Bombers @ redblacks GDT - Week 6

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Nice guy coaches tend to have a limited half life. Once things get to the point where old Guys are long in the tooth and short on performance either the nice guy has to be put away or things will get much worse quickly. That made don Mathew’s career. Easy weeks as long as you win. Underperform and the don shows up and kicks some ass. 

I would have the team in for as much practice and film as the cba allows this week. And I would have the vets in pads and on the side line. Make them watch while young guys take their spot. One vet I’d cut right now, three Id bench for sure vs edm no matter how the young guys practice. One young guy I’d send to the pr and another vet or two would be in real risk of going home. 

Which is fine. If some one else will be the bad cop. Miller or walters should walk into that locker room tear some guys new ass holes. 

Coaches included

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I just can't see him changing. Maybe the one thing the team needs is to cut a long term veteran to send a message. But I doubt he does that. He'll sink or swim with the team he has.

He has guys he could put in..if anything to see if it gives a spark or changes the tide...but he doesn't until it's real bad...or his ass is on the line...one example... Nichols 

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The D needed one more stop., they made stops  The O needed to do anything.  The O didn't pick up the team at all.  And like you said that's where the money is.  Like drive to the 45 yard line once and let Castillo kick for 3 anytime in a quarter and a half --> GAME OVER

Both units needed to do more. They didn't. So, we're arguing semantics. Piss poor effort all around. On O, on D & with coaching.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Coaches included

He has guys he could put in..if anything to see if it gives a spark or changes the tide...but he doesn't until it's real bad...or his ass is on the line...one example... Nichols 

Osh's ass isn't on the line. He'll decide when it's time to leave. And when he does, he'll pick & choose where he goes.

1. I hope we see an OL change this week, be it Eli for Kolo or Dobson for Neufeld or both.

2. Why the heck are you using Briggs if Clements is hurt? Play Cole and if he can't contribute on D, replace him.

3. Why was Anthony Bennett is so much? I could contribute as much and I'm 46.

4. What happened to Buck and his playcalling ability? 

25 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Crum: Twenty yards passing first half. Two hundred 221 yards passing second half. Zero yards running 1st half. & 94 yards rushing in the second half. Still, we needed just one stop defensively & we'd have won. We didn't get it. Nah, defense was stellar. So, we have issues on both sides of the ball. Ottawa won their Grey Cup today.

They got 2 stops on 3rd downs. The O put up zero points after them.

If I have your DA lb on roster who u have no intent or faith in using as a backup...and have to use inferior canadian foot soldier...or you use the long tenured foot soldier cause...he's long tenured and u feel u owe it to those players cause u a 'nice' guy...then that's piss poor roster management any way u slice it...no ifs and or buts...and it happens around here way too.often just like the sitting on a lead and playing safe...no excuses for it

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Was Jeffcoat on the field on that game winning run in OT?

Don't think so..we had 3 slugs out there I saw

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Both units needed to do more. They didn't. So, we're arguing semantics. Piss poor effort all around. On O, on D & with coaching.

Exactly. Biggest issues were in the trenches...both sides. It might be a good thing that they didn't pull out a win. Time to hunker down and do what needs to be done.

Just now, Mark H. said:

Exactly. Biggest issues were in the trenches...both sides. It might be a good thing that they didn't pull out a win. Time hunker down and do what needs to be done.

Yup...2 embarrassing displays should shake the foundations...another eaked out win would just let this wound fester 

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

If I have your DA lb on roster who u have no intent or faith in using as a backup...and have to use inferior canadian foot soldier...or you use the long tenured foot soldier cause...he's long tenured and u feel u owe it to those players cause u a 'nice' guy...then that's piss poor roster management any way u slice it...no ifs and or buts...and it happens around here way too.often just like the sitting on a lead and playing safe...no excuses for it

maybe injured again. Otherwise no excuse for him to be on the bench.

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

Even if you want Briggs in at WIL then you have the opportunity to get that cheetah pack out there on the DL without having to plug Thomas in.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I didn't have issues with scheme on D.  Kind of half rewatching now.  Such poor execution, just sloppy really.  I'm up over a dozen missed tackles on Crum behind the line of scrimmage and that's not even including all the times the ends overrun the pocket.  Ends just bolting straight up field leaving huge gaps for Crum.  As the guy gained confidence he sees more and more of the opportunities to move around.  Keep that guy in the pocket, keep VAJ in the pocket, no chance they can beat anyone.  Yeah it might take you 5 seconds to get a sack instead of 2, but you give those guys no chance to do anything because they won't be beating anyone from the pocket with their arm.

You are a brave soul to rewatch this one

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

maybe injured again. Otherwise no excuse for him to be on the bench.

No he wasn't injured...hence to complaining about roster use...yet again...as Much as Osh likes to preach that "they are all #1's)...they are not...and he needs to park that notion somewhere else...it's complete b.s

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

Thomas should not even be in heavy rotation no more..Bennett shouldn't even be rostered..we should be doing more sets with all 3 import ends too

Yeah. Trade for kongbo and have him rotate with Lawson as the ni. Jake is past it. Kola never had it. Neuf is past it. We got some other long in the tooth vets too but not as bad. Bennett should sit pr till next tc. He needs a big step forward to be a cfl player. 

What’s really sick is this team has been punched in the mouth hard twice in 6 games and folded up like a cheap lawn chair in a hurricane. Just like the grey cup. 
 I could be fine with us just being old and stores bare after the run. But for a team this talented to be this flat, fat, lazy, and sassy is a piss off. 

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

2 dropped TDs as well.  

Yeah. And some ab normal misses with accuracy from Zach. The accuracy is likely a cause from the sacks and hits. The drops idk. This group shouldn’t drop many like that.

we found ways to lose this game. All of the ways. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Maybe we need to change our perspective. I pvr'd the Rider game & just saw harris go down. At least we still have Zach & as long as do we have a chance to win the Grey Cup. Hope Trevor Harris can come back from this one.

But we don’t know how healthy Zach is, and if the ol isn’t changed fast we probably won’t have Zach healthy when we need him, again. 

Thankfully it's a long season so I'm hoping that adjustments can be made. The Stamps knocking off the Green Guys was all right, too. (I only watched the fourth quarter of that one and, it was exciting.) Both results were good for the league in general and hopefully there were a few American eyes watching on whatever network carries the games (CBS Sports?).

From the conversation above and previous, it seems to me that the Bombers' Canuck talent in certain positions is a little less than ideal....interior of both lines and at LB. I did see Neufeld get beaten badly a few times; I've never been sold on Gray; and I've read on this forum that some think that our current C isn't all that great. As for Canadian LBs, Briggs and Gauthier (is he injured?) are way too slow. Perhaps, they're good STers but I used to cringe whenever they came in on D, Gauthier in particular.

Still plenty of season to go. Aside from Edmonton (Can Jones fire himself....please), the West should be very entertaining this year.

Go Blue Go!