Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

He doesn't, but the three of them have reportedly been in lockstep during this whole rebuild. I'm fairly sure they all discuss these things together.

Not that MOS would reveal to us if Walters wasn't coming back, but him telling us he expects it makes it seem like it's obvious that it is...like most of us expected. 

MOS isn’t really an offer up information type of guy. 

For him to say anything at all is very telling. 

the only thing I've ever said is I trust JBR.... and continue to do so. While the specific "Walters to Ham" might be "speculation" on his part, I fully believe JBR when he says Walters needs out for family reasons (and being wildly overworked), and that Hamilton is going to have a lot of turnover in their front office this offseason. 

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the only thing I've ever said is I trust JBR.... and continue to do so. While the specific "Walters to Ham" might be "speculation" on his part, I fully believe JBR when he says Walters needs out for family reasons (and being wildly overworked), and that Hamilton is going to have a lot of turnover in their front office this offseason. 

and the one thing I have learned over the years....always trust the word of people I have never met who post on internet forums....lol...no offense JBR...love your posts.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

and the one thing I have learned over the years....always trust the word of people I have never met who post on internet forums....lol...no offense JBR...love your posts.

I feel bad for JBR because he's never said any of this but Noeller has been running with it like as if he chiseled it on stone tablets. 

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I would be amazed if he leaves prior to 2025. That I could see being his final year.

Yeah, Millar ain't going anywhere until after the Grey Cup. At some point after that, I can see him walking away after successfully turning the franchise around.

But that would depend on a number of things too. 

Sounds like Kyle Walter will be back at least for next season based on Mike O'Shea's comments. Clearly, the rift narrative is crumbling. It will be interesting to see what kind of a term the contract has and if Mike O'Shea will be elevated into a role above Kyle on the football Ops side of things. It's possible that with the football Ops cap around the league there simply wasn't a lucrative opportunity for Kyle elsewhere and he will come back on a 1 year deal and bide his time for an opening so he can be paid what he feels he deserves. There may be a specific job that he's waiting for such as an opening in Hamilton.

Why would we think that Miller is going to leave? For me that would be a pretty scary situation. 

10 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

The difference between Miller and O'Shea and Walters is he's cofounded and owns several businesses.

Miller took over the Bombers to turn the franchise around and he did.

I could absolutely see him riding out into the sunset 

Originally he onlywanted to do it a short term...I think he has changed his stance on that a bit, but will be here thru the 2025 season at minimum

32 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Hopefully Walters turns up in Hamilton this week and gets some face time with media to clarify his situation.

I suspect that the only answer we would get is that they are focused on the Grey Cup and that they will sit down and talk once the season is over... pretty much the same as they did with O'Shea last year.

39 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Hopefully Walters turns up in Hamilton this week and gets some face time with media to clarify his situation.

The gossip suggests that Walters is overjoyed about the team making it to the Grey Cup, as it conveniently provides him with the opportunity to go house hunting in Hamilton during the week.

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

My friend, I have a most excellent bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

I'll trade you one for one for our really cool one here in the Okanagan.

3 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

The gossip suggests that Walters is overjoyed about the team making it to the Grey Cup, as it conveniently provides him with the opportunity to go house hunting in Hamilton during the week.

gives him a chance to get plugged in with some local realtors....

20 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

“Hello Kyle, a super fan on a fan message board took the off hand comments of another fan to mean that you are unequivocally abandoning the franchise after this season, care to comment?”

34 minutes ago, Mike said:

“Hello Kyle, a super fan on a fan message board took the off hand comments of another fan to mean that you are unequivocally abandoning the franchise after this season, care to comment?”

Sounds like John Hodge.

Hodge asked MOS at the coaches forum about the Kyle Walters' situation and was rightfully admonished by Osh.