Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

I wanted nothing more than for Liegghio to figure it out and become that 20-year veteran NI kicker that stays with us forever.... but man oh man, am I ever thankful for Serge and what he's been able to do this year. That game in Calgary proved that he's ready to to be clutch in the crazy Canadian early-winter playoffs...

14 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Irving believes Bailey is banged up.

Smart move if one or both are knicked and cant play...Ambles is an experienced vet...seen it all...been in the playoffs....savy move

I like Blackmon being back too....he could be a real intriguing guy, and take Mcrae's spot and be more a receiving threat and still be used with motion out of the back field

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

I wanted nothing more than for Liegghio to figure it out and become that 20-year veteran NI kicker that stays with us forever.... but man oh man, am I ever thankful for Serge and what he's been able to do this year. That game in Calgary proved that he's ready to to be clutch in the crazy Canadian early-winter playoffs...

I mean he had nearly the same year as Sergio This year so he likely is well on his way now. 

3 minutes ago, bluto said:

Ambles is a good player.

Was a numbers victim here.

Imo he’s a guy who has never lived up to his potential. From usc on to the cfl. He’s not the guy I’d go with so it makes sense they picked him up lol. Personally I’d a gone with a fast guy who can take the top off the coverage. 
 I’d rather still have Agudosi tbh, he knows the system and has plenty of familiarity with Zach. 
Hope this isn’t a sign that we are gonna miss one or two guys like Bailey and roadhouse. 

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I think that is exactly what it is. In a season where Zach has been a bit unsettled and has been forcing throws, just our luck to have injuries to the receivers this late in the season.

It’s likely but I’m hoping it’s not. 
 No joke. Not the time by any means. Lawler is gonna get mugged. 

So we sign Ambles (very good receiver proven) after we have released Agudosi (fair receiver and virtually unproven)......we win that one.....I really like the move of Blackmon coming off the pr....He has looked pretty good in practice, apparently....An unknown coming in this late in the year and that can be confusing to the oppostion....Smart moves

10 minutes ago, Stickem said:

So we sign Ambles (very good receiver proven) after we have released Agudosi (fair receiver and virtually unproven)......we win that one.....I really like the move of Blackmon coming off the pr....He has looked pretty good in practice, apparently....An unknown coming in this late in the year and that can be confusing to the oppostion....Smart moves

The team just added him back to the PR after having previously released him. 

Like adding Ambles to the PR incase Bailey and Schoen can't go. He's a vet that has won cups. 

19 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

The team just added him back to the PR after having previously released him. 

Like adding Ambles to the PR incase Bailey and Schoen can't go. He's a vet that has won cups. 

Wonder if they have to cut other PR players to make room?  Still expecting Bailey back and BOLO to start for Schoen who seems done for the season.

I know this sounds like stupid rationalization, but normally they don't ever let injured/potentially-injured players anywhere near the media post-game....and Bailey was on the CJOB post game show, so to me, that means he's fine. Wonder if they THOUGHT it was nothing and then it turned out to be something..... sure hope Knuckles isn't right about that one, though he almost always is.