CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

Masoli is done.

Anyone see the CFL mess uup the TD catch by ott? Rec comes down with it, one knee in bounds...slides out of bounds with defender...while both players are out of bounds and still moving the defender smacks the ball out. I don't understand how they ruled no td.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Achilles or ACL.

ACL is my guess. None contact too

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah he seems to have found his confidence again, though if history is any indicator it won't take much for him to start shanking everything again.

This just isn't the town for young kickers. Lirim was able to turn it around after leaving Winnipeg. For Leggs sake, hopefully he's able to as well.

We've been fortunate enough to get kickers in Medlock and Castillo to replace them but one of these days I worry it will bite us in the rear giving up on young kickers that count as Canadians.

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

This just isn't the town for young kickers. Lirim was able to turn it around after leaving Winnipeg. For Leggs sake, hopefully he's able to as well.

We've been fortunate enough to get kickers in Medlock and Castillo to replace them but one of these days I worry it will bite us in the rear giving up on young kickers that count as Canadians.

This fan base is just awful to athletes who don't live up to unreasonable expectations (as in, too much too soon). Would love nothing more than for Liegghio to have an amazing career in this league.

24 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Anyone see the CFL mess uup the TD catch by ott? Rec comes down with it, one knee in bounds...slides out of bounds with defender...while both players are out of bounds and still moving the defender smacks the ball out. I don't understand how they ruled no td.

The way I understood the commentators, it was ruled incomplete because the receiver did not have control of the ball while in bounds. I don't think the swat away by the Ottawa defender at the end factored into the decision.