Bombers vs Stamps - Friday night football

13 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Bombers are tied with Argos for lead in touchdowns scored (Argos have had a bye already).  

Oliviera leading league in yards from scrimmage by like 100 yards over Schoen.  Only guys close in yards per game are Mills from Calgary and Tuggle from Ottawa.

Bombers (19), Argos (19), Ticats (6 LOL), Elks (6 LOL) haven't missed a field goal or PAT.

Thus far the placekickers with the lowest percentage are Paredes and Lauther.

I swear we missed a PAT this year.

12 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Bombers are tied with Argos for lead in touchdowns scored (Argos have had a bye already).  

Oliviera leading league in yards from scrimmage by like 100 yards over Schoen.  Only guys close in yards per game are Mills from Calgary and Tuggle from Ottawa.

Bombers (19), Argos (19), Ticats (6 LOL), Elks (6 LOL) haven't missed a field goal or PAT.

Calgary defence has given up a lot of rushing yards. Just hand Oliveira the rock and pound 'em. Also, Calgary has already given up one punt return TD and they've given up a ton of return yards. We can 100% expect Janarion Grant to entertain us against team Dickheadson. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

so whats the purpose of the Designated National...I see we have WOLI and BOLO as that....

I recall seeing something, but don’t remember the specifics on it. Think in our scenario, Grant can come in for McCrae, who can then come in for Woli or BOLO…these new designations are confusing no matter how they spell them out for us. I’ll see if I can find where I saw this breakdown

2 minutes ago, B140 said:

I recall seeing something, but don’t remember the specifics on it. Think in our scenario, Grant can come in for McCrae, who can then come in for Woli or BOLO…these new designations are confusing no matter how they spell them out for us. I’ll see if I can find where I saw this breakdown

https://3downnation.com/2023/06/07/opinion-new-cfl-roster-rules-make-mockery-of-the-game/

markonfootball   @Markonfootball
ROSTER ANALYSIS:  Quite the shake up in the Stampeders receiver group! Reggie Begelton is back, Marken Michel and Floyd Allen have been added.  However, two stalwarts, Malik Henry and Peyton Logan go to the six-game list.  Change on the offensive line as Bryce Bell move to LT

Add: Receivers: Michel, Allen, Begelton 
Defensive backs: Statz, Charles 
Running Back: Bellamy 
Offensive line: Thornton, Campbell 
Linebacker: Wall

Remove from Roster:
To 6-Game: Malik Henry, Peyton Logan
To 1-Game: Luther Hakunavanhu, Caleb Benenoch, Cole Tucker
To Practice Roster: Natrell Jamerson, Tae Daley, Perry Young, Dante Demery

47 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

ROSTER ANALYSIS:  Quite the shake up in the Stampeders receiver group! Reggie Begelton is back, Marken Michel and Floyd Allen have been added.  However, two stalwarts, Malik Henry and Peyton Logan go to the six-game list.  Change on the offensive line as Bryce Bell move to LT

Remove from Roster:

That’s an awful lot of change. 

49 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Remove from Roster:

A whole YAC receiving crew.  Need to make tackles.  Allen is built like a running back.

Stamps are definitely a better football team this week than they were last week, but I still don't know about Maier. However, i said that about VAJ :(

Still like the look of our roster, overall, a lot more than theirs. Especially on D. I think we'll be alright.

Edited by Noeller

yeah...I stick to my thought if Maier can get it together and gain some confidence and actually push the ball down the field then I see them as the team to challenge us.

Our roster as well is starting to shape up....once we get healthy, and hopefully stay healthy, we will be sitting pretty good.

With Exume now added, and the return of Miller and Hansen to the ST we will be infinitely better...Lawler added to the offence is a no brainer...and will be scary, and If Wilson gets back to 2021 form quickly...Jeffcoat stays out of tub and Haba and Lawson get more reps and experience....we be pretty tough....and thats still with figuring out to do with DB's when Rose, Parker and Lawrence are healthy....Cause as it is if Swarmay keeps getting better, and used to the CFL game,...and Houston plays like we seen, we will have a lot of options to play with when we also have Holm and Muhamed...and I bet Ford too at some point

Bonfire Sports yesterday guest Calgary sports writer danny austin quoted Bo Levi Smith "don't worry about Maier he will be fine"

something like that.

he listed stamps qb history

flutie, garcia, burris, dickensen, Bo.

nice run.

Edited by Mark F

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Apparently Schoen is ahead of last years pace for receptions, after 4 games 20/325 yds. 16.3 yds. avg. 2 TD's.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Stamps are definitely a better football team this week than they were last week, but I still don't know about Maier. However, i said that about VAJ :(

Still like the look of our roster, overall, a lot more than theirs. Especially on D. I think we'll be alright.

Maier is too fat. 
We’ll be fine. 

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Bonfire Sports yesterday guest Calgary sports writer danny austin quoted Bo Levi Smith "don't worry about Maier he will be fine"

something like that.

he listed stamps qb history

flutie, garcia, burris, dickensen, Bo.

nice run.

All good things must come to an end. They had a huge gap between Garcia and Burris too. The Argos had as impressive a streak that was broken twice. 

maier has shown some good stuff but not capitalized and seized a job. Like Dane with out the big stage choking. Only thing to do is wait and see how he pans out. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

All good things must come to an end. They had a huge gap between Garcia and Burris too. The Argos had as impressive a streak that was broken twice. 

maier has shown some good stuff but not capitalized and seized a job. Like Dane with out the big stage choking. Only thing to do is wait and see how he pans out. 

Dickenson was before Burris was a starter there too.  Burris did start there as a third stringer before he signed with Sask.

Maier is a classic NFL quarterback prospect- tall and over 200 pounds, reasonably fast in open field, but does not seem to be quick in reacting or running. Has shown a decent arm but looks to be confused too often and hesitates.