3 stars plus hh blow out with some doubt

wbbfan

Little column A, little column B when it comes to Buck.

On one hand, the Ticats had some real weak links out there and suspect play calling.

On the other hand, Buck and Zach recognized those weaknesses fast and went at them without mercy.

Like the RPO was lethal a bunch of times. Haven't seen anyone bite on RPO that hard since we had Streveller.

And yeah those blind toss plays seemed real high risk and low reward.  There's gotta be many many safer ways to get that misdirection.

(Note: I know nothing about coaching football)

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Looks like we have found something in Haba we badly needed....a ferocious tackler with speed.....Like what I've seen for sure.....and with JJ still having problems great timing....And let's not forget Haba has only been here a few weeks.....got to give it to our guys who find the talent

Early days, but I see some Gavin Walls traits. 

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Early days, but I see some Gavin Walls traits. 

I see more Phillip Hunt...same body type...similar technique and knack to get low and under the Tackle and use a speed/strength combo to get QB in. Ross hairs

He was getting loose and rushing Bo alot..and like mentioned...been here like 11 days..prob has had 5 actual practices At most..he's had a part preseason game..and now a full game of snaps to get his wind...feet under him and see the yard off the ball concept up close and with live bullets flying...Looking forward to what he does..and how they implement more schemes with him

4 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Overcomplicated in the 2nd half IMO

Got way too conservative after the half.  Attribute it to learning under LaPo.  Just keep firing bullets.  I get wanting to salt away a game but momentum can be fickle .. bury opponents and to hell with the optics of running up the score.

Also … Holm gets doesn’t get the respect he deserves from *some* posters on this board.  He had a really good game yesterday and was incredibly disciplined on balls that begged for a PI call.  Yes.  He was beat for TD in the third but for the vast majority of this game he was in position to make a play on the ball.  My only gripe with his play yesterday is that he’s weak in run support - he’s not a super physical guy.

On 2023-06-10 at 1:52 PM, johnzo said:

Haven't seen anyone bite on RPO that hard since we had Streveller.

just look at this sick RPO. Hamilton #90 (Oli's old teammate Mason Bennett) chomps hard on the run fake and Collaros is completely clean as he rolls out and hits Woli for the TD.  hell, I bet Collaros could have run for the TD if he'd picked up blocks from Schoen and Demski, he had so much field to work with.

(edit: actually, I don't know if this was RPO or if it was just a straight up run fake.) 

Edited by johnzo

On 2023-06-13 at 2:57 PM, johnzo said:

just look at this sick RPO. Hamilton #90 (Oli's old teammate Mason Bennett) chomps hard on the run fake and Collaros is completely clean as he rolls out and hits Woli for the TD.  hell, I bet Collaros could have run for the TD if he'd picked up blocks from Schoen and Demski, he had so much field to work with.

(edit: actually, I don't know if this was RPO or if it was just a straight up run fake.) 

I'm certainly no expert on this... but I'd say it was just straight play-action on that one.... either way, Bennett bit hard

1 hour ago, ddanger said:

Very late on this...

1. Zach...what would we do without him.

2. Houston...great game.

3. Brady

HH. Darcy Oak...best half time show ever!

sad to say I missed it, I was in the Bomber store buying up tons of merch....and then stopping off to buy a few pops on the way back to my seat...what a great night it was to watch a football game, weather was perfect.

2 hours ago, ddanger said:

HH. Darcy Oake...best half time show ever!

I also very much enjoyed it... the fun was that we kind of all knew what was going to happen... so we were looking for little things that would tip it off... but he blew our minds... 

When the curtain came down and he was hooded and tied tight in a straight jacket... we knew that was no longer him... but then where did he go? ... how did he escape from center field with no one noticing?... how did the guy replacing in the box disappear? .... how did he get up to the rum hut so fast?... I'm curious to know how he did it... but there is some fun in the unknown

Edited by bearpants

17 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I also very much enjoyed it... the fun was that we kind of all knew what was going to happen... so we were looking for little things that would tip it off... but he blew our minds... 

When the curtain came down and he was hooded and tied tight in a straight jacket... we knew that was no longer him... but then where did he go? ... how did he escape from center field with no one noticing?... how did the guy replacing in the box disappear? .... how did he get up to the rum hut so fast?... I'm curious to know how he did it... but there is some fun in the unknown

That must have been him in the Bomber Store...I had a guy rush past me trying to get through a secret door in the wall....thought he looked familiar lol...

21 minutes ago, bearpants said:

They clearly moved the box right under the stage before he got on it. Then, they moved it back when he got onto the stage and the curtain came up, and after they rolled it away. You could even see the black box moving. 

I don't care for illusionists. I don't find it interesting. But, that's probably the first time it was so obvious what was happening and how he did it. 

17 minutes ago, JCon said:

They clearly moved the box right under the stage before he got on it. Then, they moved it back when he got onto the stage and the curtain came up, and after they rolled it away. You could even see the black box moving. 

I don't care for illusionists. I don't find it interesting. But, that's probably the first time it was so obvious what was happening and how he did it. 

Harsh, but true. I may be in the minority but I was never a David Copperfield fan. His stuff never interested me at all.

Skilled Magicians on the other hand fascinate the heck out of me.

Sorry, Go Bombers Go, three stars and all that. 🙂

21 minutes ago, JCon said:

The only part I couldn't figure out was how he got from under the bleachers to out in front of the rum hut without anyone there noticing (and maybe some around the rum hut did notice).

It was a good show. Enjoyed it a lot.

Especially because it was something different. If it had been a concert or dogs with frisbees or timbits soccer or whatever, I’d be getting drinks or heading to the bathroom.

Checking out Darcy Oake kept me in my seat. Heard the name 100x but had never seen him perform. It was fun.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

It was a good show. Enjoyed it a lot.

Especially because it was something different. If it had been a concert or dogs with frisbees or timbits soccer or whatever, I’d be getting drinks or heading to the bathroom.

Checking out Darcy Oake kept me in my seat. Heard the name 100x but had never seen him perform. It was fun.

19 hours ago, JCon said:

I genuinely don't remember there being a black box... clearly I wasn't paying that close attention 😂