Week (7) of E(l)ks at Bombers

JCon

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He was huge here in 21 for making big plays on second down. That 20-25 yard deep out and the shallow sting concept was money. 

He's also money right up thru the safety down the middle of the field for deep and intermediate shots....I bet we see a total different look to the offence now he back...U have to remember we prob had a huge install of plays based on him out there, and it's had to been shelved...till now....

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

He's also money right up thru the safety down the middle of the field for deep and intermediate shots....I bet we see a total different look to the offence now he back...U have to remember we prob had a huge install of plays based on him out there, and it's had to been shelved...till now....

Yeah, it’s a big deal having him back. It will allow roadhouse to be more of a run open catch and run guy. He’s good at 50/50 but lawler is the best at it. Same with Sheed. 
 I bet we see a huge difference in average gain on second down, and completion % on passes 15 or deeper. 

Lawler back will totally open things up for Sheed and Schoen....U know that DC's game plans will have 2 guys go to Lawler especially out of the waggle when he looks to be running anything with depth thru tje center of the filed for a post...fade...or go....and thats gonna open up a hell of a lot of room for those guys...and oh yeah...there is still Demski to deal with under neath...or when they are pulling guys out on deep shots....will be interesting what Buck draws up now, and almost makes me think we have been playing coy the last few weeks, cause the team knew this was gonna be wrapped up for this week.

You have to know that if they use Lawler and Schoen in intermediate and deep routes...theres is gonna be acreage available in the area 20 yards outside line of scrimmage...who is gonna hold their safety in to take that awayand allow both those guys to roam free one on one down the field....2 guys who are proven deep threats and yac machines?...

Edited by Booch

12 hours ago, Tracker said:

I don't give a spit about who Lawler replaces, if this comes to pass. We need to fix the goddam o-line or everything goes for poop. I did not like Buck's playcalling for most of the second half, but if Collaros keeps getting sacked, not only will we lose the next game but also his services for the rest of the season. If Walters hasn't called O'Shea in on the carpet or O'Shea hasn't blistered Pierce and Hall, we are going to have repeat performances.

This.  100% this.

I love that Lawler is back and agree that he should not only provide a bit of a safety blanket for Collaros but will help open things up for others .. that said, his insertion into the lineup means sweet **** all if we can't give our QB time and keep him upright.  

We shortened a great quarterback's career by not protecting him property (Khari) I do not want to see the same thing happening to Zach.

we are slowly and quietly slipping back to full health, and will have some options and decisions to make.....and some these returning guys are gonna put some fire back in some of th bellies where it may have need a bit of stoking

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

Poor Nyles Morgan. Can’t believe he’s out with a chest, I had one of those once, I barely recovered. 

at least it not that pesky thorax...I heard there has been a rash of them lately