3 stars plus hh blow out with some doubt

wbbfan

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

We gifted them so many ******* points. I'm already tired of seeing "Bombers Hold Off Ticats Comeback" headlines... Bulllllshiiiiit. 

It was a weird 'comeback' at that. Not the way anyone would have drawn it up. The blocked kick for a TD and Grant playing hot potato were literally gifts. I thought Forde was way too nice on us breaking those ones down. 

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So Jeffcoat was nicked during practice... did he get taken out because he absolutely couldn't go or because the game was well in hand and Haba was playing well so they have him rest? 

Either way just get healthy man.

Bauming said he got taken out in the first Q. 

He was definitely out by halftime. 

Didnt see Jeffcoat come off limping....and on sidelines he seemed fine...maybe they just wanted to play him like a pre-season game...get some reps and then sit....and let Haba get some valuable reps.....as he been here for only a minute....Jeffcoat was good when he was in...And Haba got better and better as game progressed

Now lets have Osh be a thi8nking man, and utilize the Nationalized American rule and start Haba...use Jeffcoat in that spot, and limit him basically to the 23 reps....or minimal other reps outside the 23...ease him in....limit the wear and tear, cause when he is in...he makes a big difference.....Now will Osh do that?...Prob not and the reason for it will soley be just because he is Mike Oshea

Edited by Booch

Jeffcoat is  great when healthy - no doubt. 

Ted Laurent and Kyle Wilson made some nice plays and they got some nice breaks - but anyone who thinks Hamilton turned it around in the second half is fooling themselves. 

They couldn’t do anything on O and couldn’t stop us on D. 

Edited by Geebrr

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Houston had 2 picks

Not to slag on Holm...as u seem to.tjimk I hate him..but if No had any touch left he would have got burned for 3 TDs...instead of 1...and on the play where Lawrence fell.down...he couldn't even drag lil Tim white down...he carried Holmie for like 10 or more yards of yac...we can do.better...and yeah he made some plays too...but had the hell targeted out of him...

On a diff note ..Darby did as a rock...what a pick up last yr

Yeah, Holm made some great plays on some terrible throws. The best thing was that he wasn't called for PI on any of them ... those throws were PI bait but Holm did not bite.

But yeah I agree, if BLM has any deep touch, Holm has a rough game and perhaps the ticats even win.

Block of the game: Bryant gets rumbling out ahead of Brady on a sweep and pancakes #3 George Jr. on Hamilton. Think this was in the 3Q.

Junior had such a miserable game.  The Bombers didn't just exploit or expose him: they bullied him.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

One play early on Jeffcoat just out the Ol on roller skates and pushed him right into Mitchell's lap. 

This was my favourite play of the game. JJ plows the guy into Bo... Bo gets flushed and then Biggie starts chasing him and scares him into a terrible throw. It was all poetry.... 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Jeffcoat is  great when healthy - no doubt. 

Ted Laurent and Kyle Wilson made some nice plays and they got some nice breaks - but anyone who thinks Hamilton turned it around in the second half is fooling themselves. 

They couldn’t do anything on O and couldn’t stop us on D. 

Helps turning it around when the other team essentially gives you all your points lol. And yes Jeffcoat is a straight beast.

54 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Block of the game: Bryant gets rumbling out ahead of Brady on a sweep and pancakes #3 George Jr. on Hamilton. Think this was in the 3Q.

did not  realize he was that fast.  and he was looking for a second guy, almost had him.

must have been a lot of good blocking, hamilton d line didnt do much, and brady racking up yds.

a good qb helps the O line probably. collaros  was doing a mahomes last night. bailey td throw.

too bad about pig short yardage goal line miss.

Edited by Mark F

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

I don't think ZC even got touched in pocket did he? Online was dominating...I see BO with a huge yr...he's really morphed into AH 2.0

Basically untouched in the first half. Second half he had a bit more pressure but the line was still pretty solid

That game clinching sack by Haba was something else. That guy has speed. What a player. I'm excited.

21 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Looks like we have found something in Haba we badly needed....a ferocious tackler with speed.....Like what I've seen for sure.....and with JJ still having problems great timing....And let's not forget Haba has only been here a few weeks.....got to give it to our guys who find the talent

And after Jeffcoat went out Haba was in for almost every play. I'm sure he'll be even more effective when he can more plays off.

31 minutes ago, Mark F said:

what did people think about Buck/playcalling?

to me it seemed like he really mixed it up. don't what the plays were, but they were attacking all over the place. 

how did the  argos beat this team?

Too many blind tosses. That’s gotta be a seldom used wrinkle. We used it too much and it bit us. 
 The pattern layer was fantastic, greatly diversified pass concepts. The cats had no idea what hit them on soo many plays. 
 Really made them wait and eat play action until he unleashed Brady. Got him going in different ways and leaned on him more when the passing game got in a funk. 
 Letting up was a mistake and took too long to get back into sync but it is game 1 with half a preseason and a no hitting camp so it’s not surprising. 

over all it was a really good game by buck. He continually improves and that’s what counts. He’s shown some brilliant game plans in the past and uses our weapons well for the most part. If he keeps it up great things will follow. He doesn’t seem the type to get complacent and stop growing. 

Argos had a great game plan and execution. We adjusted poorly we had a lot of guys playing hurt and not enough big performers. We play that game 9 times out of 10 we win by a lot.