Bombers @ redblacks GDT - Week 6

The ALLCAPS' use of the Nationalized American puzzles me. Looks like they have 5 Designated Canadians on defense but only Wakefield as a Nationalized American and he's also listed as a Designated American. My head is spinning, and I've only covered three of the six categories of player on the roster (in addition to Canadians, Globals, and players with Quarterback passports)! CFL needs to clean up these overly complex roster rules.

1 hour ago, kschach said:

The ALLCAPS' use of the Nationalized American puzzles me. Looks like they have 5 Designated Canadians on defense but only Wakefield as a Nationalized American and he's also listed as a Designated American. My head is spinning, and I've only covered three of the six categories of player on the roster (in addition to Canadians, Globals, and players with Quarterback passports)! CFL needs to clean up these overly complex roster rules.

He can sub in 22 snaps total for any of those Canadians who are only tied to one starting spot on D.  And he can sub in unlimited for any American player.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

He can sub in 22 snaps total for any of those Canadians who are only tied to one starting spot on D.  And he can sub in unlimited for any American player.

That makes sense, thanks! I understood the subbing for Canadians part but was puzzled why they used the DA on him too. But I guess that's because they have him behind a Global rather than another American

11 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Unfortunately I’m going to miss the game today. Flew out Thursday night to Kamloops to buy a vehicle and doing a little cross country trip. Currently in swift current Saskatchewan and seeing a lot of green 🤢

Stop at every Sask gas station and ask if they sell Bomber stuff. They love that.

28 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Unfortunately I’m going to miss the game today. Flew out Thursday night to Kamloops to buy a vehicle and doing a little cross country trip. Currently in swift current Saskatchewan and seeing a lot of green 🤢

Driving cross country listening in ob isn’t bad. Better than a bomber riders game being called by suitor lol. 

For me this weekend it is the perfect start time. Need it to be over quick so I can head in to the city, grab a quick bite and then visit with one of two families from Sask I will admit to being friends with. They brought their boys to town to play lacrosse, I may even have to cheer for the green team(will wear some Bomber gear just to prevent the lightning strike though). 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Driving cross country listening in ob isn’t bad. Better than a bomber riders game being called by suitor lol. 

The worst experience I ever had was being in the US for Labour Day 2012. The only feed on Sirius we could get was the Rider hone broadcast. Distinct memories of needing to stop at a rest stop to puke listening to that debacle. 

1 hour ago, kschach said:

That makes sense, thanks! I understood the subbing for Canadians part but was puzzled why they used the DA on him too. But I guess that's because they have him behind a Global rather than another American

Generally all the Americans who aren't starters on D or O are designated Americans (used to be imports) if nationalized or not.