Tigercats at Elks July 13

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

We say BMO looks bad on TV - but giant empty CW is not really any better visually. 

I called the elks today because my wife bought 5 full priced tickets for the August 10th game and my wife didn’t realize kids under 12 get in free(we bought for 3 kids).  I was hoping to get an extra ticket or two to bring some of their friends…the lady offered me 20 tickets for free.  She said they’ve been told to fill seats by any means necessary and could care less about people even paying.  

It's a crisis... but it's the CFL and rebuilds can be done in a year.

Elks need to have a cold, heartless, top-down look at how to hit ctrl-alt-del on this mess.

(And if they were in the East, they might've even got a partial rebuild from August castoffs and still had a shot at the final playoff spot... No hope of that with them looking nailed-on for 5th)

Yeah...they gotta bite the bullet and get Jones out of there...I feel for the players there..it's gotta be so tough on them

And I think this may have been the final nail..seeing Jones losing his mind on players on the sidelines like he was...is the point where he just lost his room...and his players will effectively just tune him out now and not give 2 effs

2 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Remember, Jones signed multiple one year contracts so the LOLks would only be on the hook for this season.

Source? If so then that changes things.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

It's a crisis... but it's the CFL and rebuilds can be done in a year.

Elks need to have a cold, heartless, top-down look at how to hit ctrl-alt-del on this mess.

(And if they were in the East, they might've even got a partial rebuild from August castoffs and still had a shot at the final playoff spot... No hope of that with them looking nailed-on for 5th)

You need a QB or you have no chance. They have no QB. Until then it isn’t happening.

For all the problems that Edmonton offense has that defense is trash too.

Special teams and D tackling atrocious.  Guys letting guys go at the sideline, attacking outside shoulder and letting guys back into the field who then run for 20 more yards.

There’s no strong part of that team other than maybe the running backs and Dunbar.

10 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Elks receivers are not helping Cornelius, I'm not sure if it's intentional or not. 

I disagree with that.  The guy throws every ball to the wrong shoulder.  He’s going to get everyone injured.  Immediate difference with Doege out there who is a guy fresh out of college.

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

Fwiw, Farhan figures the LOLks can get by the rest of the year with Geroy as GM and bumping up assistants in the coaching ranks. Gotta get the Jones stink outta there fast.

If Geroy will take over the Elks GM job (whether for the duration of this year and/or onwards), I think he will have a good shot of luring Buck Pierce as Elks next HC next year and possibly Dru Brown in tow. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

5 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

If Geroy will take over the Elks GM job (whether for the duration of this year and/or onwards), I think he will have a good shot of luring Buck Pierce as Elks next HC next year and possibly Dru Brown in tow. 

If the Bombers continue to have success this year... Buck will likely be a hot coaching candidate again.... he said last off-season he wanted the right opportunity... so maybe with Cui running the show, his pal Geory as the GM, and a storied franchise to tag along to... it might be the right opportunity for him. 

Edited by bearpants

Brutal coaching........you have to feel sorry for the players and the faithful fans that are toughing it out in this environment......Something has to give .....20 consecutive losses at home would be hard for anyone to stomach.....Jones has to get the gate and bring in a hardnosed competent type that can turn this thing around....pathetic