Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders

MOBomberFan

10 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

This is possibly a bit dramatic. 🙂

That said, I mean I remain genuinely perplexed as to why we don’t not use all the tools in the arsenal. It’s almost like he feels using your challenge on a close play is sucky or something? ?  Or, what?

Can someone explain to me why we don’t use it earlier in the game on the Schoen catch? I mean we might’ve lost but it certainly look like he caught the ball.
And speaking of Mr. Schoen, he dropped yet another ball right in his hands late in the first half that took 3 pts off the board for us. Love the guy but he has had a few critical drops this year… Like, I mean a pro receiver just can’t drop in that situation.

We'd have lost that challenge as the ball hit the ground before Schoen secured it. I saw a facemask on Oliveira late in the game that was missed & O'Shea never challenged it as it looked blatant. Oliveira turned his head as he was running when the Rider player grabbed his mask. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This team has lots its edge. No way does a real contender lose in OT to Crum and Dolegala.

I still hate giving up that point. Before it even happened I said to my wife "just watch...monster punt, give up the single, field goal, lose in OT". The D just has a knack for crapping the bed at the worst times....3 times now in the last 15 games if you include the Grey Cup they had the win with a stop. And that is with the offense playing like hot trash in those games. Plus the special teams are an embarrassment.

I realize I am ranting and that this is partially therapy for me, but we are seeing some awful signs lately and NO signs of trying to fix them.

We all rant and its therapy, Rant away, my friend.

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This team has lots its edge. No way does a real contender lose in OT to Crum and Dolegala.

I still hate giving up that point. Before it even happened I said to my wife "just watch...monster punt, give up the single, field goal, lose in OT". The D just has a knack for crapping the bed at the worst times....3 times now in the last 15 games if you include the Grey Cup they had the win with a stop. And that is with the offense playing like hot trash in those games. Plus the special teams are an embarrassment.

I realize I am ranting and that this is partially therapy for me, but we are seeing some awful signs lately and NO signs of trying to fix them.

Yup the D overall has been a weak spot this year. They look old. And are old. Key guys disappearing for long stretches. Paging Mr. Jefferson and Mr. Jeffcoat.....

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Darby has run over O'Shea's dog or something. He missed some plays out there early on in the season(so has the almighty Kramdhi in spades) but has been in the doghouse nearly all season. Not idea whats going on there.

Kramdi has been horrible...and his st play suffers now as well being a full timer

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

did a facemask on Oliveira late in the game that was missed & O'Shea never challenged it as it looked blatant. Oliveira turned his head as he was running when the Rider player grabbed his mask. 

Yes! Thank you! I forgot this. But I thought exactly the same thing… Like what is it going to take to throw the damn flag?!

Yup the D overall has been a weak spot this year. They look old. And are old. Key guys disappearing for long stretches. Paging Mr. Jefferson and Mr. Jeffcoat.....

That goes hand in hand with rotation...they have none...hence tire out...look at any teams depth chart..most have 8...some 9...heck BC had 11 last game

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

40-25 = 15.  Single puts ball at 40 now.  Take ball after FG is 40 now.

Pretty sure it 10 yards...they also said 10 on post game show

Random thoughts: 

-Typical LD crap game

-It’s becoming abundantly clear that the OL can’t dominate anymore. Really tired of seeing the center flat on his ass. 

- Got too cute in the red zone, Castillo’s last should have been an easy 6. 

- The D has now been gassed out in 2 close losses this year. They had nothing in OT. 

- Kick coverage and field position ultimately cost the Bombers the game.

They both played fine. It was our secondary that was the problem. It has been all season & continues to be. They play soft zone coverage. They don't knock the ball down. They go for interceptions & get burned mightily. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

That goes hand in hand with rotation...they have none...hence tire out...look at any teams depth chart..most have 8...some 9...heck BC had 11 last game

Yup. Such a dumb plan to not pick up Lemon(or ANYONE for that matter), since Haba went down. Just keep trotting out the two Jeffs, working them to death to the point where they have become invisible.

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They both played fine. It was our secondary that was the problem. It has been all season & continues to be. They play soft zone coverage. They don't knock the ball down. They go for interceptions & get burned mightily. 

Rose and Houston were also poor, but our two defensive ends primary job is to get after the passer. They have done none of that for some time now. Tonight they were invisible(even after the Riders lost an olineman to injury and had to shuffle their line).

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

16 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

This is possibly a bit dramatic. 🙂

That said, I mean I remain genuinely perplexed as to why we don’t not use all the tools in the arsenal. It’s almost like he feels using your challenge on a close play is sucky or something? ?  Or, what?

Can someone explain to me why we don’t use it earlier in the game on the Schoen catch? I mean we might’ve lost but it certainly look like he caught the ball.
And speaking of Mr. Schoen, he dropped yet another ball right in his hands late in the first half that took 3 pts off the board for us. Love the guy but he has had a few critical drops this year… Like, I mean a pro receiver just can’t drop in that situation.

I thought he should have used a challenge on Schoen getting hit in the head by Moncrief 

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Pretty sure it 10 yards...they also said 10 on post game show

They apply the penalty from the 10 on flags in goal.  Is that what you mean?  So the 15 yard no yards puts it on 25.

Rose and Houston were also poor, but our two defensive ends primary job is to get after the passer. They have done none of that for some time now. Tonight they were invisible.

Their primary job is to turn the play inside & not let the running backs get outside of them. For the most part they did that. Morrow did have some longer runs, though. Jeffcoat had one sack at least while Jefferson had a knockdown. 

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Rose and Houston were also poor, but our two defensive ends primary job is to get after the passer. They have done none of that for some time now. Tonight they were invisible.

Well when u are mediocre up the middle...u can negate edge guys...now...if u tossed in Fox to work with Walker repeatedly and subbed in Lawson...and limited Jake...u would see a difference

Also seen way too many sets with both of Mauro and Bennet on the field with Thomas...that's just pathetic and such a handcuff to our secondary 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I thought he should have used a challenge on Schoen getting hit in the head by Moncrief 

Yeah...head shot there 

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Rose and Houston were also poor, but our two defensive ends primary job is to get after the passer. They have done none of that for some time now. Tonight they were invisible(even after the Riders lost an olineman to injury and had to shuffle their line).

Yup, I was all, "well, maybe we will get some pressure now... wait... now.... hold on a sec... how about aaaaahhhhh ****!"