Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders

MOBomberFan

1 minute ago, Eternal optimist said:

The fact he wasn't outright ejected and suspended sends a message to other players headhunting - even of QBs - will be tolerated.

Rough play - disqualification..25 yard penalty should have been called after replay showed what happened..why CC didn't step in is baffling... actually unbelievable considering how they preach player safety...that's about as scumbag and gutless a play you can make in any sport...what sport would that player not been tossed and league already have put out a suspension??? Nine that I can think of...just goes to show the culture breeding over there...and nothing has changed since they got rid of some.of the other losers..they just sheep in wolf's clothing there and unjave seen it slowly creeping back in last part of season

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Rough play - disqualification..25 yard penalty should have been called after replay showed what happened..why CC didn't step in is baffling... actually unbelievable considering how they preach player safety...that's about as scumbag and gutless a play you can make in any sport...what sport would that player not been tossed and league already have put out a suspension??? Nine that I can think of...just goes to show the culture breeding over there...and nothing has changed since they got rid of some.of the other losers..they just sheep in wolf's clothing there and unjave seen it slowly creeping back in last part of season

We'll see if they take any action. It should be announced today if they do. Of course it gets appealed and will not be processed before the season ends.

As far as the 25 yard penalty and disqualification I agree. That said we were already on the 4 yard line so the penalty yardage wouldn't have changed much.

“I doubt it,” Riders’ head coach Craig Dickenson said. “I don’t think it was that bad, but we’ll have to see. “I didn’t see it, so I can’t comment”…

So, he says he didn’t think it was that bad but then immediately adds that he didn’t see it.… 

okay. Could you make a dumber statement?

9 hours ago, HC85 said:
Edited by deepsixemtoboyd

9 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

“I doubt it,” Riders’ head coach Craig Dickenson said. “I don’t think it was that bad, but we’ll have to see. “I didn’t see it, so I can’t comment”…

So, he says he didn’t think it was that bad but then immediately adds that he didn’t see it.… 

What u expect from an unqualified HC...and it was shown on reply numerous times and on big screen...is he that out of touch with what's going on?? Especially if a penalty was called and he wanted to challenge?? Like really...if wasn't that bad why would he not have challenged there at that point in game?? That's a key point to challenge...right there that shows what a bunch of bs that is...that..and.what a useless HC he must be to not know what's going on in a crucial point in game...that's just too damn funny 

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Robertson got the free one this year, if another one happens this year you can be sure as **** that the offender will be thrown out of the game. 

Well....u would hope??

11 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Offense has real deficiencies in scheme.  Rely way too much on the big play for the weapons we have.  Get bogged down because forcing the big play, not driving consistently.

Yup we established the run early but refused to keep the pass simple and effective instead choosing for the kill shots not getting into any rhythm at all not to mention the fact long drives would have nicely worn down their D.

18 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup we established the run early but refused to keep the pass simple and effective instead choosing for the kill shots not getting into any rhythm at all not to mention the fact long drives would have nicely worn down their D.

Go.back.tomwhat works...take.the deep shots when there because they focused on the run and intermediate game...we will be fine...always are when we revert back to it...so no need to.deviate

Same with ST's...trash this new scheme..and go back to what worked when we were one of leagues beat cover units...

30 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Seems to be the current style in the cfl.  Als did the same thing the other day.  

Coaches seem to want to be seen as smartest, not the most effective. 

They could not stop the run. But bombers stopped running.  And , stating the obvious, running the ball keeps the D off the field. 

But Running is not seen as clever, or creative I guess among the coaching fraternity of the  CFL.

and the extra o lineman? What happened to that?   Wouldn’t want to do the same thing twice in a row…. Not “creative”

tiresome. It’s football, not physics.

Edited by Mark F

Just now, Mark F said:

Seems to be the current style in the cfl.  Als did the same thing the other day.  

Coaches seem to want to be seen as smartest, not the most effective. 

They could not stop the run. But bombers stopped running.  

Running is not seen as clever, or creative I guess among the coaching fraternity of the  CFL.

We were even gaining 2-4 yards on Prukop’s qb sneaks. I was thinking to myself last night go back to atom football and do that all the way down the field and watch their fans heads pop off their shoulders in frustration. :)

Once again, the LDC blows up in our face. Oh well, brush it off, prepare for the Banjo bowl and get us to 10 wins.

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

and the extra o lineman? What happened to that?   Wouldn’t want to do the same thing twice in a row…. Not “creative”

tiresome. It’s football, not brain surgery.

Dobson is out there now like 2/3 of snaps.  If anything it's way too much.  If he's out there for a pass play just means another guy on opposition free in coverage.  Max protect sometimes, not all the time.  Doing it all the time is making it way too easy on defences.  But it's another schematic issue and might come down to QB preferences, we don't run much stuff that moves the ball out quick.  Finally got a screen out to Demski in the 4th Q.  Crazy thing is D's are bunching up the middle to counter our heavy scheme with run so there's tons of space out there on 1st and 10 if you get it out quick to someone who can run with it, really anyone on our O I'd be fine with but Demski, Bailey, Lawler for sure.

1 hour ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

Yes, Dickenson can and undoubtedly will, say something, probably many things dumber.

2 hours ago, Yourface said:

The one near the sideline where the ball hit the turf? I don’t think that had a chance of being overturned tbh.

I really only saw it from one angle and I never saw it hit the ground. Even the biased TSN panel wondered about that call. Just saying …

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Coaches seem to want to be seen as smartest, not the most effective. They could not stop the run. But bombers stopped running.  And , stating the obvious, running the ball keeps the D off the field. 

But Running is not seen as clever, or creative I guess among the coaching fraternity of the  CFL.  and the extra o lineman? What happened to that?   Wouldn’t want to do the same thing twice in a row…. Not “creative”

tiresome. It’s football, not physics.

A strong running game means that the linebackers have to start hugging the line of scrimmage, not dropping off into coverage. That means the intermediate passing game (8-15 yards) should open up. If/when that becomes successful and the running game is still a threat, the D-backs are on their own and thus vulnerable. Bombers did very little of that. It ain't rocket surgery.

Edited by Tracker

1 hour ago, Booch said:

What u expect from an unqualified HC...and it was shown on reply numerous times and on big screen...is he that out of touch with what's going on?? Especially if a penalty was called and he wanted to challenge?? Like really...if wasn't that bad why would he not have challenged there at that point in game?? That's a key point to challenge...right there that shows what a bunch of bs that is...that..and.what a useless HC he must be to not know what's going on in a crucial point in game...that's just too damn funny 

Well....u would hope??

Just because it was worthy of a 15 yard penalty doesn't mean it is suspension worthy. Guys head but other guys after the whistle a ton. I have never seen someone suspended from it and I would not expect Robertson to be suspended either. 

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

Go.back.tomwhat works...take.the deep shots when there because they focused on the run and intermediate game...we will be fine...always are when we revert back to it...so no need to.deviate

Same with ST's...trash this new scheme..and go back to what worked when we were one of leagues beat cover units...

Anybody have any idea what this new scheme is and why it still doesn't work by game 12? IMO it's just O'Shea saying it's a new scheme to shield the bad results and the players taking heat. Seriously. Kick and cover. It's not a new thing in football of any type.

The head butt on Zack was one of the worst cowardly acts I've seen from a player in football....How the hell does this guy get away with that crap without getting tossed and a suspension....I was stunned by it to be quite honest and even more stunned when I didn't see an immediate flag from the official...This kind of act makes us look like the ultimate bush league going....The coach says he didn't see it ....where the hell was his head....up his arse....This cannot be let go by the league or there will be a lot of 'head hunting' going on with teams....That arsehole doesn't realize the knife cuts both ways if a coach and player want to foster that kind of bullshit....We'll see that scum in the Peg next week...I hope we're prepared

A head butt well after the play by a player who knew what he was doing and seemed to be pretty proud of himself against the qb doesn't matter who the qb is should be an automatic ejection and should definitely warrant a suspension. This wasn't in the heat of battle, there wasn't an altercation or fight happening, Robertson saw an opportunity to try and injure a player and took it.

9 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Just because it was worthy of a 15 yard penalty doesn't mean it is suspension worthy. Guys head but other guys after the whistle a ton. I have never seen someone suspended from it and I would not expect Robertson to be suspended either. 

That was pretty exceptional.  I've been playing, coaching and watching football for 30 years and I've never seen anything like that, and on a quarterback.  I've seen guys go nose to nose all the time and bump facemasks.  That was a full on headbutt and totally disconnected from any actual game play.  Closest thing I can remember is when Burfict took a shot at Antonio Brown but that was still during play.

8 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The head butt on Zack was one of the worst cowardly acts I've seen from a player in football....How the hell does this guy get away with that crap without getting tossed and a suspension....I was stunned by it to be quite honest and even more stunned when I didn't see an immediate flag from the official...This kind of act makes us look like the ultimate bush league going....The coach says he didn't see it ....where the hell was his head....up his arse....This cannot be let go by the league or there will be a lot of 'head hunting' going on with teams....That arsehole doesn't realize the knife cuts both ways if a coach and player want to foster that kind of bullshit....We'll see that scum in the Peg next week...I hope we're prepared

I'm not surprised Dickenson didn't see it.  Happened so late probably looking down at a play chart or something.

21 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

This is easily one of the dumbest things I've read on the internet regarding sports. 

18 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

Anybody have any idea what this new scheme is and why it still doesn't work by game 12? IMO it's just O'Shea saying it's a new scheme to shield the bad results and the players taking heat. Seriously. Kick and cover. It's not a new thing in football of any type.

I agree. We are missing guys like Hansen and Miller, 2 heavy hitters on teams. The Panzer and the GOAT have big cleats to fill

1 minute ago, White Out said:

This is easily one of the dumbest things I've read on the internet regarding sports. 

There is no precedent for this type of play getting a suspension in the CFL. This is the fact, you can argue that you think it should get a suspension but if the league decides to suspend him I would be shocked if it was appealed if stood up. 

That disgusting BS by Robertson says all you need to know about the culture and character of that football club over there in Sask, IMHO. But that is not why Bombers lost the game. You have to admit Sask played as well as they could - and Bombers made them look even better than they really are. How on earth would you ever surrender a single point in a tight game? I've seen enough football to to see that this Bomber team is showing it's age and starting on the downswing with some of our key leaders/personnel. Head coach also needs to shoulder some responsibility for roster composition and in-game decisions - although that doesn't seem to be happening.