Orange Team I'd like to see lose this week against Green Team I'd like to see lose Game Thread

rebusrankin

VAJ is so hot and cold ,  I'm not sure why Farhan would X that?    

I had to chuckle at Suitor suggesting that Jones/Bane JR were elite,  that the OC for Saskatchewan is a young up and coming coordinator,  how VAJ is in the talks for MOP,  his love for Save-On Foods.... he was in fine form tonight!  

Riders prevailed but to be quite honest they beat a club that has been 'over-hyped'...'Ol Limpy' aka Vaj, was out limping the green guys but to no avail....It's the Bombers, then the rest in the west, even with Zack on the sidelines....BUT we should not get comfortable with that and never let up.....reaching the top is tough....staying there is another matter....I believe this club still has the talent to win it all....using that talent properly can take us there

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

VAJ played hurt for a half and still managed to throw for 455 yards. He wasn't the problem. The Right Tackle and the turnovers were. 

Consider the opposition. when a one legged qb. can throw for that kind of yardage...To be quite honest what was he still doing in the game and it makes you wonder....a qb. on the limp....a big leak on the o line and he still throws for that kind of yardage....lol....That game shouldn't have been close if the opposition was worthy

I agree...The Lions were over hyped and last several weeks have been slowly coming to earth....Their defense has somewhat been solved....undersized faster dlineman been mitigated by widening out the oline with and extra blocker, and even have just 1 more receiver work more in the box,....and that extra time for the QB has been eviscerating their plan to play man on man....

Factor in a weak oline which was very evident, and you get what you get....a win and a good looking squad when all is going well, but any type of resistance, and adversity....they are hit/miss....not too concerned about them...Totally not concerned about SASK as they a right mess too....First is easily ours as long as we don't have any more head up our butts games

55 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Consider the opposition. when a one legged qb. can throw for that kind of yardage...To be quite honest what was he still doing in the game and it makes you wonder....a qb. on the limp....a big leak on the o line and he still throws for that kind of yardage....lol....That game shouldn't have been close if the opposition was worthy

Evans is out with injury...a limping VAJ is still better than a healthy Davis. 

Vernon Adams is what he is, he’s not the first QB in the CFL to be able to throw his team in and out of football games. There aren’t many QBs I’d take in the league right now over him. Lots of toughness yesterday, although he kind of reminds me of Nik Ehlers the way he’s always being showy about some kind of injury.

Saskatchewan still doesn’t scare me. BC’s D has basically been exposed in the past few weeks, I haven’t really paid much attention to whether they’ve had injuries or what but it doesn’t seem uncommon to hang points on them lately. Dolegala will get figured out, although quietly I do think the Riders have one of the better groups of offensive weapons to surround a QB with in the league right now.

I know they’re not fancy names but Emilus, KSB, Jones and Bane are probably enough to make up a top 3 group of receivers in the league at the moment. Their OL still stinks so badly that it won’t make a huge difference.

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

I agree...The Lions were over hyped and last several weeks have been slowly coming to earth....Their defense has somewhat been solved....undersized faster dlineman been mitigated by widening out the oline with and extra blocker, and even have just 1 more receiver work more in the box,....and that extra time for the QB has been eviscerating their plan to play man on man....

Factor in a weak oline which was very evident, and you get what you get....a win and a good looking squad when all is going well, but any type of resistance, and adversity....they are hit/miss....not too concerned about them...Totally not concerned about SASK as they a right mess too....First is easily ours as long as we don't have any more head up our butts games

not going to quite agree with your last statment.  I think we have a shot at first but it will not be easy. I think we will split with the Riders and still have some tough games left. I agree that the Lions are somewhat over hyped at times. Still we have a lot of work to do in order to finish first. Cautiously optimistic would be the best option IMHO.

Love watching the Mighty Lions become the kitty cats they are. Their media guy Nik K who was more than happy to boast about them being the best in the league earlier this year has been really quiet lately. And while I like the guy, I love that he's eating his words - especially the "Vaj is the best qb in the league" after week 2! lol.

2 minutes ago, BBRT said:

not going to quite agree with your last statment.  I think we have a shot at first but it will not be easy. I think we will split with the Riders and still have some tough games left. I agree that the Lions are somewhat over hyped at times. Still we have a lot of work to do in order to finish first. Cautiously optimistic would be the best option IMHO.

a split with the riders gives us the season series. Which would give us 3 out of 4 series as we have edm and cgy already. Leaving the OCT game against BC to essentially decide 1st.

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Vernon Adams is what he is, he’s not the first QB in the CFL to be able to throw his team in and out of football games. There aren’t many QBs I’d take in the league right now over him. Lots of toughness yesterday, although he kind of reminds me of Nik Ehlers the way he’s always being showy about some kind of injury.

Saskatchewan still doesn’t scare me. BC’s D has basically been exposed in the past few weeks, I haven’t really paid much attention to whether they’ve had injuries or what but it doesn’t seem uncommon to hang points on them lately. Dolegala will get figured out, although quietly I do think the Riders have one of the better groups of offensive weapons to surround a QB with in the league right now.

I know they’re not fancy names but Emilus, KSB, Jones and Bane are probably enough to make up a top 3 group of receivers in the league at the moment. Their OL still stinks so badly that it won’t make a huge difference.

Ya their receivers can make some plays and Dolegala has a big arm to get the ball out there. Doesn't seem that accurate so balls should be ripe for the picking if DBs play back a bit.

5 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Ya their receivers can make some plays and Dolegala has a big arm to get the ball out there. Doesn't seem that accurate so balls should be ripe for the picking if DBs play back a bit.

yeah his deep balls are extremely pickable....and teams will have seen that now, and his accuracy in the intermediate/Mid range is very Fajesque and will get his receiver's killed....He wont take them to the promised land, nor will that O-line, a coupe decent receivers, but when you force feed 2 giys, that will dry up too....and Morrow is not a legit every down back, has too many no gain, or negative game runs to offset maybe 1...2 decent runs a game and isnt good catching ball out of the back field....which is mainly all the Sask offence is...Bubble screens...hitches and short outs, again...not a recipe for success when you need to string 8 to 10 perfect plays just to get in FG range

And BC....got off to the blazing start, but have been solved now more or less, and that undersized defense won't do them any favor's come cold fall games, and playoff football...Plus that O-line is prob Sask level bad, and the Vaj is now getting beat to a pulp....

14 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

That arc he puts on the ball is going to be praised by colour commentators because it “looks” so nice but once they start to realize it’s easy as hell to pick those off, the shine will wear off quick. They were all stunned by how pretty Emilus’ catch was yesterday, but in reality, they overlooked how he was basically playing DB on that ball because it was such an ugly throw.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

That arc he puts on the ball is going to be praised by colour commentators because it “looks” so nice but once they start to realize it’s easy as hell to pick those off, the shine will wear off quick. They were all stunned by how pretty Emilus’ catch was yesterday, but in reality, they overlooked how he was basically playing DB on that ball because it was such an ugly throw.

yeah they actually said a couple were good throws.....polar opposite...Sayles totally whiffed on the TD....pathetic actually....and why I mentioned that he gonna become a picking machine.....teams have seen him now....I bet we get 3 picks in the LDC...one likely going back for 6

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yeah they actually said a couple were good throws.....polar opposite...Sayles totally whiffed on the TD....pathetic actually....and why I mentioned that he gonna become a picking machine.....teams have seen him now....I bet we get 3 picks in the LDC...one likely going back for 6

That pass was something else. 

Looked like he was playing 500 at school. 

That was a 200 ball

The problem with Dolegala is he looks absolutely lost trying to be accurate in the intermediate parts of the field. His stats are going to be largely built by the plays his receivers make for him. If they can win some jump balls, he’ll have nice numbers. If they can’t, it’s going to be ugly. He’s not going to make life easy for them and I’m pretty sure you’ll see the Shawn Bane usage go down like crazy now. 4 catches on 9 targets yesterday is big time yikes and that’s all on Dolegala.