GDT - Western Final - Bombers vs Lions

MOBomberFan

Great feeling this morning knowing we once and for all settled the 'who is number one in the west' deliberation.....Fantastic performance even though our offence was sputtering except when Brady carried the rock in the first half....Went away from him in the second half and the recievers carried the load....I think we're missing Dalton more than we want to admit ....Hope he's good to go in the Cup....Zack was not on his game although a slumping Collaros was twice as good as Vaj.....I noticed Zack had a cloth around his neck....the kind you'd wear when you have a throat problem....He was not a 100 percent and hopefully that disappears before the Cup.....All in all we're looking solid heading into the big game.....Biggie will be missed, although after he went out we had some very good talent fill the void ....Credit the depth...I know Adam calls the signals on the D so we have to count on someone to step up....I have faith that won't be a problem...On to Ham. and bring another one home

13 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Somebody better go do a wellness check on Farhan.

The media darlings (Betts, Vaj, Kelly) sure as **** did not live up to their hype when it mattered today.

Just watched the 9 minute replay of both games from yesterday. Man Kelly was horrible. I believe the votes have already been cast for MOP, and it makes me sick to even think that Kelly will get that MOP. It was about time Toronto sold out that mini stadium of theirs, and it was too bad ( well not really ) that their team and their 600k qb pooped the bed.

14 hours ago, bustamente said:

Biggie is a tough guy if anyone could be ready to play next week it's him but that might of been real serious

Was watching him at half time when they brought over the cart. He had to get the guy to move it closer because he couldn't walk the 5 feet. I'm only a twitter doctor, but it looked like his knee, and it looked bad. Heartbreaking for him  for sure.....

Just now, ddanger said:

Just watched the 9 minute replay of both games from yesterday. Man Kelly was horrible. I believe the votes have already been cast for MOP, and it makes me sick to even think that Kelly will get that MOP. It was about time Toronto sold out that mini stadium of theirs, and it was too bad ( well not really ) that their team and their 600k qb pooped the bed.

Yup, and if Kelly gets a trophy on Thursday because voters are dumb, that's fine. They've done that kind of thing before (hello Chris Van Zeyl) so it won't surprise me.

Brady will show them again on Sunday, who the real MOP is.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Just for the record, it was never a matter (and still isn’t) of anything other than hoping this wasn’t going to come back and bite us in the ass. Doesn’t look like it’s going to, but I’m not going to sit here and tell you that I think that makes it good practice. 

I’ll firmly stand on my opinion that our roster isn’t optimal and leaves us vulnerable, that doesn’t mean we’re not still smashing teams when we’re operating at let’s say … 90% of what we could be. 

At the end of the day, all I want is a Grey Cup and it looks like we’ve got a great shot at another one. I hope Damian Jackson scores the game winning TD. They’re all Bombers and I’ll cheer for every single one of them.

oh yeah and I’m getting an Evan Holm jersey. He’s a dawwwwwg.

totally with you mister

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yup, and if Kelly gets a trophy on Thursday because voters are dumb, that's fine. They've done that kind of thing before (hello Chris Van Zeyl) so it won't surprise me.

Brady will show them again on Sunday, who the real MOP is.

Brady deserves the MOP award, not even close and his closest competition is Collaros who wasn’t eligible because of award rules.  If Kelly gets it, it will be insulting and a joke… but the silver lining is we know how our guys play with a chip on the shoulder.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

As somebody who has complained about the roster, I'm going to say I was wrong.

If they throw a pass to Jackson and he surprises everybody with a big gain, I'll be cheering.

So last night, it was loud at the stadium. How did it sound on TV?

Looked like Jackson was sporting a cast on his right lower arm yesterday. 

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

At the 8:04 mark of 2nd quarter....go watch baby Bett's frustration and pathetic reaction to Eli just basically eliminating him....that's is typical Betts when things not going his way and why he a tool....prepare to laugh a good one lol

Dobson was making guys flip out all game as well. Those two are nasty, fun to watch. 

I believe Bennett didn't see a snap...along with McRae.....and really we don't need him so why isn't Kelly on roster as he one of the better ST guys...and also gives some coverage in the DB area in case of injuries

For Grey Cup id like to see Kelly for Bennet...Fox fill Biggies spot and Ambles for McRae if Schoen can't go

I read it and i will say it, dynasty. No matter what happens this Grey cup we have now played in 4 Grey Cups in a row,that my friends is a dynasty.  This team is special lets enjoy it while we can. There was a song included in the Oilers 80s dynasty video that sang " this is a time to remember cause it will not last forever" thanks big blue for another trip to the Grey Cup! 😊

Just now, bb1 said:

I read it and i will say it, dynasty. No matter what happens this Grey cup we have now played in 4 Grey Cups in a row,that my friends is a dynasty.  This team is special lets enjoy it while we can. There was a song included in the Oilers 80s dynasty video that sang " this is a time to remember cause it will not last forever" thanks big blue for another trip to the Grey Cup! 😊

Winning the west 4 years in a row absolutely qualifies for dynasty talk. 

2 minutes ago, bb1 said:

A couple of teams have gone 4 years in a row but never in the salary cap era.  Definitely a dynasty.

8 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I'm sure you guys have noticed, but I haven' seen an comments about the limited role Jake Thomas had yesterday. I'm wondering if this is the end of his career 

I wasn't counting snaps or anything but ya he was only in for a handful. Saw lots more of Lawson, and he looks plenty effective