but when we eventually got back to the house and watched the PVR it made more sense. I'm just so used to our OL imposing their will on the final drive to kill the clock, and was really chapped when we couldn't but the Lions really loaded up to take it away, and physically there's only so much you can do.

yeah BC took it away....and we had a hampered receiving group so we did bare minimum as to not inflict more injuries...and why run BO into a huge mass of bodies and risk him hurt for Grey Cup....I think we knew our defence had it in the bag...so we played it safe and put it in their hands...thats what I saw

3 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Hopefully he’s good to go, those non-contact injuries are extremely tough to see. I wouldn’t be surprised if Keon Hatcher tore his Achilles.

Htacher did...Same with Lee....Biggie is a knee issue....After watching after....and from experience it could have been a miniscus tear even...which will cause utter pain initially...locking up of knee....He was able to walk on it...although gingerly, and stiff legged...But I have seen that before....I sure we won't know what it is till Monday or Tuesday next week

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I cant fathom a scenario where he plays. That looked like a pretty significant knee injury ala MCL/ACL/PCL.

you can play with a MCL issue actually....Even a partial ACL with a brace.....I almost think it was a miniscus tear the way he hopped up and grabbed the knee area....and then couldnt really bend it, as it locked....then again...He's a tough sob so could been a ligament...it's def knee tho

25 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Saw mention that Bighill has a strained calf muscle (take that with a grain of salt).  From the way he went down after the play, I thought for sure it was a knee or achilles.  Hit the deck like he was shot.  

From where the trainers were massaging him and the fact he had his toe pointed like that as he walked off, I was convinced it was a calf until everyone started saying knee.

37 minutes ago, White Out said:

I have a feeling that we win, and, big. This game will be over by half. I really hope this isn't bad juju but this team should explode in the cup.

With how hot and cold our offense has been this year, I think it could go either way. I think it depends on Buck.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah BC took it away....and we had a hampered receiving group so we did bare minimum as to not inflict more injuries...and why run BO into a huge mass of bodies and risk him hurt for Grey Cup....I think we knew our defence had it in the bag...so we played it safe and put it in their hands...thats what I saw

it wasn't just our passing game that suffered -- BC had zero respect for any sweep motion from Demski.  We ran that a few times with Demski going horizontal and Brady between the tackles and Brady got swamped by bodies each time, BC was really keying on him and ignoring any other run looks from us.

We're so lucky that Lawler is a freak who can solo an entire passing attack.

Edited by johnzo