Elks @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Noeller

Just now, ddanger said:

So we're having a nice and cold playoff game for a trip to the big game in Hamilton. And all we had to do was watch it on TV ( which I didn't). I gotta admit that now I'm nervous that we are going to take our collective feet off the gas this evening. 

That be a sign of a bad team...poor preparedness and coaching blunder...first half at minimum should be played like it a playoff game...next week u can ease the starters out and get other guys reps...and actually see what some of the PR guys can do...

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

That be a sign of a bad team...poor preparedness and coaching blunder...first half at minimum should be played like it a playoff game...next week u can ease the starters out and get other guys reps...and actually see what some of the PR guys can do...

Well, we’ve seen MOS put starters on the bench earlier than this, so I’m not expecting to see Zach for too long tomorrow, if at all.

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Well, we’ve seen MOS put starters on the bench earlier than this, so I’m not expecting to see Zach for too long tomorrow, if at all.

If anything based on his play of late...and fact we may have to implement some different things in case Schoen can't go...he should get lions share today...and start and run 3..4..series and then let whomever get their reps

1 minute ago, Booch said:

If anything based on his play of late...and fact we may have to implement some different things in case Schoen can't go...he should get lions share today...and start and run 3..4..series and then let whomever get their reps

I agree. I just don’t expect it.

Guess we will see...basically 3 plus weeks off until the lights come on is a dumb plan of action...speaking as a former player and as a coach...dumb dumb...your body will not be game.ready....turnovers and injuries are probable...

Every player for most part should get ample reps in either or both games ideally...can't play like a pussie or let up in fear of injury..cause that's when u will get one...if anything this is where u should ramp it up a bit

..get your mind right

Stamps looked like worldbeaters last night.....Where was some of that through the reg. season....Gives us a walk-in for the top spot ....I'll take it and now I'd like to put this game a way quick tonight so we can get a look at some of our hidden talent.....Zack should be pulled early and give Brown some reps. for sure ....otherwise it's a great game to see what some of our other talent can contribute....We'll see

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Guess we will see...basically 3 plus weeks off until the lights come on is a dumb plan of action...speaking as a former player and as a coach...dumb dumb...your body will not be game.ready....turnovers and injuries are probable...

Every player for most part should get ample reps in either or both games ideally...can't play like a pussie or let up in fear of injury..cause that's when u will get one...if anything this is where u should ramp it up a bit

..get your mind right

Ideally every post clinch game should be treated like a final pre season game. Get vets some concentrated well designed play. Maybe a half maybe the first drive of the second half too. And importantly get a real good look at some depth guys and pr to see if any one can be of greater use in the important games. 
I might sit walker one of those games and start fox. I’d probably start gmc at rb in the last game. 

I’d ask get Richmond in the last game with a start and put in Dobson and Eli gray at the other tackle. Put in garbutt and Habba start. 
 I’d start des Lawrence in the last game too that way we can see if he’s healthy / worked through his issues from earlier this year. I’d also start clements and Cole in place of biggie and kyrie. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Ideally every post clinch game should be treated like a final pre season game. Get vets some concentrated well designed play. Maybe a half maybe the first drive of the second half too. And importantly get a real good look at some depth guys and pr to see if any one can be of greater use in the important games. 
I might sit walker one of those games and start fox. I’d probably start gmc at rb in the last game. 

Ideally if Grant like looks good and back to form today I'd like to see him sat and let McRae handle returns...have Fox on for Grant...with Walker..see how that tandem with Lawson rotating works... and also we know what Jackson is....and brings which is easily replaceable....let him sit and add an end...or another DB.... Perfect chance to see what a rotation of the Jeff's and one of Haba or Garbut brings....with Walker and fox starting in the middle...and still have Hansen and Cole to add to mix....

If we don't even try and see that in a nothing game...where we apparently "reward" guys for practicing hard and being good lil.soldiers I don't k iw what to say other than that's a failure to evaluate what we have

Just now, Booch said:

Ideally if Grant like looks good and back to form today I'd like to see him sat and let McRae handle returns...have Fox on for Grant...with Walker..see how that tandem with Lawson rotating works... and also we know what Jackson is....and brings which is easily replaceable....let him sit and add an end...or another DB.... Perfect chance to see what a rotation of the Jeff's and one of Haba or Garbut brings....with Walker and fox starting in the middle...and still have Hansen and Cole to add to mix....

If we don't even try and see that in a nothing game...where we apparently "reward" guys for practicing hard and being good lil.soldiers I don't k iw what to say other than that's a failure to evaluate what we have

Sitting grant is a good idea. Man idk about gmc returning. He’s got the tool set but I don’t know if he has the intangibles. 
 Starting Hansen would be good. 
yeah we will know clearly from the roster. If Schmekel is back on or starting it’s bad news lol 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

..get your mind right

So in 2021; Zach's last complete game was Nov.6th with the Final on Dec. 5th. In the month between he sat in one game and got a few reps another game with 1 bye week. 

In 2022; Zach's last complete game was Oct. 8th with the West Final on Nov. 13. In the 5 weeks between he sat in one game, got some reps in another with 2 bye weeks.

MOS doesn't seen to believe in rust, or anything of the sort.

Just remember that for every player pulled off the practice roster to go on the game roster, a player has to be put on the practice roster as well since we can’t exceed active roster numbers. And any practice roster player can be claimed by another team at any time so long as they immediately go on to that team’s active roster. So unless we play the “one game injured reserve” route (which may cause salary cap issues), we would be exposing current starters if we flipped them to the practice roster for a one game audition of another player. Given the size of CFL rosters, I just don’t expect to see the kind of movement others may hope for. Back-ups currently on the game roster will likely get more time, but I think PR guys will pretty much stay there in these last two weeks. 

At least that is my understanding of the rules. I stand to be corrected. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Sitting grant is a good idea. Man idk about gmc returning. He’s got the tool set but I don’t know if he has the intangibles. 
 Starting Hansen would be good. 
yeah we will know clearly from the roster. If Schmekel is back on or starting it’s bad news lol 

For the nothing game may as well let McRae do it...we have nobody else anyway....it's just a good way to get another import on as a DA to see what they got...

Just now, Jesse said:

So in 2021; Zach's last complete game was Nov.6th with the Final on Dec. 5th. In the month between he sat in one game and got a few reps another game with 1 bye week. 

In 2022; Zach's last complete game was Oct. 8th with the West Final on Nov. 13. In the 5 weeks between he sat in one game, got some reps in another with 2 bye weeks.

MOS doesn't seen to believe in rust, or anything of the sort.

And to be honest...ZC played average at best too in those games...was far from sharp

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Just remember that for every player pulled off the practice roster to go on the game roster, a player has to be put on the practice roster as well since we can’t exceed active roster numbers. And any practice roster player can be claimed by another team at any time so long as they immediately go on to that team’s active roster. So unless we play the “one game injured reserve” route (which may cause salary cap issues), we would be exposing current starters if we flipped them to the practice roster for a one game audition of another player. Given the size of CFL rosters, I just don’t expect to see the kind of movement others may hope for. Back-ups currently on the game roster will likely get more time, but I think PR guys will pretty much stay there in these last two weeks. 

The player has to agree...we.went over that before...also they have to play that week...some.twams are done next week as well...not a concern

Also...u can just 1 game them

And really..do you think any of our vets is gonna say yeah....I'll leave ...haha

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

We also have no cap issues...we had Lotsa bucks wiped off the sms this yr

Just now, Jesse said:

I agree completely. I was hoping BC won last night for this reason..

But MOS is MOS.

Hopefully he has grown and learned...