LL Cool J feat. BC Lions & EDM Elks

9 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The move to get Lewis is exactly what Jones did last year in signing Lawler.....He has a penchant for throwing tons of dough at a star player in hopes they'll carry the team...........I don't think that plan works well

he never learned last year. A singl wide receiver no matter how good he is will barely win you games, let alone championships. Lewis will be one & done this season. 

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Bane actually played well for Calgary last year when he got the chance, he was just behind Henry.

And of course the cheapskate owner who doesn't care if the Stamps even exist let him walk just like Jameer Thurman. You get owners like Amar Doamn really trying to make the Lions relevant in the Lower Mainland once again. And you get an owner like Murray Edwards in Calgary who use the Stamps financial losses as a tax write off for his billions. That's all he cares about. The man is killing the fanbase. The Stamps desperately need a new stadium & a new owner who actually cares. 

28 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Like Lawler before him.... regretting the decision until he looks at his bank account. 

Schoen is proving last season was no fluke, using mental strength and motivation he outworks every other receiver and DB on the field, and certainly deserves to be among the top paid receivers in the league.  Walters has 6 months to contemplate the can of worms he cracked open by paying Lawler money that should really be going into Schoen's pocket.  His easy out is if Schoen catches on with the NFL in the off-season.

1 minute ago, Fatty Liver said:

Schoen is proving last season was no fluke, using mental strength and motivation he outworks every other receiver and DB on the field, and certainly deserves to be among the top paid receivers in the league.  Walters has 6 months to contemplate the can of worms he cracked open by paying Lawler money that should really be going into Schoen's pocket.  His easy out is if Schoen catches on with the NFL in the off-season.

If he didn't get a sniff this past offseason, being another year older isn't going to improve his chances. Apparently the thought down south is that Schoen's success is a product of the waggle, and that alone. So he wouldn't be successful in The League. Their loss is our gain.

4 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

They'll find the money to pay him.  Problem for another time, but lots of guys coming to the end of their playing days who won't cost as much to replace.  Lots of money on the injured list too, guys that potentially aren't going to ever fully return or who we won't need past this season.

38 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They'll find the money to pay him.  Problem for another time, but lots of guys coming to the end of their playing days who won't cost as much to replace.  Lots of money on the injured list too, guys that potentially aren't going to ever fully return or who we won't need past this season.

I disagree with some of that. I don't think any of our OL are in the Top 5 as far as salary goes so to replace Bryant, Yoshi & Neufeld will get expensive. There'll be no home town discounts for free agents coming to town to replace them. We'll have to pay top dollar to replace those 3 eventually. Hopefully, one at a time & not all 3 at once. 

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I disagree with some of that. I don't think any of our OL are in the Top 5 as far as salary goes so to replace Bryant, Yoshi & Neufeld will get expensive. There'll be no home town discounts for free agents coming to town to replace them. We'll have to pay top dollar to replace those 3 eventually. Hopefully, one at a time & not all 3 at once. 

I don't think they'll be buying free agents.  Dobson for Neufeld, Richmond at one tackle, maybe a free agent for the other.  Say Neufeld retires after this season.  Dobson still on his rookie deal for next year.  Say Jeffcoat retires, his replacement is half the cost, plus we've been basically paying 1.5x Jeffcoat to keep him here with the constant injury replacements.

Anyways, there's lots of roster movement year by year.  I don't think we'll be losing Schoen to anyone but the NFL.  They'll figure it out.

19 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don't think they'll be buying free agents.  Dobson for Neufeld, Richmond at one tackle, maybe a free agent for the other.  Say Neufeld retires after this season.  Dobson still on his rookie deal for next year.  Say Jeffcoat retires, his replacement is half the cost, plus we've been basically paying 1.5x Jeffcoat to keep him here with the constant injury replacements.

Anyways, there's lots of roster movement year by year.  I don't think we'll be losing Schoen to anyone but the NFL.  They'll figure it out.

I think they find a way to keep both Lawler & Schoen. I think they'll also want to bring in some OL free agents if there's a mass retirement at the same time. Some older veterans will hit the road to save money in areas where they think they can get away with it. You don't cheap out on the OL. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Our issue from Friday was soft coverage and big cushions...why? I don't know but I'm sure we don't see that again.

And even then we should have had 4 pics...

Because Ritchie Hall. He does this far too often with the easy to pick up blitzes. 

27 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think they find a way to keep both Lawler & Schoen. I think they'll also want to bring in some OL free agents if there's a mass retirement at the same time. Some older veterans will hit the road to save money in areas where they think they can get away with it. You don't cheap out on the OL. 

So I don't see Hardrick and Bryant leaving at the same time... and we have Dobson and Eli as interior guy replacements. I think the Ol will keep trucking along when guys eventually retired. 

30 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Lawler's gonna need to have a heck of a second half to come back, imo.

I think his salary shifts to Schoen's pocket next year.

33 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Because Ritchie Hall. He does this far too often with the easy to pick up blitzes. 

So I don't see Hardrick and Bryant leaving at the same time... and we have Dobson and Eli as interior guy replacements. I think the Ol will keep trucking along when guys eventually retired. 

I hope so. 

Schoen is 27 going on 28 next yr..after 3 attempts his NFL window is slammed shut

Lawler is only 28 currently...so he will have 4...5 top yrs left in him

To keep both next yr is easy...and will be done...and there are guys that sure don't make huge cash but well above minimum who we likely transition from...the Augustine's..Rose..Thomas...maybe a Gauthier or Briggs...quite possibly Jeffcoat if doesn't play more than 12 games this yr...and play them at a MODP level...so not too concerned

Hardrick is 5 yrs Bryant's junior and shows no signs of slowing down...if anything this yr looks better than ever...and same can be said with Bryant...so I see both back back next yr..on fair deals again...same with Neuf...and if they close out 2023 as still dominant players...then why would we dump them if we can afford them?

The fact we have Richmond..Dobson..Eli and even Kolo who isn't a youngin as much in the wings just in case allows us some security and choices 

This team is set up pretty well to just have to re-tool/augment as opposed to rebuild...for a good many yrs yet. Other than our 2 tackles and Lawler signing 1 yr deals as it looks now all on offence could be back...including the 3 mentioned next yr...and why would you not bring them back the way they clicking...and if we make it work this yr? All the key guys on offence will be on 3rd..4th...5th deals so increase from a rookie salary to a top teir one is only gonna happen with Schoen....we should be fine

Edited by Booch

31 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Lawler's gonna need to have a heck of a second half to come back, imo.

I think his salary shifts to Schoen's pocket next year.

Lawler is paying for his serious lack of judgement two years ago. I'm sure he'll be relieved to get this legal stuff over with & behind him when it's over. Pretty expensive lesson.

I'm not going to say we've all done it as I'm sure some here haven't but I'll be honest, 40-45 years ago when I was in my 20's & single, I got behind the wheel & drove home from a bar or party way over the legal limit plenty of times. I was just lucky I never got caught. The law was severe back then but not as severe as it is now. I hardly drink anymore & when I do it's at home. My kids & their wives don't drink so when we go there liquor is never served. My friends for the most part don't either. So, when we socialize it's juice, pop or water. I have liquor in my liquor cabinet still left over from last Xmas. But hey, back in the early 80's it was party time & I did some stupid things like drinking & driving. I made the same decisions Lawler made getting behind the wheel so I can't be harsh with him or I'm a hypocrite. We both very bad choices. I just got away with it because it was a fluke the cops never pulled me over. 

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Lawler is paying for his serious lack of judgement two years ago. I'm sure he'll be relieved to get this legal stuff over with & behind him when it's over. Pretty expensive lesson.

I'm not going to say we've all done it as I'm sure some here haven't but I'll be honest, 40-45 years ago when I was in my 20's & single, I got behind the wheel & drove home from a bar or party way over the legal limit plenty of times. I was just lucky I never got caught. The law was severe back then but not as severe as it is now. I hardly drink anymore & when I do it's at home. My kids & their wives don't drink so when we go there liquor is never served. My friends for the most part don't either. So, when we socialize it's juice, pop or water. I have liquor in my liquor cabinet still left over from last Xmas. But hey, back in the early 80's it was party time & I did some stupid things like drinking & driving. I made the same decisions Lawler made getting behind the wheel so I can't be harsh with him or I'm a hypocrite. We both very bad choices. I just got away with it because it was a fluke the cops never pulled me over. 

I can attest to the same thing..did it..did it often..and was so stupid...and I as well rarely drink now either...the odd time...some at sporting events etc...special occasions...my drink I guess is fasting..the gym...and helping others train

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Lawler signed a two year deal this year. Demski is on a three year deal. So they only need to extend Schoen. I think Jeffcoat is gone after this year. Augustine too. Possibly Rose. Nichols needs a raise too. At any rate, I think the Mafia figures it out.

Bailey may be a casualty next year as well as he's making a bit over a hundred thousand, getting into his 30's & on a 1 year deal. I see some guys defensively as you say who may be gone like Jeffcoat & Rose. Why pay Jeffcoat when he can't play? I love the guy but there are other assets we need so salaries from some older players will have to be cut. I don't think we'll bring the entire band back together again like we did this year but if 70% come back next season (& that might be high) I'll be more than happy with that. It may also open the door signing some quality free agents here as well. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I can attest to the same thing..did it..did it often..and was so stupid...and I as well rarely drink now either...the odd time...some at sporting events etc...special occasions...my drink I guess is fasting..the gym...and helping others train

Yeah, as we get older we mature & think back... At least for me, I think how could I have been so stupid? That's what life is all about, though. The older we get the more wiser we supposedly become. That's why when I read some of the critical comments some made about Lawler a couple of years ago, they were all correct. No denying that. But I never criticized him as I was just as guilty as Kenny.