GDT - Western Final - Bombers vs Lions

MOBomberFan

11 hours ago, Tracker said:

Some of concerns about the offence and roster management remain.

Offense yes… we need a better performance from them next week… but the roster complaints generally revolved around why Jackson is playing when we could be using that DA to bolster the D… I’m thinking the D was just fine last night

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Offense yes… we need a better performance from them next week… but the roster complaints generally revolved around why Jackson is playing when we could be using that DA to bolster the D… I’m thinking the D was just fine last night

just fine....or epic....what would you rather have?

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’m looking forward to this week’s Grey Cup game in Hamilton, that’s for sure. 

yeah...so am I....U just dont get the point obviously...past success means nothing if u dont learn from it and adapt as you go....not saying we havnt, ...but a few simple tweaks for absolute legit reasons would have likely made this season a cake walk again...all I am saying....and its a true adage used in sports....winning glosses over apparent deficiencies....and sometimes those un-addressed deficiencies rear ugly head at absolute wrong times when ignored and or glossed over

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Some luck involved with the only major injury in game hitting a place of depth (LB). If one of the Jeffs or a DB had gone down, then that’s where Jackson on the roster hurts. Rather have the D depth than an American FB with little impact, that’s all it is for me. 

Booch and Mike were absolutely right and most of us have agreed. The roster, when healthy, is very good. But it's one or two injuries from being awful because we are leaving better players on the PR in order to roster some players (Jackson) that don't really make sense. But make no mistake.... Even at it's worst right now, it's a damn good team/roster.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Booch and Mike were absolutely right and most of us have agreed. The roster, when healthy, is very good. But it's one or two injuries from being awful because we are leaving better players on the PR in order to roster some players (Jackson) that don't really make sense. But make no mistake.... Even at it's worst right now, it's a damn good team/roster.

You can see the deficiencies in how teams attack us.  When they started a drive with Hansen at end and Jeffcoat on the sideline they went no huddle so we couldn’t sub Jeffcoat back in.

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

That’s exactly it. Last night proved how important depth is. Biggie went out and they didn’t skip a beat because of the depth at LB on the roster. 

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

BC smoke and mirored their way to second place...last 3rd of the season, and in playoffs....the many flaws were evident

Great point by Greg Mackling I think in the pre-game show that BC started 6-1 and played the Taylor Cornelius Elks twice, building their “Donut Boys” image against that hapless team with 2 shutouts. At that point they were giving up 13.4 points against. Then they got walloped in Winnipeg, which was the first step in a 6-5 finish and a defence that gave up an average of 31.3 points a game. The Donut Boys were full of holes and this “best team” was a myth, buoyed by fancy sack totals and fat passing numbers. 

TSN with all their non Winnipeg story lines hoping for an Argo/Lion GC matchup.

Now I’m sure they will adjust to the David and Goliath theme and feed into Faj’s fee fees doubter haters no one believed in us except us crap that to me gives a big middle finger to the Montreal fans.

Faj is one of the most irritating person to be interviewed. He truly thinks he’s a leader but he ain’t in my books. He hides behind things thinking he’s sheltering his true colors but he’s not, they’re right there on full display for everyone to see.

Oh and our O will need to somehow neutralize Sankey, he had a monster game against the Argoblows.

16 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

That’s exactly it. Last night proved how important depth is. Biggie went out and they didn’t skip a beat because of the depth at LB on the roster. 

Cole is a legit starter anywhere in the league...same can be said with Clements too ...both are Uber athletic and give our defence a total different look and feel with their motors and speed .. especially with Wilson back to form...he was lights out last night

17 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

TSN with all their non Winnipeg story lines hoping for an Argo/Lion GC matchup.

Now I’m sure they will adjust to the David and Goliath theme and feed into Faj’s fee fees doubter haters no one believed in us except us crap that to me gives a big middle finger to the Montreal fans.

Faj is one of the most irritating person to be interviewed. He truly thinks he’s a leader but he ain’t in my books. He hides behind things thinking he’s sheltering his true colors but he’s not, they’re right there on full display for everyone to see.

Oh and our O will need to somehow neutralize Sankey, he had a monster game against the Argoblows.

He's just the biggest baby and woe is me doucher in the league