Riders at Bombers -BANJO BOWL 2023 GTD-

Nolby

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Enjoy the 50 Burger assclown. Now go back to impregnating your cousin.

First of all he's got to go to the dentist for some teeth ....then shop around for a brain.....What a lowlife arsehole....I'd like to have a person to person with this moron...BUT he probably couldn't follow the conversation.....Didn't like the ass kickin' and has gone back to crawl into his hole    Plunk ....Plunk Plunk....greenwhite punk

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So according to RF.Com, the refs are all in our pocket and we get away with everything. Apparently they missed the no call in the Edmonton game where we lost ZC or the headbutt last week.

It's a lot easier to ***** about the reffing and nonexistent Bomber O-line and D-line dirty play than admit that the Rider organization need to be cleaned out and the rooms fumigated. In this forum we have a few management apologists, but the Rider fan forum has a lot of people there completely divorced from reality.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It’s not an extra possession at the start of a half.  Think of how many points they scored under 3 mins in the 2nd quarter.  You want the wind in the 2nd and 4th.  It’s way different than NFL with timing rules.  The clock never stops in the 1st and 3rd but under 3 minute warning both halves stops every play no matter outcome.

This is true, but if there's little to no wind that no longer plays into the equation imo. Maybe they heard the wind would pick up in the second half? I don't know. Imo they should have taken the ball and left no doubt.

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

This is true, but if there's little to no wind that no longer plays into the equation imo. Maybe they heard the wind would pick up in the second half? I don't know. Imo they should have taken the ball and left no doubt.

FWIW. I was out for a bike ride about an hour before the game and the wind was very slight (less than 5km/h) from the north. The turf at IGF is quite a bit below grade and with the protection from the wind offered by the stands, IMO, the wind was/should have been a non-factor yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Still not sure why we didn't challenge that Lawler missed TD...at the 20 yd line the Db grabbed his facemask and pulled his helmet askew...Lawler couldn't see...that's why he dropped it...u can even see him telling ref he couldn't see

O’Shea said he would of challenged it but could not get a good look at it on any replays.

I couldn't watch the game due to business commitments at a festival.  I actually managed to get through the day without hearing  the score. I had to yell at the guy close to us because he wanted to update me at half-time. Lol.  What a beat down. There is nothing better ( other than a Cup) than an ass whooping on the Riders. 

12 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

In the same boat here... 4 yr old at home, but with the litany of swears and stuff... Not sure i want to be bringing her to IGF yet...

Anyone have intel on Bisons games? Or should I just take her to a Bomber game?

What Bison info do you want? Next home game is Sep. 23 @ 2 pm vs. Regina. 

13 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

In the same boat here... 4 yr old at home, but with the litany of swears and stuff... Not sure i want to be bringing her to IGF yet...

Anyone have intel on Bisons games? Or should I just take her to a Bomber game?

I’d just go to a Bomber game.  Bison games have no atmosphere at all.  I think a child would find it incredibly boring if they aren’t a football nerd.

If you wanna watch first hand the dirtynesd of Lanier...go to 13:50 mark of 4th quarter...and watch what he does to Hardrick...when play over and he on seat of his pants on ground...grabs Hardricks leg and trips him down...told u...he is known for dirty crap in the pile and after whistles ...

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

Yeah but it's not like they'll sit them until the East finals so they are still at risk of injury anytime they step on the field. 

My point is they can still get a bye, by resting their main players. 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I’d just go to a Bomber game.  Bison games have no atmosphere at all.  I think a child would find it incredibly boring if they aren’t a football nerd.

It’s a horrible experience watching Bison Games for the atmosphere. But then again I was spoiled watching my son play for Western for 4 years. Atmosphere their is insane with crowd capacity, marching band and aerial gymnists.

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

It's a lot easier to ***** about the reffing and nonexistent Bomber O-line and D-line dirty play than admit that the Rider organization need to be cleaned out and the rooms fumigated. In this forum we have a few management apologists, but the Rider fan forum has a lot of people there completely divorced from reality.

I can save you a whole lot of time and wasted effort when visiting riderfans.com. Don't go there looking for anything remotely resembling a "balanced" viewpoint on things CFL and football. Here's a few examples of what it was like just visiting the site (not commenting, because I'm banned for some reason ;)) for just 15 minutes yesterday after the game  ...

um47AJH.gif   giphy.gif   giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524wa5oystob3xtnqntx  its-not-real-dwayne-johnson.gif   200w.gif?cid=6c09b952pqkoqulb21npvl0o2jt    

5 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

I can save you a whole lot of time and wasted effort when visiting riderfans.com. Don't go there looking for anything remotely resembling a "balanced" viewpoint on things CFL and football. Here's a few examples of what it was like just visiting the site (not commenting, because I'm banned for some reason ;)) for just 15 minutes yesterday after the game  ...

um47AJH.gif   giphy.gif   giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524wa5oystob3xtnqntx  its-not-real-dwayne-johnson.gif   200w.gif?cid=6c09b952pqkoqulb21npvl0o2jt    

Not looking for reality there- just a shot of schadenfreud.

24 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Not looking for reality there- just a shot of schadenfreud.

I go Soley for amusement and entertainment...there's several good posters there who can see forest through the trees and realize things...and don't get swept up in the lunacy... conspiracy ideas ..lame excuses...made up realities...but they few and far between...and generally pile on with the hilarious takes... derogatory comments...and crazy beliefs...and the bannings there to rival fans...and even some of their own who don't toe the narrative is comical...it's almost instant...skin thin indeed

6 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

O’Shea said he would have challenged it but could not get a good look at it on any replays.

It seems like at home games O'Shea relies heavily (and almost exclusively) on the scoreboard replays when deciding if he should challenge a play, but for whatever reason they're sometimes very slow to show those. Doesn't the team have someone in the booth going over replays and/or someone on the sideline with access to them on an iPad?

5 minutes ago, Stretch said:

It seems like at home games O'Shea relies heavily (and almost exclusively) on the scoreboard replays when deciding if he should challenge a play, but for whatever reason they're sometimes very slow to show those. Doesn't the team have someone in the booth going over replays and/or someone on the sideline with access to them on an iPad?

Also said there was no consensus on the headset either

10 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

@DTonOBquestion for Monday!!! Why did he kick in the 2nd half instead of taking the ball. There seemed to be limited wind.

Just a guess: more practice for the coverage team? Based on what others have said about the wind, that shouldn't have been worth giving up the ball for.

13 hours ago, Stickem said:

First of all he's got to go to the dentist for some teeth ....then shop around for a brain.....What a lowlife arsehole....I'd like to have a person to person with this moron...BUT he probably couldn't follow the conversation.....Didn't like the ass kickin' and has gone back to crawl into his hole    Plunk ....Plunk Plunk....greenwhite punk

It was probably Migs. ******* loser.