Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

How can people who were born after Facebook be able to vote when the 90s were like ten years ago?

listening to a series of podcasts discussing movies from 1999, and they're talking about it being the 20th anniversary (it's a pod from '19) and I'm like "no, no....I was just at BU a few.........ah ****...." 

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

listening to a series of podcasts discussing movies from 1999, and they're talking about it being the 20th anniversary (it's a pod from '19) and I'm like "no, no....I was just at BU a few.........ah ****...." 

Repo Man just celebrated it's 37th anniversary...

giphy.gif

And John Bonk turns 73 this year.

Chris Walby turns 67 in October.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Goodson looks to be a Casey Sayles type of NT. Not the biggest dude but very agile for a 300 lber. Will be nice to see what he can do.

I wouldn’t say he’s anything like Sayles, way lower point of attack and not a guy you’re going to flex out to the edge ever. He’s a bull rush Stove type tackle with a bit more athleticism but a shorter wingspan. Former wrestler collegiately, I think he’s got potential to be a good one for us.

12 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Goodson sounds interesting.

The QB looks like he's a poor passer (55% completion %). Guessing he's good in short yardage?

He’s definitely a dual threat guy. Streveler type speed. He also chucked the ball down field a lot so his % isn’t like most west coast passing teams. Didn’t play the best level of competition but high upside guy. 

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Goodson looks to be a Casey Sayles type of NT. Not the biggest dude but very agile for a 300 lber. Will be nice to see what he can do.

Sayles is a good 5 inches taller and 25lbs lighter. 
 If he was 6’3 and 325+ he’d be on an nfl roster. Perfect niche for us. 

yeah...Goodson is nothing remotely close to what Sayles was....He has the get under pad level and have O-lineman skating back into the pocket written all over him, and I like that wrestling background...that to me is a key extra skill to have for an interior dline guy...he will know how to move bodies....

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...Goodson is nothing remotely close to what Sayles was....He has the get under pad level and have O-lineman skating back into the pocket written all over him, and I like that wrestling background...that to me is a key extra skill to have for an interior dline guy...he will know how to move bodies....

Love the wrestling background. Pretty much exactly what you would come up with if you could design an ideal cfl nose. 
 Love the tackle production too. Strong 2+ tackle per game guy with a ton of Tfl. Not often you see dts putting up games of 9 tackles 2 tfl and sack 1 ff. Or getting. Tfl in 6 straight games. A lot of big time plays in the crunch and a long history of winning. Playing in 4 bowl games in 4 years in college is pretty crazy when you aren’t a top tier school. 

11 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

They seem to find real good players each year from these. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Love the wrestling background. Pretty much exactly what you would come up with if you could design an ideal cfl nose. 
 Love the tackle production too. Strong 2+ tackle per game guy with a ton of Tfl. Not often you see dts putting up games of 9 tackles 2 tfl and sack 1 ff. Or getting. Tfl in 6 straight games. A lot of big time plays in the crunch and a long history of winning. Playing in 4 bowl games in 4 years in college is pretty crazy when you aren’t a top tier school. 

They seem to find real good players each year from these. 

yeah the tackle totals, and the hurries/TFL's kinda jumped out at me

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well damn guys.... if he doesn't pan out this is all on your heads.

Lol no pressure. Ideally they can find another stove clone and have a competition in camp between them. The only thing Goodson leaves you wanting for is another of him. 

Now that I think about it it seems like the stoves poops Bryant’s etc all came out of camps with great competition at dt too. 

On 2023-03-08 at 11:15 AM, Tracker said:

Getting older ain't for sissies.

I am ecstatic (I think) to announce that I received a call from the orthopod surgeon's office this morning to advise me that I am booked for my knee replacement sometime in May- date to be announced. Even though I have worked in the healthcare field for some 40 years, I am experiencing some trepidation. I have never had the end of my femur and tibia sawed off before, Gotta be better than 33 months of chronic pain, though. 

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I am ecstatic (I think) to announce that I received a call from the orthopod surgeon's office this morning to advise me that I am booked for my knee replacement sometime in May- date to be announced. Even though I have worked in the healthcare field for some 40 years, I am experiencing some trepidation. I have never had the end of my femur and tibia sawed off before, Gotta be better than 33 months of chronic pain, though. 

Congrats.....remember, after the saw comes the drill, then a hammer and glue, and you're all done!

11 hours ago, Tracker said:

They'll freeze you from the waist down so you'll be asleep in kind of a nether world. You won't be totally out. If you're "lucky"  like I was, you'll wake up before they're finished with your knee & you'll hear the sound of a drill... Zeee, zeee, zee & a hammer.. ting, ting, ting. And hope to God the freezing doesn't come out too soon. That'll be my fate again  on April 19th for my 2nd knee replacement. Then the fun begins with the healing & physio for both of us. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They'll freeze you from the waist down so you'll be asleep in kind of a nether world. You won't be totally out. If you're "lucky"  like I was, you'll wake up before they're finished with your knee & you'll hear the sound of a drill... Zeee, zeee, zee & a hammer.. ting, ting, ting. And hope to God the freezing doesn't come out too soon. That'll be my fate again  on April 19th for my 2nd knee replacement. Then the fun begins with the healing & physio for both of us. 

Got to be a crazy feeling. It’s amazing how well they can reconstruct knees and hips. I wish back surgery was as good. 

20 hours ago, Mike said:

I wouldn’t say he’s anything like Sayles, way lower point of attack and not a guy you’re going to flex out to the edge ever. He’s a bull rush Stove type tackle with a bit more athleticism but a shorter wingspan. Former wrestler collegiately, I think he’s got potential to be a good one for us.

Sayles NFL scouting report and Goodson's are very similar.

19 hours ago, Booch said:

HIs NFL scouting report states that he is not particularly good in the bull rush. He's got the size and body type so maybe they are talking at the NFL level, but his scouting report reads very similar to Sayles.

EDIT:

Just looked at Stove's scouting report as well to compare. All 3 guys have almost identical scouting reports....lol. Therefore, I will discount my use of scouting reports as it seems every fringe guy appears to have the same thing written about them. lol. On body size alone, he is a much bigger load than Sayles so hopefully he is more Stove than Casey.

Edited by GCn20

49 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Sayles NFL scouting report and Goodson's are very similar.

HIs NFL scouting report states that he is not particularly good in the bull rush. He's got the size and body type so maybe they are talking at the NFL level, but his scouting report reads very similar to Sayles.

EDIT:

Just looked at Stove's scouting report as well to compare. All 3 guys have almost identical scouting reports....lol. Therefore, I will discount my use of scouting reports as it seems every fringe guy appears to have the same thing written about them. lol. On body size alone, he is a much bigger load than Sayles so hopefully he is more Stove than Casey.

Sounds like a great prospect....just hope he doesn't mind the cold.............................