Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

yeah it's not a matter of waiting and playing this fools game...but when 3/5's of one unit is on the IR...and several other g

key guys are working back into the lineup....top notch players...well then you hope when they come back...nobody else gets dinged....thats football

1 minute ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The club has made the following transactions: 

Added to roster: 
🇨🇦  Kerfalla Exume (DB) 

Added to practice roster: 
🇨🇦  Jared Beeksma (LB) 

Released from practice roster: 
🇨🇦  Jakub Szott (OL) 

bout time we did something to adress the roster inefficiency...Exume will be huge on teams....

18 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Added to roster: 
🇨🇦  Kerfalla Exume (DB) 

🇨🇦  Jared Beeksma (LB) 

🇨🇦  Jakub Szott (OL) 

I'm glad Walters reads this site :D

Who shall we get him to sign next ! 

23 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Added to roster: 
🇨🇦  Kerfalla Exume (DB) 

🇨🇦  Jared Beeksma (LB) 

🇨🇦  Jakub Szott (OL) 

"Like" is not a strong enough reaction... I LOVE these moves!... well, mostly adding Exume to help out our struggling teams game... I don't know anything about Beeksma

39 minutes ago, bearpants said:

"Like" is not a strong enough reaction... I LOVE these moves!... well, mostly adding Exume to help out our struggling teams game... I don't know anything about Beeksma

Beeksma is another Guelph guy.

Ticats signed him in the 5th round in 2022, went to Riders for a week during their Covid outbreak then back to Ticats.

He got into 6 games with Cats (1 defensive tackle, 4 ST tackles) and was one of the final cuts at this year's camp.

https://3downnation.com/2022/08/01/ticats-bring-back-canadian-rookie-linebacker-jared-beeksma/

Edited by WinnipegGordo

56 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Added to roster: 
🇨🇦  Kerfalla Exume (DB) 

🇨🇦  Jared Beeksma (LB) 

🇨🇦  Jakub Szott (OL) 

Exume is a beast on the teams! I believe he led the CFL in ST tackles as a rookie in Winnipeg. Really happy with these moves. 

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Exume is a beast on the teams! I believe he led the CFL in ST tackles as a rookie in Winnipeg. Really happy with these moves. 

yeah had 25....Had high teans in 21 for the Als....not as many last yr but think he missed some time...but huge add for depth for us...Not too sure what the other fella brings, but it's a Canadian body who can fil out on teams as well and be a back-up to our Canadian LB's...

Fantastic moves. I wonder how our roster shakes out now though. 
I don’t see Hallett or Kelly coming off. They love Kramdi but he’s the one I’d take off. In that case though we really need a DA db to be an extra cover guy. Maybe we run 1 global and take maruo off for beeksma? 

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I don’t see Hallett or Kelly coming off. They love Kramdi but he’s the one I’d take off. In that case though we really need a DA db to be an extra cover guy. Maybe we run 1 global and take maruo off for beeksma? 

Exume will replace Kelly....only reason he is on roster is due to injuries....so this early season experience is huge in case someone goes down later in season...BA is backed by Hallet, who will be backed by Exume

Mauro for Beeksma makes no sense at moment as we need to run 2 globals on roster...Beeksma is depth and just that...depth in case we lose Gauthier,Briggs or Cadlwadder...If anything I'd like to see Mauro bumped for Karamoko...He can offer the same as Mauro on teams, and can rotate in on defence and cover at HB or SAM even.....he also was used a bit edge rushing in pre-season much like Mauro...dude is uber athletic.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Exume will replace Kelly....only reason he is on roster is due to injuries....so this early season experience is huge in case someone goes down later in season...BA is backed by Hallet, who will be backed by Exume

Mauro for Beeksma makes no sense at moment as we need to run 2 globals on roster...Beeksma is depth and just that...depth in case we lose Gauthier,Briggs or Cadlwadder...If anything I'd like to see Mauro bumped for Karamoko...He can offer the same as Mauro on teams, and can rotate in on defence and cover at HB or SAM even.....he also was used a bit edge rushing in pre-season much like Mauro...dude is uber athletic.

Karamoko will work his way on in the near future. Probably just needs a little more coaching up first.

36 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think Murphy would be the first to be dropped from the active roster.

As well, Gauthier and Kramdi aren't at practice today so who knows if they are available this week. Does anyone know if their wifes are pregnant?

Edit: Kramdi is at practice, just isn't participating.

Edited by WinnipegGordo

yeah wonder how long we do the 7 oline thing...maybe until Miller is back....and then we just go with the 6 best...

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

The regular season is four weeks old. Relax lol.

its been a couple yrs of it tho...not just these games

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Not sure how Exume was even available? However, great add and Szott was a waste of a spot so that's addition by subtraction. Not sure about Beeksma?

Beeksma had 2 go arounds with the Ti-Cats, LB body type O'Shea likes on ST, 6'-2" 220 lbs, plus he was a former Gryphon. 

Edited by Fatty Liver

15 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they make a choice between Dobson and Eli with the other guy going on IR.

Exume and Kramdi on.

Murphy and 7th OL off.

Possible we do that....but I think that MOS really likes his big jumbo pckg more than he likes Kramdi.