Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition

Nolby

7 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I also damn near froze to death. Did not respect the cold and learned a harsh lesson about dressing too lightly. Feet, hands, head/face get cold quick if you dress like an idiot.

Do you remember what the temps were for that game? I was there and my memory says that it was -30. That's gotta be my memory exaggerating things....

Apparently the link provided has weather. -14, feeling like -21. I remember it being very cold, but I was prepared for it and had a great time.

Edited by WildPath

Every one ready to see the marine on the gdr? I’m mentally prepared for a full on mos roster management moment. No fox, Parker, back up cover db, back up imp dl, ni wr, oh I’m gonna be sick. Nope im ready im ready. 

I do feel like vaj really shot his load last week though and will really crap the bed tomorrow. I expect 4th quarter bc sucks chants from frozen breath while Brady kills the clock and bcs will to engage physically. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Every one ready to see the marine on the gdr? I’m mentally prepared for a full on mos roster management moment. No fox, Parker, back up cover db, back up imp dl, ni wr, oh I’m gonna be sick. Nope im ready im ready. 

I do feel like vaj really shot his load last week though and will really crap the bed tomorrow. I expect 4th quarter bc sucks chants from frozen breath while Brady kills the clock and bcs will to engage physically. 

yup...Don't see a VAJ repeat...even tho he been better this yr....he not consistent elite...and if we do whatwe did last time...adjusted to disrupting the receivers so he has no quick no read opportunity, and the timing was messed he will be in trouble.

He gotta stand in there and look for a guy against the top backfield...he's done!

As for roster ...Originally I felt like we may get a surprise, and seeing what Vaj did on the ground the prudent and smart thing would be to have Fox in as extra support in the rotation, as well as clogging up the middle, as opposed to a 6-8 snap a game full back who's play has no bearing on the game...ever....as well as keeping vet Rose where he is...as well as Parker and not be blinded by Stats Houston....who is our worst DB in terms of all around ability, and has been burned the most

But now I have a sick feeling we will roll with a wasted DA spot...Houston in...and who knows with Rose and Parker...who gets on

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I am.

I am hoping we see Parker as an extra DB, Fox as an extra DL and that we drop an DI LB since Gautheir is back.

37 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I get and agree with your point... but I can't imagine we make a significant roster change after using a similar weekly lineup in a 14-4 season... To my limited knowledge, a Canadian FB with the extra DA on defense seems to make way more sense... but I don't see it happening and I'll have to concede to the experts and hope they are right.

41 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Imo Vaj's biggest thing is his mental part of the game.

He's got the full set of athletic skills but when adversity hits it seems we can neutralize him when you feel that positivity leaving his body. 

Reduce Vaj's positivity to negativity by getting him off his game early with heavy pressure.....He likes to take off when he can't find a receiver instantly, so we have to be prepared for that ....In other words just 'shut him down' early....The leo's defence doesn't scare anyone and they are very vulnerable to the 'long bomb'...they don't cover well....I like our chances 

I hate that we are continuing to waste a spot on Jackson. That spot could be an extra DB such as Rose or DL such as Fox both of whom would help more that The Seal who is a huge roster spot waste.

I am guessing Ambles for Bailey. Would rather have Ambles on the roster too even if Bailey and Demski go.

Why is it ONLY Friday?!?!

nervous-simpsons.gif

Just now, rebusrankin said:

I hate that we are continuing to waste a spot on Jackson. That spot could be an extra DB such as Rose or DL such as Fox both of whom would help more that The Seal who is a huge roster spot waste.

I am guessing Ambles for Bailey. Would rather have Ambles on the roster too even if Bailey and Demski go.

We have so many injuries at receiver, why are we not rostering an extra one??