Bombers @ redblacks GDT - Week 6

I am speechless. Or close... I will say found it weird (at the time) decision for O’Shea to run the ball on 2nd and 7 giving them the ball with 1:24 on clock. Looks like terrible judgment now. 

Also, after the game... Doug Brown had the temerity to suggest the loss was deflating. O'Shea's response? “It’s NOT deflating! I don't think anyone’s ‘deflated’”…with tone.

This is what drives me nuts about coach. Love him for the two cups but, yikes, not deflating? Please...don't insult fans' intelligence.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I take back what I said about us being third. Depending on what happens tonight, we might better be ranked 5th behind the Riders and the Als. We look like ****.

Did Agudosi play a single snap?

I nguess they wanted McCrae on full time so then why dress Agudosi?

1 minute ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

I am speechless. Or close... I will say found it weird (at the time) decision for O’Shea to run the ball on 2nd and 7 giving them the ball with 1:24 on clock. Looks like terrible judgment now. 

Also, after the game... Doug Brown had the temerity to suggest the loss was deflating. O'Shea's response? “It’s NOT deflating! I don't think anyone’s ‘deflated’”…with tone.

This is what drives me nuts about coach. Love him for the two cups but, yikes, not deflating? Please...don't insult fans' intelligence.

Yeah hate those calls.  You have Collaros.  You need one play to end the game, 2nd and 7.  You go for that.  You don't give them the ball back without giving Collaros the shot to make the play.

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

I can’t stand it. It’s going to be his undoing.

O’Shea is a great coach but stuff like this .. as they turn over the core group .. it’s going to be costly from a credibility standpoint.

Not maximizing the potential of the roster .. giving players too much rope to hang themselves with .. bad losses.  

It’s not a good look.

Just now, voodoochylde said:

O’Shea is a great coach but stuff like this .. as they turn over the core group .. it’s going to be costly from a credibility standpoint.

Not maximizing the potential of the roster .. giving players too much rope to hang themselves with .. bad losses.  It’s not a good look.

Nothing they have done this year is going to be a good look for player recruitment going forward.

It’s become an old boys club. 

2 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Not maximizing the potential of the roster .. giving players too much rope to hang themselves with .. bad losses.  It’s not a good look.

And really we should be doing some of that while you have Collaros to save your bacon too.

If you turn over one OL each year for 3 years...Neufeld immediately, Bryant and Hardrick sooner than later...you're in good shape.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Nothing they have done this year is going to be a good look for player recruitment going forward.

The 2000s Argos.  At least we've already won more.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

There's that, and there's being disciplined on pass rush too.

Way too much just blind run or push up field while letting guy escape.

Our main competition to get to the Grey Cup is a mobile QB too.  Better master this.

Handful of snaps.

Would be fine with more in the secondary and maybe take punts off McCrae's plate.

I didn't see him at all...but could be wrong

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

I didn't see him at all...but could be wrong

I'd bet Buck had his install ready before they even decided Agudosi would dress over one of the DB's.

They gotta make way better use of guys.  Bailey in that category too.  He's not a great downfield 50-50 route guy and somehow he's getting 2-3 balls a game there with no chance to win them.

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Maybe re signing Couture and letting Neufeld and Kolo go would have been a better decision

Can’t do anything about Goossen’s retirement but letting Couture walk and relying on an emergency replacement Kolankowski is looking really bad, especially with Tui Eli standing on the sidelines 

24 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Bennett on the field with no Jeffcoat or Haba on the Ottawa tying drive.

And on for the winning drive too. Bennett had more snaps than haba by a lot. 

9 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Maybe re signing Couture and letting Neufeld and Kolo go would have been a better decision

Eli and Dobson are turn key and cheaper. 

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

Why would a guy want to come in not to play no matter how well they do? Cutting the legs out from under the front office and the team. 

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

And on for the winning drive too. Bennett had more snaps than haba by a lot. 

Eli and Dobson are turn key and cheaper. 

Why would a guy want to come in not to play no matter how well they do? Cutting the legs out from under the front office and the team. 

Briggs was chasing Crum on the tying TD too, with no one in the middle. 

**** you Bombers, the moment I saw Willie take that dumb offside on 3rd down and seeing how checked out the Bombers were thinking they had it in the bag. 

So many players just completely took the foot off the pedal and played with such little effort in the 2nd half.  Worst loss I've ever seen and that includes Burke and Reinbold eras. Somebody on the sidelines need to kick these guys asses when they are winning to wake them up.

Nobody at all can ever say the 2023 Blue Bombers are the cream of the crop of this league. This loss will forever haunt them. BC and the Argos will have to be favored for the cup. 

Losing and making Crum look like Flutie is so embarrassing.

Shameful. 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Briggs was chasing Crum on the tying TD too, with no one in the middle. 

SAM and safety back in the endzone, nice play by Ottawa, slow read by those guys.  Bighill has to get to outside shoulder to turn Crum in and no one there to rally.  DL way undisciplined on that one as most of the half.

I'm not a fan of Darby this season.  He's getting beaten like a drum against the teams with mobile QBs.  We have to beat BC to get to the Grey Cup so we need to prep a lot more for that.