Bombers @ LOL’ouettes GDT Week 4

Geebrr

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I love the global program, though I’d like to see it grow to more than just kickers and punters. 

Meh, let the Globals actually earn a spot the same as Americans. They should be good enough to truly beat out an American player. Otherwise, I really don't care if they play in the CFL or not. If a global punter can come over here & beat out his opposition then that's great. Otherwise, don't care. 

I will say this, I went to the Stamps-Riders game last weekend. I'd never seen Cody Grace punt live. man, does that guy have a strong leg. He was booming them over 50 yards each time pinning the Riders back. Not only distance but towering punts as well giving his cover team down to get downfield to prevent any big returns. Not bad as a directional punter either but definitely his leg strength was a true asset for the Stamps D. The guy is a Global punter from Australia like Sheehan from the Bombers. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Dimwit Usher said it all at halftime..have to play more dirty...nuff said

I totally forgot  to also mention how Usher is a complete clown and would totally fit in with the 2022 Riders team.    Guy show boating when they were down by 2 scores and not doing well at all.   He was an idiot. 

51 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I totally forgot  to also mention how Usher is a complete clown and would totally fit in with the 2022 Riders team.    Guy show boating when they were down by 2 scores and not doing well at all.   He was an idiot. 

Still is. Leopards, spots and all that.

5 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Ever since Brady realized he belonged last year he has been one of if not the best back league with little or no fan fair

That's his running style. Lunch bucket & powerful back. He 's the working man's running back. Nothing fancy. Hits the hole & runs hard. But you can see that he's maturing as a back. He sees the holes much better & has really improved upon his blocking. The Bombers made the right choice to let Andrew Harris walk as a free agent. 

Been really busy so haven't been able to check in as much... where's dod? Odds n sods and gin and what not. Have I been missing it? I appreciate the post game segments , hh , odds, etc

Someone on here was doing a full week's worth of coaches comments and news. That was great. Which reminds me where is the anonymous segment on 3downnation.com 

Edited by CodyT

5 hours ago, CodyT said:

Been really busy so haven't been able to check in as much... where's dod? Odds n sods and gin and what not. Have I been missing it? I appreciate the post game segments , hh , odds, etc

Someone on here was doing a full week's worth of coaches comments and news. That was great. Which reminds me where is the anonymous segment on 3downnation.com 

Said some thing about medical issues. Guess he’s on the 6 game too. Hopefully he’s better soon. 
 They haven’t done it yet this year. And didn’t do it each week last year. It sucks that was their best piece by a lot. 

Two questions (unsure if mentioned):

Has anyone rewatched the game to isolate Bighill? I don’t remember him making any tackles. His absence was also noticeable during Mont’s. short yardage/fumble that yielded a 1st down. How much did he actually play?

Was the first offensive play from scrimmage a called run by ZC or a miscue? If called, that has to be a first. 

2 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

His absence was also noticeable during Mont’s. short yardage/fumble that yielded a 1st down.

How so? Faj dropped the ball on the snap, bighill goes over the top usually on short yardage so the botched snap nullifies all that anyway. That was luck for the als that the ball came back to faj.

54 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Two questions (unsure if mentioned):

Has anyone rewatched the game to isolate Bighill? I don’t remember him making any tackles. His absence was also noticeable during Mont’s. short yardage/fumble that yielded a 1st down. How much did he actually play?

Was the first offensive play from scrimmage a called run by ZC or a miscue? If called, that has to be a first. 

He played full game....was more doing deeper drops....came off the edge quite often too...he played fine with what his role was

19 hours ago, Booch said:

U don't need to tell me anything...he earned it cause 2 injuries...so if that's earning to u so be it...he was a hold over from last yr..and Osh will favour a hold over 

I know the defence they were running...as it was obvious as a fack...and being up in a suite watching the whole field..ya...I can definitely say it was his guy...

Dimwit Usher said it all at halftime..have to play more dirty...nuff said

Here’s a quote from BA from the post they released today on the WBB website. “And that big play before that… that was a big ‘my fault’, as well.  I should have been there for Holmie (Evan Holm) on the post, and I wasn’t there. That’s definitely my fault. I’m glad I was able to make it up on the next one. To be honest with you, that interception shouldn’t have even needed to happen because I should have been back there on that post play.”

Yeah he should of or could have been there..but fact of matter..even if he was the HB was roasted...also I was referring to a diff play as well ...as there were several

Also..coming from a player you are always gonna defend and back a teammate...even if it is not so much an issue with your own play...just saying 

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Meh, let the Globals actually earn a spot the same as Americans. They should be good enough to truly beat out an American player. Otherwise, I really don't care if they play in the CFL or not. If a global punter can come over here & beat out his opposition then that's great. Otherwise, don't care. 

I will say this, I went to the Stamps-Riders game last weekend. I'd never seen Cody Grace punt live. man, does that guy have a strong leg. He was booming them over 50 yards each time pinning the Riders back. Not only distance but towering punts as well giving his cover team down to get downfield to prevent any big returns. Not bad as a directional punter either but definitely his leg strength was a true asset for the Stamps D. The guy is a Global punter from Australia like Sheehan from the Bombers. 

won't be long before every punter in the CFL is Australian.  I'm a big fan of the AFL (Go Dockers!), those guys can boot it 40,50 yards into a pickle barrel while on the run and a guy hanging off of them, amazing athletes.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

How so? Faj dropped the ball on the snap, bighill goes over the top usually on short yardage so the botched snap nullifies all that anyway. That was luck for the als that the ball came back to faj.

I think the league plans to crack down on Bighill's over the top missile shot on the QB this year, if the helmet can't be the target, he doesn't have much to aim at.

Oh, how I wish our Canada Day family holiday had been last week during the terrible game against the BC Lions! I missed this week's thrilling thrashing of the Montreal Alouettes, but alas, such is the random nature of life, where we have no control over the circumstances that unfold. Fate works in mysterious ways and mother karma will pay me back in the future.

Cheers to another Blue Bomber victory my friends! 

2 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Oh, how I wish our Canada Day family holiday had been last week during the terrible game against the BC Lions! I missed this week's thrilling thrashing of the Montreal Alouettes, but alas, such is the random nature of life, where we have no control over the circumstances that unfold. Fate works in mysterious ways and mother karma will pay me back in the future.

Cheers to another Blue Bomber victory my friends! 

That's why PVR's were invented.  To counter unwelcome family interventions preventing a live viewing of the festivities.

46 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

won't be long before every punter in the CFL is Australian.  I'm a big fan of the AFL (Go Dockers!), those guys can boot it 40,50 yards into a pickle barrel while on the run and a guy hanging off of them, amazing athletes.

The CFL should come out with a hat line that features dangling corks.....they could also use a few more Bruces.

australian kitsch 🦘 on Twitter: "Happy birthday @ericidle, Regis Professor  of Philosophy at the University of Woolamaloo and Honorary Doctor of the  University of Adelaide https://t.co/zrsbsV4NUB" / Twitter

Edited by Fatty Liver

1 hour ago, Mike said:

One day we will solve the mystery of which family member of Booch’s Evan Holm assaulted.

I can’t wait to find out. 

hahahaha.....He's to small to any of my blood line

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Best I've got it booch is doing a Tommy Lee Jones in the first captain America movie... "he's still skinny"

I'll have to watch that