Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

From this morning's Freep.  (And by God, if you can - please subscribe to this fantastic, independent newspaper!)

Neufeld said he, just like each one of his teammates, has a personal story to tell that demonstrates the care and concern of their long-time bench boss.

“My partner and our dog were in Saskatoon and my partner came up for the Banjo Bowl in 2016 and left our dog at a kennel overnight. There was a tragedy at the kennel where 14 dogs passed away (due to a heater malfunctioning) and our dog was one of them. It was really devastating for us,” Neufeld explained. “He was our best friend. He was just our big goofy dog and he spent a lot of time with my partner. I remember getting the phone call and right away I went and told Osh. He said, ‘Do whatever you have to do. Go home and make sure everything is OK and take as much time as you need.’ And that was in the middle of a football season.

“You hear stories like that from lots of guys going through personal things where Osh makes sure you’re OK first as a person and then the football will catch up. He’s someone you can’t do anything but respect and admire in that regard,” added Neufeld.

Walters isn’t looking to leave. He has been here 10 years and built this up from the ground floor. 

I wouldn’t just be handing over the keys to the best franchise in the league to have someone else come in and succeed immediately off my work.

They will figure something out. We will see if the operations cap even exists in 2024.

Edited by Geebrr

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Walters isn’t looking to leave. He has been here 10 years and built this up from the ground floor. 

I wouldn’t just be handing over the keys to the best franchise in the league yo have someone else come in and take.

They will figure something out. We will see if the operations cap even exists in 2024.

I 100% believe it exists, but maybe Walters expects it to bump up a bit?

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So is Miller suggesting that we can't afford to pay Walters what he is worth due to the operations cap or what?

I thought it was more... have to see where all the other contracts land to see what's left. 

21 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Good read from our man Tait. 

MOS: It has me crusty and it’s probably going to take me until training camp not to be crusty.

Q: You’ll wear it that long?

MOS: Probably. 

Me, too, Osh.... me, too.....

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

WTF is Hodge doing? What a greasy comment that was.  Claiming Miller is "non committal" about Walters. Trying to create a controversy that isn't there. Just another fanboy masquerading as a journalist.

Not just bloggers... "credible" media personalities too.

Edited by bigg jay

nowhere was it suggested that Walters is going to walk away..... what's being discussed is Miller's quote about not being able to keep everyone in management/coaching ranks because of the non-player salary cap. This is the odd quote that has people fretting..... this quote was in response to whether or not they're working on a contract extension for Walters...

Edited by Noeller