CFL Award Nominee Finalists

bluto

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

100%. I've yet to hear an explanation on how his season was outstanding...nevermind MORE outstanding than any other QB. And definitely not more than Brady. There's just zero evidence to back it up.

MBT in 2022 - 67% completion 23 TDs 15 INT  4731 yards

Kelly in 2023-  69% 23 TDs 12 INT 4123 yards 

MBT was getting called a bad QB 

9 minutes ago, Bombertown said:

I think people were allowed to vote only up until playoffs so his horrendous eastern final game isn’t considered

i think if this vote was redone Brady would win by a landslide. 

I really think this is the leagues way to boost torontos sales

With the technology we have now, votes should be allowed to be changed & counted up to the day after the Divisional Finals. Not some archaic system that was in use in 1979 when results were telexed somewhere. Or relied on canada Post to get to where they were supposed to go. And reporters should be free to vote for their own team players they cover all season especially if they truly had outstanding seasons to balance off the douchebags in places like Saskatchewan who would rather die first than vote for a Blue Bomber. Congrats, Ballsy. You just celebrated your own personal Grey Cup voting for Kelly. The CFL is such a bush league sometimes. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I bet this serves as some serious locker room bill board material. I expect the ol to be as angry as any one. Brady’s accomplishments are as much about their work as any thing. The ALs front is gonna gets freaking mauled. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

With the technology we have now, votes should be allowed to be changed & counted up to the day after the Divisional Finals. Not some archaic system that was in use in 1979 when results were telexed somewhere. Or relied on canada Post to get to where they were supposed to go. And reporters should be free to vote for their own team players they cover all season especially if they truly had outstanding seasons to balance off the douchebags in places like Saskatchewan who would rather die first than vote for a Blue Bomber. Congrats, Ballsy. You just celebrated your own personal Grey Cup voting for Kelly. The CFL is such a bush league sometimes. 

I mean either it’s yearly awards or regular season. And it makes sense to include all the years games. Can’t choke on the biggest stage and be the mop. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I bet this serves as some serious locker room bill board material. I expect the ol to be as angry as any one. Brady’s accomplishments are as much about their work as any thing. The ALs front is gonna gets freaking mauled. 

I mean either it’s yearly awards or regular season. And it makes sense to include all the years games. Can’t choke on the biggest stage and be the mop. 

You'd think in a 9 team league they'd figure this **** out but nope. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yeah...all the aspects going into this...the loss last year.....to a team that is basically 98% all back....all the BC...Toronto yackity yack all yr long....I can actually sense a real drubbing about to happen

I hope the Bombers shove it up Davis Sanchez blow hole. if anyone gave us no respect or consideration, it was him.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...all the aspects going into this...the loss last year.....to a team that is basically 98% all back....all the BC...Toronto yackity yack all yr long....I can actually sense a real drubbing about to happen

Throw in the nauseating amount of pro-Montreal hype and all these media bozos ready to hand the Als the Grey Cup… whooo boy a proper trip behind the woodshed is in order.

Just now, Geebrr said:

George Reed is a legend no doubt. 

Associating a roughrider with anything outstanding is awkward.

They are a miserable franchise that has sucked for basically their entire existence. 

Reed was outstanding.  He played for the Riders which shouldn't be held against him. Was he better than Mike Pringle?? Too bad they never went against one another as that would have been epic. 

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

media goes basically on stats for most part....and a lot of times the wrong ones, and CK ranked 3rd for a QB for the most part

I believe that Kelly won solely on his team's record... I would argue that they voted for him more as MVP rather than MOP, but I don't even think he was MVP on his team, I'd have given that to Leake for the great field position he provided for most of their games.

21 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The reporters are able to vote for their own team players.  The comment that DT made on WST about not getting to vote for the team award was about the initial round of voting where it was 4 members of the football reporters of Canada and the head coach in each market that puts players forward for consideration in each category.

5 minutes ago, Sard said:

I believe that Kelly won solely on his team's record... I would argue that they voted for him more as MVP rather than MOP, but I don't even think he was MVP on his team, I'd have given that to Leake for the great field position he provided for most of their games.

And the panel who announced Kelly as the winner are going to be mortified when more and more of his personality emerges in 2024.

5 minutes ago, Sard said:

The reporters are able to vote for their own team players.  The comment that DT made on WST about not getting to vote for the team award was about the initial round of voting where it was 4 members of the football reporters of Canada and the head coach in each market that puts players forward for consideration in each category.

Not voting for Brady was absurd. He's got some "splaining" to do. That's just sad. 

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

I figured out why he always looks crazy, his eyes are set at different levels, he's literally cockeyed.

And he’s a menace, looks like Lee Harvey Oswald. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I hope Brady and the team use it as yet more motivation.

Exactly! 

Edited by Rod Black

I was ******* sickened watching these awards. All the Arblow love....two....2 (!!!!) ******* awards for the Riders!!!!??? 

I honestly kind of wish we were playing Toronto on Sunday now because we would murder them worse than Montreal did last weekend. Now poor ol' Faj is gonna have to take it in their place and he's doing to get buried alive.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was ******* sickened watching these awards. All the Arblow love....two....2 (!!!!) ******* awards for the Riders!!!!??? 

I honestly kind of wish we were playing Toronto on Sunday now because we would murder them worse than Montreal did last weekend. Now poor ol' Faj is gonna have to take it in their place and he's doing to get buried alive.

I don’t think anyone should take much issue with the Riders getting two awards for activities off the football field. One is Lenius who goes to schools to promote mental health awareness, the other is Lauther who planned a large Rider event in Phoenix which raised $20,000 for KidSport. Really nothing to be outraged over.

2 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I don’t think anyone should take much issue with the Riders getting two awards for activities off the football field. One is Lenius who goes to schools to promote mental health awareness, the other is Lauther who planned a large Rider event in Phoenix which raised $20,000 for KidSport. Really nothing to be outraged over.

They are the only ones who do work in the community for sure. 

Edited by Geebrr

2 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Get outta here with your calm and well-reasoned thoughts! Those two Riders did- well, pretty cool things. Whatever.