Divisional Semi-finals GDT

Geebrr

1 hour ago, Booch said:

they should have rode Carey and Mills till BC either a) stopped it or, b) completely were beat down.....both scenarios would have resulted in a win

And those 2 failed chances to put up 3 early in the game...like wtf was that thinking?....totally bafffling and un-explainable....especially when the Lions had no answer for a straight ahead Stevens sneak....old adage always holds true....keep going to the well until they can stop it...so dumb....

We won’t be letting them off the hook like that. Brady is going to be steam rolling through these clowns. 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

We won’t be letting them off the hook like that. Brady is going to be steam rolling through these clowns. 

That....and I am 100 percent we have a focused ZC with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, and desire to shut the pie holes of most the media...and don't blame him...he gonna shoot the lights out...just watch...early...and often...then we grind them into pulp

Just now, Booch said:

That....and I am 100 percent we have a focused ZC with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, and desire to shut the pie holes of most the media...and don't blame him...he gonna shoot the lights out...just watch...early...and often...then we grind them into pulp

Agreed, keep pumping his tires and going on about how amazing he is. Collaros comes out firing. 

not that he needs motivation to play well....but history has shown...an angry ZC is a dangerous one...and this team as a whole....doesnt buy into hype....chat in media about any thing other than getting better, or cleaning up their play....they don't rest on any laurels in that room...they will come out...and just play, and likely dominate

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Interesting that DD is 4-5 in the playoffs with three straight loses. Two upsets in the Grey Cup as well. Overall not an amazing post season record.

yup...time for change there....and Huff is the kinda guy to do it too...he;s no fool....

I have no idea why you call that risky sweep on the 3rd-and-1 at the BC 30

I can't see wanting to play for the TD so early in the game.  Why play desperate in the first quarter of a 3-3 game?  But it's a 3rd-and-1 which should be pretty automatic in the CFL, so I can kinda understand this.

but I really can't see why you take the ball away from your two great RBs and your 6'5" short-yardage QB and your best-in-the-cfl OL (by sack and rushing stats, anyway) on that play.

There's massive risk and only a little bit of upside; if you're super lucky maybe you score a TD but more likely you're still just in FG range.

It was time to play dave ritchie football, line up and beat the guy opposite you -- not a time for your coach to demonstrate how nifty their playbook is.

Anyway, dickenson has all winter to think about it.  Onwards to BC.

I trend to think we have the best oline...scored most offensive td's...had the best record....second best rush totals per game....all the while without the starting center for majority, and knicked up tackles for a lot of season....CGY 'best" oline that 'deserved" all-star nods looked run of the mill...we shall see what ours looks like sunday

7 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I have no idea why you call that risky sweep on the 3rd-and-1 at the BC 30

I can't see wanting to play for the TD so early in the game.  Why play desperate in the first quarter of a 3-3 game?  But it's a 3rd-and-1 which should be pretty automatic in the CFL, so I can kinda understand this.

but I really can't see why you take the ball away from your two great RBs and your 6'5" short-yardage QB and your best-in-the-cfl OL (by sack and rushing stats, anyway) on that play.

There's massive risk and only a little bit of upside; if you're super lucky maybe you score a TD but more likely you're still just in FG range.

It was time to play dave ritchie football, line up and beat the guy opposite you -- not a time for your coach to demonstrate how nifty their playbook is.

Anyway, dickenson has all winter to think about it.  Onwards to BC.

You just answered your own question. Get the first down, keep your offence on the field, now if it’s second and a yard take your chance because you get two chances to get a yard but not a great play call on short and third. Especially not a sweep where you’re moving latterly.

21 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I suspect that given the proximity to Manitoba, there will be a healthy contingency of Bomber fans there. But most “neutral” fans will probably cheer for anyone but Winnipeg. Underdogs are often rooted for more. No one outside Edmonton was cheering for the “drive for 5” in the 1980’s. It’s not personal, but people get bored of dynasties and want new blood. 

some people are going to be frustrated/annoyed/triggered about the non-stop Rourke and Lions media love affair that will happen all week... I, for one, love and embrace it... please let everyone talk all week about how great the lions are and how Rourke is the greatest thing this Flutie... I'll be happy watching the (soon-to-be) back-to-back league MOP and the rest of the back-to-back champs show everyone how great BC really is on game day. 

Edited by bearpants

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

some people are going to be frustrated/annoyed/triggered about the non-stop Rourke and Lions media love affair that will happen all week... I, for one, love and embrace it... please let everyone talk all week about how the lions are and how Rourke is the greatest thing this Flutie... I'll be happy watching the (soon-to-be) back-to-back league MOP and the rest of the back-to-back champs show everyone how great BC really is on game day. 

Agreed. Everyone was pumping Hamilton’s tires as the superior team in 2019, people were pumping Hamilton’s tires as the under dog/home Grey cup in 2021, I say let these guys read their press articles and become over confident. I’ve never minded the lack of tires Pumped by the media, BC strikes me as a team that believe their own hype so I say the more favourable articles the better, we’ll be ready when it counts. 

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

B.C. O line looked pretty bad last night. awful actually.

dont think that line has much success  against our D.

Rourke cant really move much.

not a good sitcheeashun  for rourkster.

They were okay. There were times where it didn't look like they could block at all and then there were times where Rourke got like 6 steamboats. I don't think Rourke will get that kind of time with us. Or if he does there's going to be 4 guys around him and no lane to throw the ball.

YEAH....I have no issues with all the Lions talk...I like it...and sure the Bombers players do too

Rourke...or Maier if it was the Stamps are going to see some schemes that nobody has seen from us...we have done that before with great success....and being a relative rookie starter...its gonna be a big issue to overcome....just watch

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Was going to ask you as an insider, do the Bombers quietly resent not being talked about, or is this just a fan mentality of “we get no respect and we have a chip on our shoulder about it”? This club does not seem to need to beat its chest and say “told you we were the best, despite the media ignoring us”. They just go about their business and could care less about the chatter, and tune out the noise.

The only exception seems to be A. Harris in 2019 calling out the “haters” for the abuse he took after failing the drug test, and he carried that chip on his shoulder. Same as the chip he had when he didn’t re-sign him and he wanted to show us in the Toronto game how good he still was. But that seems to be more of a personal motivation tactic for him, and not a club-wide scenario, unlike 2000-2001 when Dave Ritchie lapped up the “us vs the world” mentality to motivate the team.

Personally, I prefer the quiet professionalism of a team that does not need to create any manufactured disrespect to motivate themselves, and just goes out and gets the job done - respect all but fear none, win with class and quiet dignity. I know others embrace the “disrespected, let’s show them up and shut them up” way, to each their own. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

4 hours ago, Booch said:

they should have rode Carey and Mills till BC either a) stopped it or, b) completely were beat down.....both scenarios would have resulted in a win

And those 2 failed chances to put up 3 early in the game...like wtf was that thinking?....totally bafffling and un-explainable....especially when the Lions had no answer for a straight ahead Stevens sneak....old adage always holds true....keep going to the well until they can stop it...so dumb....

A lot of coaches sweat the small stuff so much that they out think themselves. This is what happened yesterday. 

9 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Just want to point out that the media narrative on this was ridiculous. The final tally, while impressive for BC, was a hair over 30k.

As Dustin Nielsen pointed out, "BC Place is,,, JAM PACKED!!!" No, it wasn't. Not even close. 

8 hours ago, Booch said:

yup....shades of 2019 grey cup....guy is not a winner when the going gets tough.....I can't see him back there next yr, and I bet he is dealt to Sask ....BLM is gonna be in Hamilton...thats the only spot I see him landing...unless BC comes hard cause Rourke is gone for a yr or 2...then sask ends up going from a Faj...to a Vaj....and that will be glorious hahaha

I think BC stays with VA. he's signed to a long term contract with them. I think he's their insurance marker. If Rourke leaves he takes over. If Rourke comes back they trade him. 

56 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Was going to ask you as an insider, do the Bombers quietly resent not being talked about, or is this just a fan mentality of “we get no respect and we have a chip on our shoulder about it”? This club does not seem to need to beat its chest and say “told you we were the best, despite the media ignoring us”. They just go about their business and could care less about the chatter, and tune out the noise.

The only exception seems to be A. Harris in 2019 calling out the “haters” for the abuse he took after failing the drug test, and he carried that chip on his shoulder. Same as the chip he had when he didn’t re-sign him and he wanted to show us in the Toronto game how good he still was. But that seems to be more of a personal motivation tactic for him, and not a club-wide scenario, unlike 2000-2001 when Dave Ritchie lapped up the “us vs the world” mentality to motivate the team.

Personally, I prefer the quiet professionalism of a team that does not need to create any manufactured disrespect to motivate themselves, and just goes out and gets the job done - respect all but fear none, win with class and quiet dignity. I know others embrace the “disrespected, let’s show them up and shut them up” way, to each their own. 

seems with this group...especially last 2 yrs they could give a crap....they see it....but this is a team that lets it's result on field do it's talking, for that day and move on

I am sure everyone has noticed as a whole...they never talk about any accomplishment, or themselves personally, always deflect to teamates, and prob noticed as well....99 percent of time they aren't even aware of certain feats they achieved, or record/stats they eclipsed, as they are locked in on that 1-0 week....it's been a total buy in here....and is fostered by vets, and presented to the new guys, and the FIFO weeds out the schmucks....I personally have never seen anything like it....u hear organizations talk that talk....portray it , or try to elsewhere but it has really morphed into something here...It's as legit as legit can be and not lip service 

for me it's the tale of two t-shirts:

the swaggerville t-shirt was a flashy side hustle by a bunch of guys who were hyping themselves after an unreal half-season run of defensive awesomeness. but it wasn't sustainable, it was a flash in the pan.

(tbh I wanted one super bad but I didn't ever hear back from Jovon about international shipping)

the GOAT 24 t-shirt they rolled out last year was a tribute to an unsung hero on the team who is the best in history at his important, obscure job, and the big men on the team were all rocking them. QB out there hyping a special teamer... you love to see it.

(was GOAT 24 a player-only thing or did the Bomber Store sell it?)

Edited by johnzo