Bombers @ redblacks GDT - Week 6

Okay try this one for size...

Tui Eli was considered a 'steal of the draft' because prior to his college injury he was twice listed on the watchlist for the Rimington Trophy, awarded every year to the NCAA top center.

How, you may ask yourself, do they determine these rankings? PFF? Couldn't be...

"Trophy committee(s) work...with Pro Football Focus (PFF) to narrow down its list to the top 40 centers. PFF grades every player on every play of every game on how well they execute their given assignment. That play-by-play grading allowed the Trophy committee to create a watchlist based both on nominations from the schools and data provided by PFF. Once the season begins, schools will be able to nominate their centers for late addition based on in-season merit."

13 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

yeah PFF ranked the MTL oline #1 on a week they gave up like 6 or 7 sacks.

Not one to defend PFF and their mysterious performance criteria, but Mr. Fajardo has the quick release of a stoned Galapagos tortoise and has exhibits a tendency to hold the onto ball longer than her Majesty The Queen clinged to the British Throne. He will always make his Oline look worse than they are. He'd get sacked behind a brick wall covered in razor wire before he there the ball.

32 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

yeah PFF ranked the MTL oline #1 on a week they gave up like 6 or 7 sacks.

Call me a skeptic... I'd love to know where this comes from. I'm not outright disputing you, I just can't find this anywhere (and I'm obviously interested so I've looked):

In week 1, MTL gave up 6 sacks. The MTL offense collectively scored barely 3rd place (65.8), well behind 1st and 2nd place WPG (78.3) and BC (72.0) in a week where offense was very low across the league.

In week 5, MTL gave up 7 sacks. The MTL offense collectively scored dead last in PFF rankings (62.3)

These are the only weeks MTL gave up 6 or 7 sacks (so far haha)

Not sure which of these 2 weeks the MTL oline was ranked #1 but I'm genuinely interested if you are able to point me the right direction.

3 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Not one to defend PFF and their mysterious performance criteria, but Mr. Fajardo has the quick release of a stoned Galapagos tortoise and has exhibits a tendency to hold the onto ball longer than her Majesty The Queen clinged to the British Throne. He will always make his Oline look worse than they are. He'd get sacked behind a brick wall covered in razor wire before he there the ball.

This reads like a stream of consciousness from a poorman's Guillermo Del Toro's LSD trip...

Oh ease up there @Pepper_Brooks, I enjoy your posts- i like weird.

😁

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

31 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Call me a skeptic... I'd love to know where this comes from. I'm not outright disputing you, I just can't find this anywhere (and I'm obviously interested so I've looked):

In week 1, MTL gave up 6 sacks. The MTL offense collectively scored barely 3rd place (65.8), well behind 1st and 2nd place WPG (78.3) and BC (72.0) in a week where offense was very low across the league.

In week 5, MTL gave up 7 sacks. The MTL offense collectively scored dead last in PFF rankings (62.3)

These are the only weeks MTL gave up 6 or 7 sacks (so far haha)

Not sure which of these 2 weeks the MTL oline was ranked #1 but I'm genuinely interested if you are able to point me the right direction.

Yeah I must have misread something somewhere...Cause looking at the PFF rankings it's not lining up. My bad.