Week (7) of E(l)ks at Bombers

JCon

6 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Keep a solid rotation on the D-Line and keep pressure on against a suspect Winnipeg O-Line .. if they are getting to Zach and not giving him time to deal .. it really doesn't matter who they have in the secondary.

Jones is a rebel!  Bombers figured this out 4 years ago but somehow forgot how well it works.

33 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Last time against BC was at home too.

I don't even care about Kramdi vs Darby.  Darby has been awful this year.  They've favoured Kramdi there going back to the end of last season when he's been healthy, which hasn't been often.  He's only finished a couple games since they traded for Darby back.  I know what my preference would be, and that would be to put Alexander down to SAM permanently and use Darby's cover skills at safety.  They need the physicality in the box.

The OL and DL are both playing terribly and that's where we're going to continue to struggle without changes.  DL has struggled for years without 7-8 dressed.  We have 6 dressed and it's hard to even count Bennett as anything.

Edmonton has a decent DL with some disruptive guys in Ceresna and Ealy.  They will be isolating Neufeld like everyone else has since BC.  Did he magically increase his fitness and willingness to play in the one practice this week?  There's nowhere to hide now, into the second third of the schedule.

Yep I flubbed it. Fixed now. 

agree on Kramdi and Darby. At least Kramdi has shown flashes. Though Parker would make even more sense. 
 Ba and Darby switching could be a great move certainty worth trying imo. 

yeah it’s gonna be a ugly battle in the trenches for us. Desjarlais would’ve been huge to get back. If we had him at G again and Eli at C with Dobson and gray on the roster that’s a wicked deep ol. 

17 minutes ago, JCon said:

200.gif

This is on Buck now to put up 60 points each game, or, at least, call plays that might score points. 

Don’t worry. They are gonna be chucking as deep as the ol allows a lot this game. 

What a piss poor roster. MOS needs a kick in the ass. Walters too.

1. If Cole can't start and you have the use Mauro, you guys screwed up.

2. If an American DE goes down and you have nobody on the PR to replace him, you screwed up.

3. Going with 6 DL, what the ****?

4. No changes to the oline. So when Zac gets hurt and we're screwed for this year, what cliche will MOS trot out?

1 hour ago, Booch said:

then he should have been immediately put on the 1 game...or back on 6 to take his salary off the books...that argument has no weight or value...and if we paying him on the books knowing he not ready..thats even more pathetic

Wilson and Rose are on the 1 game injured list. 

I absolutely don't like or understand the defensive roster........ but Jesus Christ, I'm not hoping for Edmonton to win just to prove a point. We spent enough time in the dark ages begging for wins. I'll take 'em no matter what the roster is. Just find a way to win, by any means necessary..... even with a sub par use of roster. Also think there's a LOT going on behind the scenes that we don't know about and would likely explain some of the more curious decisions. 

Just now, Noeller said:

I absolutely don't like or understand the defensive roster........ but Jesus Christ, I'm not hoping for Edmonton to win just to prove a point. We spent enough time in the dark ages begging for wins. I'll take 'em no matter what the roster is. Just find a way to win, by any means necessary..... even with a sub par use of roster. Also think there's a LOT going on behind the scenes that we don't know about and would likely explain some of the more curious decisions. 

Times like these - even the best contributors around here can get a little frustrated. I check in much less regularly because I know they are speaking out of frustration but it does fire me up 😂

I think all this adversity will lead to us being at our best come the playoffs. Mid season 2019 people were piling dirt and m this team. 

I don’t care where we finish - just want to get into the playoffs and be firing at top form. Things will sort themselves out from there. 

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

What a piss poor roster. MOS needs a kick in the ass. Walters too.

1. If Cole can't start and you have the use Mauro, you guys screwed up.

2. If an American DE goes down and you have nobody on the PR to replace him, you screwed up.

3. Going with 6 DL, what the ****?

4. No changes to the oline. So when Zac gets hurt and we're screwed for this year, what cliche will MOS trot out?

I see no reason why Cole couldn’t start. He’s clearly got an extremely high football IQ, motor, and tremendous athleticism. He’s tough as nails and really sells out the body to make plays happen for other guys. The only issue I could see is him possibly doing too much with teams and D but take him off teams or use him sparingly. 
 Our cover team has been drastically better with the guys walters brought in. When Hansen and the goat are back we probably have the best cover team in the league. 

Man if Zach gets hurt for real, again behind this ol things are gonna get real ugly real fast in bomberville. We would solidly be the 2nd worst team in the league with out Zach. 

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I see no reason why Cole couldn’t start. He’s clearly got an extremely high football IQ, motor, and tremendous athleticism. He’s tough as nails and really sells out the body to make plays happen for other guys. The only issue I could see is him possibly doing too much with teams and D but take him off teams or use him sparingly. 
 Our cover team has been drastically better with the guys walters brought in. When Hansen and the goat are back we probably have the best cover team in the league. 

Man if Zach gets hurt for real, again behind this ol things are gonna get real ugly real fast in bomberville. We would solidly be the 2nd worst team in the league with out Zach. 

I see no reason why Cole can't start, so why isn't he?

No doubt the roster is super frustrating to try and puzzle out.  If we were 6-0 or 5-1, playing the Elks at home and heading into a bye week, I could understand some of it… but the quality and inconsistency of play has all of us wanting to see meaningful changes.  Now it just looks like the coaching staff is just trying to survive until the break.

29 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

One of the things we need to turn around is Alexander playing like Alexander. 

He has not looked like his old self. I’m not sure what the reason is - but he isn’t around the ball like he used to be. 

B.A. has lost a step, he didn't come into the league as a heavy hitter but much like Mo Leggett he's moved in that direction, I would prefer he focus more on coverage and good tackling and less on punishment.  I think Holm could become an excellent Safety eventually, he has the mobility and speed to cover the field well but doesn't carry a very big stick. The Als Dequoy can do it all and looks to be the best Safety in the league right now.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I keep asking you this but I’ll ask again. What magical behind the scenes stuff do you think is going on that prevents us from signing competent players to the practice roster? 

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

B.A. has lost a step, he didn't come into the league as a heavy hitter but much like Mo Leggett he's moved in that direction, I would prefer he focus more on coverage and good tackling and less on punishment.  I think Holm could become an excellent Safety eventually, he has the mobility and speed to cover the field well but doesn't carry a very big stick. The Als Dequoy can do it all and looks to be the best Safety in the league right now.

I’m not sure he has lost a step necessarily- but he isn’t playing to the level we have come to expect. 

I totally agree about going for big hits over good tackling/wrapping up. 

Edited by Geebrr

Looking at and pondering the questionable line-up, I'm wondering what the hell gives....Are we deliberately weakening ourselves to come down to the level of the weaker opposition.....Are we the becoming the catalyst for parity in the league??? Miller must be squirming a bit when he sees what appears to be incompetent roster management and should request a meeting with OSH ...IF we lose to that scruff tomorrow night, red flags will be popping up all over the place...I'm hoping Lawler's presence will be enough of a lift to carry us tomorrow.....otherwise I don't like what's coming down the road

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, there's a lot of "yikes" on that roster. I just don't understand not rostering Kyrie Wilson when Clements is injured. That seems like a natural move, unless he's just not game-ready yet. Count me as also terrified of gifting the LOLKs their first win in forever...

gotta think that Wilson must not be ready yet

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

totally agree with this

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I see no reason why Cole can't start, so why isn't he?

Because our roster management is about as good as discipline is on a Craig Dickinson team. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I’m not sure he has lost a step necessarily- but he isn’t playing to the level we have come to expect. 

I totally agree about going for big hits over good tackling/wrapping up. 

It’s hard to evaluate the source of the issue. But I think a lot more people will have eyes on ba for a bit. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Because our roster management is about as good as discipline is on a Craig Dickinson team. 

You would think ..like other teams that with injury, your backup LB who been on teams would fill in....not here...Hey guy who been here for yrs as strictly a ST guy ....you giver...u earned it, while the more talented guy who hasnt been in due to ratio but puts his body out there every game on teams....gets bypassed